User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 99

  1. #31
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @ceecee

    If you have an agenda, are trying to pump me for information about myself or other people, or generally being a repetitive pain, we're done.
    This is another thing that angers 8's that I do. I often ask 8's to repeat themselves for clarity. It seems that 8's absolutely hate to repeat themselves. Why is that?

    I would wonder why you aren't actually doing it. I don't have an issue with wanting clarification on something but you can't stand still and just ask questions. My thought would be that you don't want to and/or don't plan to do anything.
    This raises another point. Being ENTP and a core head center type, I really am not that action oriented. I will eventually take action, but I want to just sit and talk about how something is going to be done and understand all of the mechanics behind how the task will be performed before I actually perform it. This drives 8's nuts, because it seems that they want to give someone a very brief preview over how something will be done, and then they just expect that person to jump into action. This is not how I function at all, and it makes most type 8's livid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Watching 6s and 8s in action in a work/business kind of environment the thing that tends to stand out most is 6s typically need to cover all bases and be sure within themselves that something is the best move which can make them resistant to change except on their own schedule and can be slow to accepting anothers directions as they want to make up their own mind, they can also often (especially if phobic) suggest they're 'sorry for asking' as they're asking.

    8s will jump in quick, they'll see that the answer is 'obviously X' so make the required changes and explaining the why to appease someone else's doubt is pulling them back from moving into action, they'll do it if there is a need but repeating over and over again is wasting their time, efficiency and action matters, they also appreciate bluntness, not trepidation when asking something, so with the two different approaches frustration often ensures, which is shown by the 8 as impatience.

    The best approach with 8s is: Be direct. If you've asked them once, and don't get it, ask someone else to explain in a different manner, if you cannot do that it is better to annoy them for clarification then do it wrong (just don't apologise over and over while you're asking), both approaches can be unappreciated but the latter is much worse.

    Plus what Jock said.
    1) Yes, I couldn't have put it better myself.

    2) My problem is that I have an 8w9 co-worker and he wants you to get things lightning fast with very little clarification. Plus, he does a shitty job of explaining things in the first place. When I ask for clarification he gets furious and laughs at me like I'm some type of dumbass for not just getting it, right off the bat. This makes me want to punch him in the face. Anyway, so it's a tough situation because my co-worker is the only other person that works with me at night because I work the night shift and it's dead. So all I have is him to rely on. I guess what I will have to (like you said) annoy the hell out of my co-worker and bombard him with questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    My ex / love of my life is an 8w7 Sx/Sp ESFP .. I can ask him anything I want, but I would not recommend anyone else asking him something about me, ie "She's hot, is she taken?" - I would fear for their safety.

    I am not suggesting all SX 8w7s are like this. He's over the top. I love him for it, but I also recognize that I've never met anyone else quite like him….

    Outside of situations involving me & other guys, I've never seen him attack someone over something minor. He's pretty open & willing to help people & answer questions, though he will push them harder than most.

    My 8w9 Sp life-long friend/ "soul brother" lets me pick his brain. He's quite reasonable. But if he doesn't know someone well, his answers will not be more than two or three words, and usually won't reveal anything about himself.
    The Sp 8's are really my favorites because they are the easiest to deal with IMO. I generally despise the SX dom 8's the most because they are almost like savage beasts. They are so gut center that they almost seem more like animals than humans, i.e., Kratos from "God of War", Drogo from "Game of Thrones", Wolverine from "X-Men", etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Even then. It's mostly if I feel questions are stupid or investigative in nature. Curiosity is fine. Asking me what my views are politically on abortion and I'll usually shut down because no one wins that conversation, and usually people are trying to get a rise or start a fire with those sort of things.

    And there are some things that are stupid/ common sense seeming to me. It irritates me when people ask things like, "what's wrong? " after an incident that is clearly easy to identify the root of my anger if they truly wanted to play detective and find out.
    Another thing I hate about 8's: if they think that something is common sense to them or if they personally think that the question is stupid, they often won't answer it. It seems like it's like pulling an arm and a leg to get 8's to empathize with you, come down to your level, and realize that not everyone may have their level of understanding on a subject.

  2. #32
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    This is another thing that angers 8's that I do. I often ask 8's to repeat themselves for clarity. It seems that 8's absolutely hate to repeat themselves. Why is that?
    Usually I get angry about that because whatever I just said probably took a lot of effort to say in the first place. I don't mind repeating myself when someone didn't hear me.. but when they did? and I just told them something pretty personal and shared something vulnerable only to get back "wait, what?" as if they weren't paying attention in the first place? Immediately annoying. Instead of saying "Wait, repeat that again?" it's much, much better to ask, "I understood you saying you x, but not y. Is that right? Why?"

    Another thing I hate about 8's: if they think that something is common sense to them or if they personally think that the question is stupid, they often won't answer it. It seems like it's like pulling an arm and a leg to get 8's to empathize with you, come down to your level, and realize that not everyone may have their level of understanding on a subject.
    It is rather annoying, and I'm entirely guilty of it. If a date pisses me off, I assume he knows WHY I'm mad. Typically he doesn't though. But to me it's really obvious--even if you DIDN'T know, just think back to when my mood changed.. what did you say/do right before then? What happened then? It's a better clue to say, "Why did me saying you're thin piss you off?" than "What did I do?! I didn't do ANYTHING!"
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  3. #33
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Even then. It's mostly if I feel questions are stupid or investigative in nature. Curiosity is fine. Asking me what my views are politically on abortion and I'll usually shut down because no one wins that conversation, and usually people are trying to get a rise or start a fire with those sort of things.

    And there are some things that are stupid/ common sense seeming to me. It irritates me when people ask things like, "what's wrong? " after an incident that is clearly easy to identify the root of my anger if they truly wanted to play detective and find out.
    Yes...this. For me, these indirect, proby-poky, 'feel you out' questions are the worst. I hate sneakiness.

    And what @andante said...it's just none of your business...that is all. No more, no less.

  4. #34
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    I'll answer a question and help you get the concept the first time.

    From there you either get it or you don't.

  5. #35
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @ceecee
    This is another thing that angers 8's that I do. I often ask 8's to repeat themselves for clarity. It seems that 8's absolutely hate to repeat themselves. Why is that?
    Well let me ask you this. If you had to explain a task that someone did every day, same time, same way and still asked for clarification, where would you draw the line and say - you can't learn this and I can't explain it any more clearly? Maybe it wouldn't have to be repeated if that person seeking clarification learned it another way, for instance. Why is your learning placed on us? That's probably what is so angering for 8's, although I can't say for sure for every 8.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  6. #36
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Yes...this. For me, these indirect, proby-poky, 'feel you out' questions are the worst. I hate sneakiness.
    Exactly. Just ask me. (For example.) Don't poke around seeing if I like softball, or if I usually wear cargo shorts, or if I know how to put on make-up. Ask me if I'm gay, because that's what you're getting at.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  7. #37
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    The Sp 8's are really my favorites because they are the easiest to deal with IMO. I generally despise the SX dom 8's the most because they are almost like savage beasts. They are so gut center that they almost seem more like animals than humans, i.e., Kratos from "God of War", Drogo from "Game of Thrones", Wolverine from "X-Men", etc.
    Haha!

    Yeah, for years I've been saying that my ex is the real Animal. I'm just a poser.

    I didn't name myself Animal because of him. It's because of my keen senses, instincts and my own reasons. But I just find it funny in comparison to him because he really is a savage beast. I FUCKING LOVE IT.

    I fully, whole-heartedly agree with this description. I only differ in the sense that..ugh.. it turns me on.. <3
    Or at least, my ex turns me on.
    I love that man so hard.


    Admittedly my Sp-8 friend is very easy to deal with in comparison.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  8. #38
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm not sure. I feel I lean more towards 8w9 but I have gotten 8w7 on past tests too.
    Ah ok. Not claiming to know you better than you know yourself =) but based on some posts in this thread I felt an 8w9 vibe, so I was just curious if I was right.

    I share your conundrum though. It took me forever to figure out my wing.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  9. #39
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Ah ok. Not claiming to know you better than you know yourself =) but based on some posts in this thread I felt an 8w9 vibe, so I was just curious if I was right.

    I share your conundrum though. It took me forever to figure out my wing.
    8w9 feels right but I often wonder if that's just age and maturity talking or what I really am. Dunno. I'm sure I'm sp, probably sp/sx so I'm sure that's all playing a role too. I'll figure it out sometime.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  10. #40
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    You have a point. I just assumed it was because you felt threatened. I thought that this was the nature of the beast.
    Look at it from my perspective. If I give you a direct response like 'it's none of your business', this means, it's none of your business and if you can't grasp as simple a concept as this, why would I waste anymore time explaining the same concept to you, over and over again when the language used wasn't in the least ambiguous?

    So if an 8 says 'hi', do you wonder if they want to kill you and insist that's the case since that's the nature of the beast?

Similar Threads

  1. Why do most people believe you can't change your type?
    By Zeego in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-08-2016, 08:49 AM
  2. If enneagrams work using wing types, why can't mbti?
    By Kensei in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-27-2015, 01:15 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 09:23 PM
  4. why can't you buy just one carrot?
    By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 11:26 AM
  5. [E6] Enneagram 6s, why don't I like you as much as I should?
    By Asterion in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO