User Tag List

First 8910

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    @infinite

a figurative hug. Hugs don't do me much good either because they don't solve the problem, which is that the 8 is surrounded by weakness and "why the fuck is everyone complaining and lying all the time."

I find it is comforting when I have someone who at least sees my problems and does his best to make herself match my standards. Granted, we're stepping into socionics discussion here. This might not be an 8 problem, just a typical estp "why is no one as good as me at anything?" kinda problem.
    Since when did ESTP care if people are as good as them?
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    Old news.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Old news. But if you want an article referring to what Im talking about check out the socionics erotic attitudes for SLE. "The conquerer is questing to find his equal."

If you ever read about napoleon you'll learn that he was outraged by the fact that everyone around him was so weak. But he is arguably SEE as well.

If you don't identify with any of this then you may have been raised in a family who loves you.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Old news. But if you want an article referring to what Im talking about check out the socionics erotic attitudes for SLE. "The conquerer is questing to find his equal."

If you ever read about napoleon you'll learn that he was outraged by the fact that everyone around him was so weak. But he is arguably SEE as well.

If you don't identify with any of this then you may have been raised in a family who loves you.
    OK come on man, stop with the Socionics/MBTI comparison. Two different systems and SLE does not = ESTP. SLE = SLE and ESTP = ESTP. If you want to talk Socionics then just talk about it without mixing in MBTI. I don't believe in typing historical people (unless for shits and giggles) because it is impossible to really know a person's personality from historical texts. So how about we stick to talking about real life theory. MBTI doesn't really get into health issues much not to mention that if the theory of being born with your type is true, lack of hugs won't change your type.

Back to Enneagram...

I actually like a hug from my SO. I am not saying it solves my problems, but it is comforting. I don't find I am constantly in a defensive posture with my SO, and I am certainly not competing or thinking they are weak. If I had my hackles raised all the time I wouldn't be with that person as it would be too draining.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

OK come on man, stop with the Socionics/MBTI comparison. Two different systems and SLE does not = ESTP. SLE = SLE and ESTP = ESTP. If you want to talk Socionics then just talk about it without mixing in MBTI. I don't believe in typing historical people (unless for shits and giggles) because it is impossible to really know a person's personality from historical texts. So how about we stick to talking about real life theory. MBTI doesn't really get into health issues much not to mention that if the theory of being born with your type is true, lack of hugs won't change your type.

Back to Enneagram...

I actually like a hug from my SO. I am not saying it solves my problems, but it is comforting. I don't find I am constantly in a defensive posture with my SO, and I am certainly not competing or thinking they are weak. If I had my hackles raised all the time I wouldn't be with that person as it would be too draining.
    hmm. Your opinion vs mine I guess.

I'm at the point where I can no longer say with conviction "8's do this" or "8's do that". With instinctual variants thrown into the mix a lot of things change from person to person. I am affected very much by my perception of humanity as a whole. If I were a different socionics type that would also play a huge role in differences.

If you are sx sp I would imagine you have little to no concern for other people's choices in comparison to myself.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

double post glitch

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I actually don't mind being asked questions, just as long as they're not overly intrusive. My family always gets mad at me for being "touchy" or "secretive" when in reality that's just none of their business. I would think I'm a lot more open towards friends and people that are coming to me in need of advice. I also just hate it when I feel like people are being snarky or condescending with a question, like they're asking me to prove I'm not an idiot.

But, yeah, I'm fine with questions!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so
    Socionics
    ILE

I've been married to an 8 for 15 years (together for 18 years). I've seen her act this way on occasion. In general terms, the greater the workload she is currently facing, the less tolerant she becomes of what she considers to be "extraneous," "irrelevant," and/or "an abuse of her productive time." It's usually best to leave her alone when she's in "work mode."

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by lil_Red View Post
    I also just hate it when I feel like people are being snarky or condescending with a question, like they're asking me to prove I'm not an idiot.
    Yeah. That's when I ask questions, whether to myself or to them. Someone wants me to 'prove myself'? Fine. What's their motivation? What are the stakes involved?

If it's an ego game, a pissing contest, then I can choose whether or not to bother to play. If they just want clarification, or if they want to give me some clarification, I'm usually down for that.

Also, intrusion is the worst.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics