Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    1)Yeah, I don't learn as I go at all. I want everything up front. I would rather discuss the theoretics of a situation in it's entirety before I begin something. I like to be able to see things in my head before I do them.

2)This is why I research the hell out of an instructor before I take them. If I am paying them to teach me something, I want to know that I will get along with them, and that there teaching style matches my learning style, before we begin.

My variants are very much at odds with one another inside of me.
    Welcome to my world lol.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I'm sorry.
    Thank you, though it has been 14 years. The first step-father I had after him was the worst man ever [he was strict JW and was more into torturing for fun than out of anger], my second step-father was a goofy guy who was nowhere near as bad as the first guy and also loved danger [he died, too...3 years ago] he was less intellectual than my dad, though, and now I am on number four. He is very angry and a somewhat strict southern baptist [this marriage got my mom shunned for 2 years, as JW's can only marry JW's. She completed the challenges to be unshunned, though.] I've been through a lot...

{The JW rules override the guy's rules, which is weird in what SHOULD be a patriarchy...}
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

3)On a side note, I finally found my core enneagram type
    Awesome!

It sounds like it fits you well. I didn't know what you explained about sp 6 and networks - interesting! - and now I know why you seemed to vibe a little social. It's also an interesting contrast with my soc/sx, in that I don't even consciously "build" networks so much as I feel like I "join" them or "engage" them, and I don't usually do it with a specific purpose in mind for that group (ie I don't have a very good idea of envisioning how the group can help me, besides the security of belonging) - rather I usually join because I want to contribute to the group's cause.

Like I mentioned my little brother is sp/sx as well, pretty sure, and I can sometimes see that sp-sx war taking place inside of him.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Thank you, though it has been 14 years. The first step-father I had after him was the worst man ever [he was strict JW and was more into torturing for fun than out of anger], my second step-father was a goofy guy who was nowhere near as bad as the first guy and also loved danger [he died, too...3 years ago] he was less intellectual than my dad, though, and now I am on number four. He is very angry and a somewhat strict southern baptist [this marriage got my mom shunned for 2 years, as JW's can only marry JW's. She completed the challenges to be unshunned, though.] I've been through a lot...

{The JW rules override the guy's rules, which is weird in what SHOULD be a patriarchy...}
    I'm sorry you've been subjected to so many crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Awesome!

It sounds like it fits you well. I didn't know what you explained about sp 6 and networks - interesting! - and now I know why you seemed to vibe a little social. It's also an interesting contrast with my soc/sx, in that I don't even consciously "build" networks so much as I feel like I "join" them or "engage" them, and I don't usually do it with a specific purpose in mind for that group (ie I don't have a very good idea of envisioning how the group can help me, besides the security of belonging) - rather I usually join because I want to contribute to the group's cause.

Like I mentioned my little brother is sp/sx as well, pretty sure, and I can sometimes see that sp-sx war taking place inside of him.
    Is following the rules very important to you? Supposedly social 6's are very big on following rules as well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I'm sorry you've been subjected to so many crazies.

Is following the rules very important to you? Supposedly social 6's are very big on following rules as well.
    I follow the rules so long as it doesn't grossly undermine my values. I also don't network so much as obsessively try to get people to like me.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Nah. People write a lot of crap about Social 6s. I think it's more individualistic than just blind rule-following. I do think 6s tend to be a bit idealistic/perfectionistic, and with Socials that might come out in the way they operate in group situations/endeavors.

Personally, I'm pretty keen on making sure I know the rules and I stay pretty aware on whether I'm breaking them or not and whether others are breaking them or not, but it's just because I like to know what's going on in my surroundings and whether I'm liable to get in trouble or not. Paying attention to what others get away with helps me judge what I can get away with reasonably or not and helps me decide whether I think it's worth risking it. I am a stickler for rules that I think are important - like wash your hands after using the bathroom, and finish your entire pack of antibiotics - because they help keep people safe and healthy, but it's about the reason, not about the rule itself. Mostly I'm just picky about the public health stuff, personally. Whereas my retail workplace has a slew of picky small rules that I disregard constantly with private glee because I don't judge them to help anyone and they can often hinder us instead, and are devised by people who have no idea what sort of daily work we do or what the conditions are (I know this... it is not just cynical conjecture... I have met these people and talked to them about store operations...)

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan
    I also don't network so much as obsessively try to get people to like me.
    Hahahaha same!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Nah. People write a lot of crap about Social 6s. I think it's more individualistic than just blind rule-following. I do think 6s tend to be a bit idealistic/perfectionistic, and with Socials that might come out in the way they operate in group situations/endeavors.

Personally, I'm pretty keen on making sure I know the rules and I stay pretty aware on whether I'm breaking them or not and whether others are breaking them or not, but it's just because I like to know what's going on in my surroundings and whether I'm liable to get in trouble or not. Paying attention to what others get away with helps me judge what I can get away with reasonably or not and helps me decide whether I think it's worth risking it. I am a stickler for rules that I think are important - like wash your hands after using the bathroom, and finish your entire pack of antibiotics - because they help keep people safe and healthy, but it's about the reason, not about the rule itself. Mostly I'm just picky about the public health stuff, personally. Whereas my retail workplace has a slew of picky small rules that I disregard constantly with private glee because I don't judge them to help anyone and they can often hinder us instead, and are devised by people who have no idea what sort of daily work we do or what the conditions are (I know this... it is not just cynical conjecture... I have met these people and talked to them about store operations...)

Hahahaha same!!
    That is how I am with rules. I sometimes look ISTJ till I stub my toe and scream [I have an ingrown nail that keeps coming back, and the slightest pressure kills me.].
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Magic Qwan

I follow the rules so long as it doesn't grossly undermine my values. I also don't network so much as obsessively try to get people to like me.
    Yep, that's a classic self preservation 6 move: They try to get people to like them, try to create as non-hostile of an environment as they can, try to be warm and friendly to everyone, and they often times try to disarm people with humor. Another thing they often do is that they often make fun of themselves in order to make other people laugh.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@skylights

Personally I think that what it's more about for social 6's is finding some type of large group that will allow them to do good (super-ego) deeds. I believe that they look for some type of higher authority or group to allow them to achieve their humanitarian goals. For instance, I would think that most social 6's would look towards things like religion, charity groups, the peace corp, etc., in order to achieve their goals. I will admit that it's probably the so/sp 6's that tend to have the more blind obedience. You probably tend to break the rules a lot more because of your secondary sx variant which is much more counter-phobic.