User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    a healthy normative capacity for self questioning? growing as a person IN PUBLIC? shame on you!
    I feeeeeel the shame.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Thanks, I've already seen those charts...

An ExxP type would either be a Se or Ne-dom.. So it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume that an enneagram 1, being inversely related with enneagram 7s, hence ExxPs, would probably be an Si or Ni-dom...? So an IxxJ basically?
    Fun fact - in socionics it's the Ji-doms that are typically Ij's and enneagram 1's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    1 and 7 are not inverses of each other on enneagram. The concept of inverse doesn't really exist within enneagram. 1's integrate to 7, and 7 dissentegrates to 1, so that's how they are connected. If they were inverses, then we'd expect all enneagram links to be inverses of some kind, and that's not how it is. I think it's meerly incidental that there is a connection between EP's and IJ's with 7's and 1's respectively.
    I recall that Naranjo does describe 8 vs 4 and 7 vs 2 as inverses.

As for connection/correlation between EPs and 7's, why do you think it's "merely incidental"? How can a strong correlation be just that? I am not saying there's a real explanation for it so far but I think it does need one beyond dismissing it as incidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastarr View Post
    Enneagram 8
    Strengths: Leader, Reliable, Dependable
    Weakest: Fair, Resilient, Just
    Why do you think enneagram 8 isn't resilient?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    If you really truly don't see a difference between those two things from the public data available on this site (eg, my comments and threads started, yeghor's comments and threads started), nothing I say will make a difference. I don't know if you actually don't see a difference, or if you're just using the words to try to make an argument because you don't like how I'm participating. I know it's probably important to find ways to dismiss what I'm saying about this site. I've even given some obvious excuses/reasons for you and others to do that, given how flat-out appalled and disgusted I am by this site and what passes for normal interaction in this place.

IMO in the end, actual reality isn't a word game that goes to whoever argues it best, one way or another. It's just reality.

That said, things will resonate differently for different people. If this site actually feels good and right and well to you as a place to interact with others, you and I are positioned very differently in the larger landscape. To me this site feels like a low-security mental ward where "normal" and "appropriate" interaction is implicitly collectively defined and practiced by the people in the ward in ways that honor and promote psychological dysfunction. As I see it, in this cultural context, people regularly support and even encourage each other's sicknesses and encourage and feed each others' psychological dramas and dysfunctions.
    I don't know you at all but I think the fact you're upset about a perfectly average website so much that you associate it with mental wards, says more about you yourself than about anything else.

What are you even trying to achieve with spewing your negative opinions about this site? HELLO?

If you want love without conflict, goto your SO.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    I recall that Naranjo does describe 8 vs 4 and 7 vs 2 as inverses.

As for connection/correlation between EPs and 7's, why do you think it's "merely incidental"? How can a strong correlation be just that? I am not saying there's a real explanation for it so far but I think it does need one beyond dismissing it as incidental.
    First I have heard of it, I can kind of see how 8 vs. 4 and 7 vs. 2 would be inverse, but not completely.

I say it's incidental because enneagram and MBTI evolved as two independent theories. It's sort of a coincidence that 7's relate to EP's and 1's relate to J's. If you look at look descriptions of each of those, it's easy to see why there are overlaps, there are similarities between them. Neither theory was evolved or designed though to have them interconnect, which is why I say it's incidental. It's interesting that there is interplay, and it can be useful in some cases on drawing patters between types and what not.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    Fun fact - in socionics it's the Ji-doms that are typically Ij's and enneagram 1's.
    So does that support the notion that enneagram 1s are probably IxxJs (or Ixxjs) or not? The socionics function order is different than MBTI function order, so what's difference between a Ji-dom in MBTI and socionics?

I believe IxxJ in MBTI = Ixxj in socionics... so I am not concerned that much with function order differences in both systems...

What's the source of that information that Ixxjs in socionics are enneagram 1s...?