User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    What is the purpose of that kind of restriction?

Actually, more than that, what is the purpose if this exercise if all you want people to do is pick out words from a description you've selected and tell you what relates, it removes any intellectual debate or depth of understanding and seeks only to provide confirmation of the limited scope presented.
    I agree about not understanding the need to adhere to the provided descriptions (instead of our actual perception of the type). It seems an attempt to control our understandings of each type to make them what @yeghor would like them to be. In truth that's kind of impossible, as is changing my perception of each type to fit these tiny paragraph descriptions.

Enneagram 1
    Strongest: meticulous, just, persistent
    Weakest: tolerant, sensitive, imaginative

Enneagram 2
    Strongest: encouraging, hospitable, joyful
    Weakest: impartial, honest, self-disciplined

Enneagram 3
    Strongest: charming, persuasive, sociable
    Weakest: honest, self-critical, just

Enneagram 4
    Strongest: imaginative, honest, sensitive
    Weakest: enterprising, enthusiastic, helpful

Enneagram 5
    Strongest: intelligent, precise, independent
    Weakest: sociable, friendly, obedient

Enneagram 6
    Strongest: loyal, friendly, valiant
    Weakest: fearless, optimistic, trusting

Enneagram 7
    Strongest: adventurous, enthusiastic, humorous
    Weakest: dutiful, respectful, sensitive

Enneagram 8
    Strengths: fearless, valiant, independent
    Weakest: obedient, patient, cultured

Enneagram 9
    Strengths: humble, trusting, patient
    Weakest: adventurous, meticulous, persuasive
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    I agree about not understanding the need to adhere to the provided descriptions (instead of our actual perception of the type). It seems an attempt to control our understandings of each type to make them what @yeghor would like them to be. In truth that's kind of impossible, as is changing my perception of each type to fit these tiny paragraph descriptions.

Enneagram 1
    Strongest: meticulous, just, persistent
    Weakest: tolerant, sensitive, imaginative

Enneagram 2
    Strongest: encouraging, hospitable, joyful
    Weakest: impartial, honest, self-disciplined

Enneagram 3
    Strongest: charming, persuasive, sociable
    Weakest: honest, self-critical, just

Enneagram 4
    Strongest: imaginative, honest, sensitive
    Weakest: enterprising, enthusiastic, helpful

Enneagram 5
    Strongest: intelligent, precise, independent
    Weakest: sociable, friendly, obedient

Enneagram 6
    Strongest: loyal, friendly, valiant
    Weakest: fearless, optimistic, trusting

Enneagram 7
    Strongest: adventurous, enthusiastic, humorous
    Weakest: dutiful, respectful, sensitive

Enneagram 8
    Strengths: fearless, valiant, independent
    Weakest: obedient, patient, cultured

Enneagram 9
    Strengths: humble, trusting, patient
    Weakest: adventurous, meticulous, persuasive
    I am referencing external material and you still assert that I want the descriptions to fit my own understanding (Ti) of them? ...

this is exactly the reason I am referencing external Te material...so that people will not pin this on my understanding of the types...

Damned if I do damned if I don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    "Makes stupid people cry. Evil laughs. Get's on with it."

(he wants us to select words for each of the types).
    He wants us to select words from his list of other types, to supplement our type, hence creating commonalities between types. Funny thing was that the words that agreed belonged to my tritype, so I couldn't ignore the pattern. This then begs the question of what will be accomplished, with the muddying of types. Or perhaps this thread is an exercise in proving the Forer Effect? Don't know.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I am referencing external material and you still assert that I want the descriptions to fit my own understanding (Ti) of them? ...

this is exactly the reason I am referencing external Te material...so that people will not pin this on my understanding of the types...

As three people have already noted, and I noticed from the get-go, it's your attempt to limit what sources people use that is so questionable, suspicious, and obnoxious. @Werebudgie hit the nail on the head. And @Kasper and @small.wonder pointed to the same issue.

I actually find the results, thus far, to be somewhat interesting, tho.

Even with your attempt to control the inputs, I don't think you're finding much success with doing so.

If you didn't try to keep such a tight control of the inputs, tho, your motives would be much less questionable/suspicious.

As it stands, while, interestingly, you have not yet done this (and, frankly, I think it's in part because the evidence makes it difficult to do so without looking foolish), I question when this will all turn into you trying to force these results to fit into your narrow, internally-derived NiTi framework.

If you don't go this route, I will actually be impressed.

(Granted, what would really be impressive is not simply not going the wrong route, but actually going the right one [I.e., doing as Socrates said and following the evidence, as opposed to trying to distort the evidence to fit your already-existent conception].)

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

You chose the descriptions in the OP and asked us to base our word selection on them (the material you selected) alone, instead of our own perceptions of the types. To me that disclaimer says, "do not answer based on what you know, but on what I have provided you." If you hadn't made a disclaimer, I'd probably thought nothing of it. What is the point of telling us not to base our selections off of our own experience, study of the Enneagram and knowledge of the types (which are from a variety of sources and descriptions)?

And I second everything @Zarathustra said, let the authentic results rule.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    He wants us to select words from his list of other types, to supplement our type, hence creating commonalities between types. Funny thing was that the words that agreed belonged to my tritype, so I couldn't ignore the pattern. This then begs the question of what will be accomplished, with the muddying of types. Or perhaps this thread is an exercise in proving the Forer Effect? Don't know.
    No the list is random... it's limited because a longer list would take too much time to prepare as well as to go over...

It's time consuming to respond to even as it is...as evident by the number of responses...

You chose the descriptions in the OP and asked us to base our word selection on them (the material you selected) alone, instead of our own perceptions of the types. To me that disclaimer says, "do not answer based on what you know, but on what I have provided you." If you hadn't made a disclaimer, I'd probably thought nothing of it. What is the point of telling us not to base our selections off of our own experience, study of the Enneagram and knowledge of the types (which are from a variety of sources and descriptions)?

To hopefully remove personal bias...

Do you object to type descriptions that the enneagram system relies on? Why? I didn't write them...

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

To hopefully remove personal bias...
    Yes, removing ours while yours remains intact. The entire point of this thread is asking for the opinions (Te, this includes personal bias) of other humans, otherwise you would only be relying on your own point of view (Ti).

I know almost nothing about functions, but I do recognize a double standard when I see one. You are asking for our opinions yet trying to remove our personal bias.

Yes, removing ours while yours remains intact. The entire point of this thread is asking for the opinions (Te, this includes personal bias) of other humans, otherwise you would only be relying on your own point of view (Ti).

I know almost nothing about functions, but I do recognize a double standard when I see one. You are asking for our opinions yet trying to remove our personal bias.
    How did I introduce my bias?