User Tag List

123 Last

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Default 5w6 vs 5w4: Differences?

Enneagram experts of typoC, what are the differences between 5s with 4 wings and 5s with 6 wings? In a nutshell...

WhoCares

oh, asking for a expert. Okay I'll refrain from defiling this thread with my own thoughts then. Might lurk though and see what the experts think.

The difference is like the difference between humanities(5w4) and hard sciences(5w6).
    Likes TheCheeseBurgerKing liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    oh, asking for a expert. Okay I'll refrain from defiling this thread with my own thoughts then. Might lurk though and see what the experts think.
    I was half-joking. I should have put experts in quotation marks. Please, I'd like to read what you have to say. All opinions are welcome, expert and novice.

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    The difference is like the difference between humanities(5w4) and hard sciences(5w6).
    Would you mind elaborating a bit? I've read similar statements to this effect.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    But what if you like both???

Socionics
    ILI

Well, for starters, the 5w4 is an internally conflicted type while the 5w6 is an unconflicted type.

The 5w4 is the Five that has strong bursts of emotions but doesn't know how to contain them or suppress them well. The 5 attempts to remain clear-headed and objective and thus begins trying to fight the emotions surfacing to remain objective.

The 5w6 isn't conflicted, and the Type 6 compliments the Type 5 due to its head type nature, but it does increase the amount of overall paranoia the 5 experiences.

But then add fixes and instinctual variants and the whole system fucks itself over.

Is one a 5 with a 4 wing or a 4 fix? Is it an sx 5w4 and thus better apt at emotions?

Quote Originally Posted by fghw View Post
    But what if you like both???
    That's my quandary.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Well, for starters, the 5w4 is an internally conflicted type while the 5w6 is an unconflicted type.

The 5w4 is the Five that has strong bursts of emotions but doesn't know how to contain them or suppress them well. The 5 attempts to remain clear-headed and objective and thus begins trying to fight the emotions surfacing to remain objective.

The 5w6 isn't conflicted, and the Type 6 compliments the Type 5 due to its head type nature, but it does increase the amount of overall paranoia the 5 experiences.
    So, essentially, the 5, primarily a thinking type, is plagued or conflicted by "touchy feelie" heart bullshit if they have a 4 wing, due to 4 primarily being a feeling type? Is it safe to to say that 5w4 is one of the most conflicted types in the enneagram?

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    So, essentially, the 5, primarily a thinking type, is plagued or conflicted by "touchy feelie" heart bullshit if they have a 4 wing, due to 4 primarily being a feeling type? Is it safe to to say that 5w4 is one of the most conflicted types in the enneagram?
    Yeah. 4 also adds more creativity and originality which the 5 can harvest, but the emotionalism is put down like a rabid dog in the 5 until it surfaces again and stronger.