• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] What's your favorite/least favorite subtype of each of the 9 types

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for me:

Sexual 1: less rules oriented; more JUSTICE oriented, 8-ish, but with stronger emphasis on values, heroic
Social 2: the least manipulative 2 with a stronger presence, more dignified
Sexual 3: more 7-ish, flirtier, less dry
Sexual 4: dramatic, feisty, less whiny than Social 4, less martyr-y than Self Preservation 4
Sexual 5: more romantic, more balanced, actually seem like they possess genitalia
Self Preservation 6: they're so cute and cuddly :blush: (Sexual 6 is overrated)
Self Preservation 7: ruthless, cunning, ambitious, more focused and disciplined than other 7s
Self Preservation 8: self controlled, sinister, combines the best of gut and head centers
Sexual 9: soothing, nurturing, dreamy

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
favorites:
1 sx
4 sx
5 sp
6 sx
7 so
9 sx

least favorites:
3 sx
4 so
5 so
8 sx
9 sp

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Jesus Christ. I have no idea. How do you people know this shit?

ETA: I'm just going with sexual for all the types

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sx-last always strike me as the most interesting and relatable, there's a sort of mystery... I think the idea of 4w5 sp/so, 4w3 so/sp, 5w4 sp/sx and 9w1 sp/so is very fascinating. Other than that I don't have much experience with people so I am not the one to foolishly judge by pseudoscience typology.

buddy2eyes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Self Preservation 7: ruthless, cunning, ambitious, more focused and disciplined than other 7s
Self Preservation 8: self controlled, sinister, combines the best of gut and head centers

This just make 7w8/8w7 sp combine seem related to the villain like... Joker from TDK? LOL!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Type 1:
favorite is SP- they seem more self-controlling than they are controlling of others
least favorite is SO- They seem most likely to control others and insist on the right way of doing things. Their 'activism' can be too much.

Type 2:
no preference

Type 3:
Favorite is SP- they seem the least stereotypical of the threes. Success is more about attaining security rather than trying to be top dog.
Least favorite is SO- They seem most hell-bent on success as defined in the conventional sense. Seem most inclined to give up their authenticity or manipulate others to climb up the ladder.

Type 4:
no preference

Type 5:
No preference. By definition, a 5 of any subtype is cool. :D

Type 6:
Favorite: Sexual because they seem the least stereotypical of the type 6, less phobic looking

Type 7:
Favorite: Social- they seem more reliable than the other subtypes but still fun loving

Type 8:
Favorite: Social- Seem less overtly aggressive, stand up for causes and peoples' rights
Least favorite: Self-pres- they are in it for themselves, they can get really angry if you cross their boundaries

Type 9:
No preference

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This just make 7w8/8w7 sp combine seem related to the villain like... Joker from TDK? LOL!
tumblr_ln57zqufsP1qh0epb.gif

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The Sexual instinct makes all the types much more interesting IMO, but especially the 1, 3, 4, 5, and 8.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I had to go by lame profile descriptions of each subtypes, I tend to have affinities for the following:

Admittedly, these are often the variations of each type I "most identify" with. So maybe this is just more narcissism. It's also based largely on what I read in Chestnut's Complete Enneagram, for reference.

I have some sort of inner reaction against the following:

This, of course, is all based on stereotypes, not any actual individuals who are far more complex than anything encapsulated in subtype descriptions.