User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    1. I myself strongly encourage anyone seeking to understand this specific thread to place it in the larger context of yeghor's overall participation on this site. To my eyes, there's a rather clear pattern with multiple variations - all centering around the same basic goal: for yeghor to to "confirm" his various self-referential thought and belief structures by any means necessary and using various strategies to reject external realities that don't fit. My own time/energy/interest is limited, so I'll leave it to others to investigate and better articulate this bigger picture, if anyone is so inclined.

eta2:

Wow. You folks are just freaking addicted to negative drama, aren't you?

I've now deleted the part of my comment that kicked off the ongoing drama below, since apparently striking it out as I did last night (trying to be polite and leave what people responded to) didn't make a dent.

What a cesspool of dysfunction this site is.

----------------------------------------
    retaining this part:

I'm not sure if looking at it from that perspective would increase collective clarity or not. If not, please ignore this part as not useful.

------------------------------------------

and this comment from the edit last night:

eta1: *shrug* I guess the whole "here's one possible angle of vision on the situation, please ignore if it doesn't assist collective clarity" approach just isn't how things roll on this site and there simply has to be a discussion. Hopefully the three comments below are sufficient to put the crossed-out perspective aside as not useful for clarity and the discussion can move on. Good luck, everyone.
    I think Yeghor fits the posting and cognitive pattern of an INFJ quite well. Just because he paints an unflattering picture doesn't mean he's not the right type.

Also, don't be so sensitive.

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
    Also, don't be so sensitive.
    I do understand that people who are into this site don't feel the dysfunctional cesspool nature of it because that's normal here. People who like the site probably don't notice it and/or aren't bothered by it due to experiencing it as normal and unremarkable. But from the POV of someone like me who is used to using type/function information to achieve ongoing positive results in mutual understanding and communication in a real life romantic relationship and various other personal connections/dialogues with my friends, this site is just chock-full of dysfunction.

It's like walking into a polluted-to-the-point-of-toxicity environment as someone accustomed to breathing non-toxic air as a default. People here may not actually realize how sick this place is because for whatever specific reasons, it's normal to you to have type/function talk linked to the toxicity and drama and psychological unhealthiness that characterizes so much of the type and function talk on this site. But it's not normal to me given how I use it in my real life - so yeah, from the vantage point of this site and what is normal for it, I am functionally very sensitive to it, for sure.

Given the practical and positive uses of type/function concepts in my real life, I myself strongly prefer where I'm coming from over what's normal on this site. I love being able to use typology to help me more clearly understand and communicate with people I care about and interact with in my actual life. It's a wonderful, eminently practical tool for use in that context. And I'm fine being sensitive to the kind of toxicity that permeates this site as a side effect of what's normal for me given my useful practical real life experience base.

By the way - in case it's not clear, it's 100% fine with me that my weird idea about yeghor's type is incorrect. It wasn't about flattering/unflattering, I know people here play those games all the time but for me it was neutral. I'm in love with an INFP and we simply don't compete for "good identity" based on type or functions the way people do on this site - so that kind of bullshit is pretty foreign to me despite its prevalence on this site. What I wrote was just a different possible angle of vision for me that caught my interest as a possible tool for clarity - particularly, the shift of perspective that came with the thought that perhaps there were subtlely present but strong underlying values rather than simply crappy attempts at logic as part of what's going on here. It's really fine with me that that isn't useful.

However. What I don't like is the fact that this then becomes a topic unto itself when what it was meant for was a practical-minded "Hey, does this angle of vision assist collective clarity? If not please ignore!" Just a sort of: "Does this work to increase our collective understanding? No? Okay great, let's move on to what does work!" But that approach simply doesn't work in this environment.

===================

eta: As I think more about it and compare it to my real life, practical and useful interactions with my INFP partner: This whole "competing for goodness based on type identity" drama on this site is truly ridiculous to me.

Given how I use the concepts and language in practical ways in my life, it seems blindlingly obvious to me that cognitive processes are only one part of any given person's makeup. My sense of yeghor is of pretty substantial psychological unhealthiness. While such psychological unhealthiness often tends to express itself through the information processing apparatus of cognitive funtions, IMO it is not sourced there for anyone - it's sourced in other layers of psychological damage and dysfunction.

All of which to say: the whole type-identity drama that's so common here is so completely pointless in my view that even knowing it's the norm here doesn't help me really get my head around it.

But as I see it: Of course there's no need for me to associate myself with yeghor's unhealthiness if our MBTI type is the same. I don't feel like he needs to be another type for me to feel okay about my own information processing apparatus. That's truly ridiculous to me. In my lived experience over time, my partner (INFP) and I (INFJ) both vary in the level of psychological wellness that can be communicated in part "through" our respective cognitive processes. It's not better or worse to be INFJ or INFP, it's just different and we use the language and concepts to understand and move well given those differences. That's all.

The identity-based drama and dysfunction around type/cognitive function discussions, related to some sort of weird competition to locate specific types as good or bad or whatever - seriously, it's ridiculous to me. Such a waste of time, energy and attention, in my view. IMO the language and concepts are so much more useful when not mired in this crap. But this crap is where the energy and focus and attention inevitably goes in discussions on this site.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I do understand that people who are into this site don't feel the dysfunctional cesspool nature of it because that's normal here. People who like the site probably don't notice it and/or aren't bothered by it due to experiencing it as normal and unremarkable. But from the POV of someone like me who is used to using type/function information to achieve ongoing positive results in mutual understanding and communication in a real life romantic relationship and various other personal connections/dialogues with my friends, this site is just chock-full of dysfunction.
    So why stay? Go find a site that's more to your liking. It's just an internet site. Why make it your mission to fix it?
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Can't we just do Yeghor's exercise according to Yeghor's instructions, and leave it at that?

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    So why stay? Go find a site that's more to your liking. It's just an internet site. Why make it your mission to fix it?
    yeah, good question. Best answer is: I've learned to follow my gut instincts when it comes to this kind of thing as I've found that over time there's generally a method to my madness in situations like this even though it seems like "why the hell do such a thing?" I'm reasonably sure that it's not about fixing this site, though. I truly don't think this site can be fixed. I think it's way too far gone for that. I hope things get better for you, by the way. I've heard that you were really different in earlier times and it's too bad things had changed by the time I came to this site.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm E4, I picked Intelligent, Persevering, Encouraging to describe myself. They don't really match up with your e4 words.

I attribute Perseverance to my enneatype, given my stacking, e4 sp/sx, sometimes referred to as the 'Dauntless' type.
    My momma gave me my brain.
    And Encouraging came from the ENFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

yeah, good question. Best answer is: I've learned to follow my gut instincts when it comes to this kind of thing as I've found that over time there's generally a method to my madness in situations like this even though it seems like "why the hell do such a thing?" I'm reasonably sure that it's not about fixing this site, though. I truly don't think this site can be fixed. I think it's way too far gone for that. I hope things get better for you, by the way. I've heard that you were really different in earlier times and it's too bad things had changed by the time I came to this site.
    Aw, thanks so much for your sympathy for poor, different-from-earlier-times me. I'm just one of the many dysfunctional people on this site that needs to be pitied and enlightened to my dysfunctional state of mind. As I understand it, I've been brain-washed, manipulated, and mislead into self-flagellation and no longer have a mind of my own. Maybe it would be kindest to just let me wallow in my self-delusional little world along with the rest of those suffering some sort of mental illness.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Default Results

RESULTS of THE SURVEY:

ENNEAGRAM 1 - 5

Default Results II

RESULTS of THE SURVEY:

ENNEAGRAM 6-9

Type 7 lacking in = Dutifulness Responsibleness and Self-discipline

Type 1 strong in = Conscientousness, Dutifulness, Meticulousness (Responsibleness?) and Self-discipline and Self-criticalness

So is type 1 the opposite of type 7?

What MBTI types are commonly correlated with enneagram 7? What does that tell us?