User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yes. Pry and we're done.
    Why does this bother you? Is it because you think that we are trying to scan you for your weaknesses?

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Why does this bother you? Is it because you think that we are trying to scan you for your weaknesses?
    Or it's none of your business?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

8s don't really suffer fools.

Bad luck for you, Great One.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Or it's none of your business?
    See I think that this is the impression that 8's get from me: That I am trying to get into their heads, scan for their weaknesses, or pry into their business. However, this is not the case. What I am attempting to do by asking these questions is to just shoot the shit with them, try to be friendly with them, and try to understand who they are. I don't understand why 8's view this as such a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    8s don't really suffer fools.

Bad luck for you, Great One.
    Well many times I ask questions in order to just understand how to thoroughly perform a task, or in order to completely grasp a subject. As a core 6, I constantly think that I am going to fuck things up, and I ask questions in order to avoid messing things up. After all, the more you know about how to do a task , the less chance you have of making an error. However, I guess 8's think that this is showing a sign of weakness by questioning yourself and your abilities in the first place. Also, I guess 8's are so gut center that they don't understand why I think about how to do something so much, and why I am not actually doing it.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

People like you have described aren't worth my time. I write them off and ignore their existence when I am able to. If someone is going to be an egotistical jerk, then deserve no kindness from me.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    See I think that this is the impression that 8's get from me: That I am trying to get into their heads, scan for their weaknesses, or pry into their business. However, this is not the case. What I am attempting to do by asking these questions is to just shoot the shit with them, try to be friendly with them, and try to understand who they are. I don't understand why 8's view this as such a threat.
    Notice how you interpreted my response? As if 8s are threatened? Is it in the least bit possible that it's not because of threat but because it's really none of your business?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It really depends on the subject matter. In general I have little patience, and if the tone is at all interrogating then I shut down. And there are many subjects that are so subjective with so little room for compromise, that I'm not at all interested with starting a shit storm over nothing when I or the other has strong personal opinions on the subject.
    If you're asking me why I do this or that out of curiosity, that's one thing. If I get the sense you're asking those questions to guide an idea of yours into a specific direction, it's a totally different tone despite the questions being the same.
    And I do try to avoid looking at people like they're stupid. But it's really hard sometimes.
    not an 8, but I relate to all this (though I don't so much care about people being stupid as much as peeps being up in my grill). It's easy to tell when someone is trying to push an agenda or condescend, so I shut that shit down real quick (at which point, it's usually very easy and often requires no words at all. the longer you let people get away with bullshit like that, the harder you need to whip them).
    @andante @The Great One

LOL that was a classic 8/6 interaction
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp

I like to answer people and explain my reason to them though, maybe not for every time.
    I don't like guiding-mind question, too as what kyuuei has mentioned. It's may seen like good advice or persuasion, though I don't really like them anyway.

I'll let my guard down in group work or serious situation.
    But if it comes to my hobbies or my interests, better not step across my mind since I already have my own reason.
    ~A cat walk through the way~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that said, you have a point. that look 8s give that says "what are you stupid? you should know this!" really pisses me off
    Yeah, I had an ESTP 8 boss who was like this everytime I asked him to clarify something (and I really had to ask him because he was extremely picky about work being done exactly the way he wanted, and the way he wanted was fairly different from my natural style). Not to mention whenever anyone said something that went "over his head" - comment: "lol he's really stupid he can't even explain his ideas".

I understand it's often a matter of being time-sensitive when there's a lot of stuff to do, but then you're asking the people around you to be mind readers rather than hard workers.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp