User Tag List

Default How does a 5 integrate to 8

I've caught flashes of this state of being in the past, and it's when I've felt most centered and in control of my self and my environment. It's a place I want to be all the time. I can see it's effect on others as well. I become more aggressive, but not in a negative sense of the word. People tend to trust me and fall in line behind me. My previous insecurities fade and I am overwhelmed with self-confidence and mental strength. It comes and goes, but not as often as I'd like.

How do I get to this point? I want to be like this all the time. Is there some dietary secret? More vitamins? Regular meditation, more exercise?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It happens when you set the anxiety aside and trust your abilities - you may not have all the information needed, know it all just yet and be perfect at what you're about to do, but you're good enough to accomplish what you're setting out to do.

The moment you're ok with those butterflies in your stomach being there while trusting your abilities, the 8 will emerge.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Meditation & exercise will definitely help, but they won't do much good if you're just thinking all the time.

Notice how you are with people. Instead of contracting, expand. Fill up the room. Breathe in everyone around you.

Notice how people feel. Feel what they feel. Be receptive to it. Let it make you strong.

Breathe into your belly.

And stop thinking. It's about feeling it.
    Hello

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

wake up your body every day and fucking listen to it for once.

the bandhas in yoga and breathwork are also really good for helping empower you to check in and really see what is happening within yourself, especially in the lower chakras. improving your digestion is really helpful too, which often requires extra diligence in mindful eating.

notice tendencies involving possession as a hedge for feeling small and weak. to me, as a e5, i do work on the e5, e8, e2 triad in a kind of constant interplay. this is our object relations triad.

commit to doing conscious forgiveness work. this is what empowers us to realize we do this for ourselves, not because the other is intrinsically right. this empowers us to do it for the right reasons. and once we grow this way, we feel more magnanimous, we realize how to give to ourselves, and we realize how this empowers us to love and serve without feeling controlled but free out of our confidence and trust in our strength to make what we need to cover the cost of whatever is needed.

find something to enjoy with your body and use that as an anchor to help you stay in your body and get more fine gradations of sensory experience.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Meditation & exercise will definitely help, but they won't do much good if you're just thinking all the time.

Notice how you are with people. Instead of contracting, expand. Fill up the room. Breathe in everyone around you.

Notice how people feel. Feel what they feel. Be receptive to it. Let it make you strong.

Breathe into your belly.

And stop thinking. It's about feeling it.
    Easier said than done, but thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    wake up your body every day and fucking listen to it for once.

the bandhas in yoga and breathwork are also really good for helping empower you to check in and really see what is happening within yourself, especially in the lower chakras. improving your digestion is really helpful too, which often requires extra diligence in mindful eating.

notice tendencies involving possession as a hedge for feeling small and weak. to me, as a e5, i do work on the e5, e8, e2 triad in a kind of constant interplay. this is our object relations triad.

commit to doing conscious forgiveness work. this is what empowers us to realize we do this for ourselves, not because the other is intrinsically right. this empowers us to do it for the right reasons. and once we grow this way, we feel more magnanimous, we realize how to give to ourselves, and we realize how this empowers us to love and serve without feeling controlled but free out of our confidence and trust in our strength to make what we need to cover the cost of whatever is needed.

find something to enjoy with your body and use that as an anchor to help you stay in your body and get more fine gradations of sensory experience.
    appreciate the link