User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I wonder how many times I've mentioned Yukio Mishima on this forum, lol.

He was a writer and intellectual who for the last 15 years of his life was fully devoted to bodybuilding. He was also a skilled kendo practitioner and runner.
    Furiously committed to shaping his body to fit the samurai ideal, driven by his shame and hatred of his weak, pale, "intellectual" body.
    Yeah, he's probably the first person I think of when I think of a 4 athlete. Wicked smart too.
    The only way out is through. The faster you're in, the better.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think e4 athletes are most likely to do individual sports, not team sports. They may do things which focus more on form & expression using the body, especially in a refined way, but not scoring points or being physically aggressive or participating in a team camaraderie. Dancing is obvious, and perhaps bodybuilding for men. But I have a hard time imagining a 4 getting into American football or something like that.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I instantly thought of any sport where the competition is dependent on aesthetic appeal and mastery - i.e figure skating, dancing, and so on.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    Fours are often thought of (stereotyped) as artists or art appreciators, but I wonder if there are any famous athletes who are 4's.

Can any of you think of any 4 athletes, past or present, and the sport they practice?
    Charles Barkley

Nate Robinson

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think e4 athletes are most likely to do individual sports, not team sports. They may do things which focus more on form & expression using the body, especially in a refined way, but not scoring points or being physically aggressive or participating in a team camaraderie. Dancing is obvious, and perhaps bodybuilding for men. But I have a hard time imagining a 4 getting into American football or something like that.
    I agree with this. Also, I can't think of any famous 4 athletes. However, I'm a 4 and i'm naturally athletic. I hike. It's my favorite activity. I've played team sports, but I never enjoyed them as much as I enjoy a nice run by myself or an 8 mile hike.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I agree with this. Also, I can't think of any famous 4 athletes. However, I'm a 4 and i'm naturally athletic. I hike. It's my favorite activity. I've played team sports, but I never enjoyed them as much as I enjoy a nice run by myself or an 8 mile hike.
    There are definitely a good amount in football and basketball. Those are the only sports I follow.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've always been athletic, but not into team sports. I think that has more to my being social last than anything, though.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

I dont think a lot of you get what an SFP 4 looks like. If there's interest, I'll post some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by collierm48 View Post
    I dont think a lot of you get what an SFP 4 looks like. If there's interest, I'll post some videos.
    Please do.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Please do.
    Nate Robinson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juUZybQqkFY
    Due to his height, I have to say he's one of the most skilled players in the nba, he is currently the shortest player in the nba.

He has never consistly started on a team, and has always changed teams a lot.
    He made his own series that he puts up on youtube. He has 3 seasons.

His play style is selfish, and all though he has a big heart, he is hard to coach because he isn't a good team player. When he plays, its obvious that he wants to show the world how talented he is at 5'9.

He is a 3 time dunk contest winner.

Instead of establishing himself as a point guard and sticking to one team (like his good friend Isiah Thomas) Nate is would rather stick to the play style he likes, and do things to get more public recognition as an individual.

As a teammate, he isn't very good, but as an individual Nate has made sure that he is very well known. There is absolotely no one in the nba that has accomplished as little as him as an nba player, that is simultaneously as well known as Nate.

He is the most obvious 4 that I can think of. Nick Young is another one.

On another note, Lebron is an obvious 3w4.