User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Enneagram 8: Why can't I ask you guys questions?

Every enneagram 8 that I have ever known absolutely hates me to ask them questions. They like to get straight and to the point with things, and they want you to get something as fast as possible. Another thing is that if you don't just get something right off the bat, and need to ask more questions to clarify, then they look at you like you are some kind of idiot or something. Oh, and God forbid you need them to repeat themselves, then they really hate you. Has anyone else experienced this with type 8's.

@Elfboy

You might like this thread.

How big is your sample group?
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Every enneagram 8 that I have ever known absolutely hates me to ask them questions. They like to get straight and to the point with things, and they want you to get something as fast as possible. Another thing is that if you don't just get something right off the bat, and need to ask more questions to clarify, then they look at you like you are some kind of idiot or something. Oh, and God forbid you need them to repeat themselves, then they really hate you. Has anyone else experienced this with type 8's.
    @Elfboy
    You might like this thread.
    this is ISTP 8w9s, not all 8s. my INTJ 8w7 friend isn't like this at all

that said, you have a point. that look 8s give that says "what are you stupid? you should know this!" really pisses me off
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this is ISTP 8w9s, not all 8s. my INTJ 8w7 friend isn't like this at all

that said, you have a point. that look 8s give that says "what are you stupid? you should know this!" really pisses me off
    Maybe it's because your friend has developed some Fi. However, I have noticed that both the ENTJ 8's and the ISTP 8's do this. And yes, I know the look that you are talking about when you say that they give you a look that says, "What are you stupid"? I want to punch them in the fucking mouth when they give me that look.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Maybe it's because your friend has developed some Fi. However, I have noticed that both the ENTJ 8's and the ISTP 8's do this. And yes, I know the look that you are talking about when you say that they give you a look that says, "What are you stupid"? I want to punch them in the fucking mouth when they give me that look.
    Maybe you should just punch them in the fucking mouth and yell, "I'M NOT STUPID!!"

But again, how many 8s we talking about?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Maybe it's because your friend has developed some Fi. However, I have noticed that both the ENTJ 8's and the ISTP 8's do this.
    I think it's for a few reasons
    - he's Sensing last and sucks at most physical tasks more than I do
    - if doesn't get the concept behind something, he can't even do it, so he's a lot more sympathetic when other people can't do something
    - he's 8w7 (with a very strong wing), so he's more conversational than most 8s

And yes, I know the look that you are talking about when you say that they give you a look that says, "What are you stupid"? I want to punch them in the fucking mouth when they give me that look.
    I know the feeling, like "get the fuck out ma face bitch !"
    (^I wish there was was an anger emoticon was less like a neurotic cp6 women lol)
    @Sanjuro
    I think his comment mostly applies to ST 8s (which, admittedly, is most of them)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It really depends on the subject matter. In general I have little patience, and if the tone is at all interrogating then I shut down. And there are many subjects that are so subjective with so little room for compromise, that I'm not at all interested with starting a shit storm over nothing when I or the other has strong personal opinions on the subject.

If you're asking me why I do this or that out of curiosity, that's one thing. If I get the sense you're asking those questions to guide an idea of yours into a specific direction, it's a totally different tone despite the questions being the same.

And I do try to avoid looking at people like they're stupid. But it's really hard sometimes.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    And I do try to avoid looking at people like they're stupid. But it's really hard sometimes.
    Lol
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Maybe you should just punch them in the fucking mouth and yell, "I'M NOT STUPID!!"

But again, how many 8s we talking about?
    lol, yeah I really wish I could punch those mother fuckers, but I can't.

@Elfboy

I think it's for a few reasons:

- he's Sensing last and sucks at most physical tasks more than I do
    - if doesn't get the concept behind something, he can't even do it, so he's a lot more sympathetic when other people can't do something
    - he's 8w7 (with a very strong wing), so he's more conversational than most 8s
    Yeah well whatever it is, at least he is sympathetic about it.

I know the feeling, like "get the fuck out ma face bitch !"
    (^I wish there was was an anger emoticon was less like a neurotic cp6 women lol)
    @Sanjuro
    I think his comment mostly applies to ST 8s (which, admittedly, is most of them)
    Yeah ST 8's are probably the most like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It really depends on the subject matter. In general I have little patience, and if the tone is at all interrogating then I shut down. And there are many subjects that are so subjective with so little room for compromise, that I'm not at all interested with starting a shit storm over nothing when I or the other has strong personal opinions on the subject.

If you're asking me why I do this or that out of curiosity, that's one thing. If I get the sense you're asking those questions to guide an idea of yours into a specific direction, it's a totally different tone despite the questions being the same.

So in other words, as long as they are not prying into you and trying to get into your head, questions are okay?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

So in other words, as long as they are not prying into you and trying to get into your head, questions are okay?
    Yes. Pry and we're done.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.