User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Actually we seem to be on the same page... Humans do make mistakes... If you don't want to be identified with and labeled by your type, simply remove your type info in your avatar...
    I highly doubt it, I'm not saying complexity is a mistake, or perhaps it is; the mistake of not being born a two dimensional piece of cardboard, easily and cleanly categorized. No, you missed the entire point; I am saying that I don't want to be limited to just my type. That, that's not the way things work. I am an ISFP but that is not all that I am, it would be stupid for me to think so. A type is a broad snapshot, a still-life painting, I do not always act like an ISFP, nor will I ever always act like an ISFP. Also, let me have a teenage girl moment here and say: don't ever tell me what to do again.

Socionics
    ILI

People are imposing it on themselves by their own choice...
    And they are wrong. It's built to help them understand how they work generally, not state who they are as a person. Structures should provide general information about specific subsets, such as the cognitive functions a person uses rather than idiosyncratic personality traits. Structures should provide the basic information, what makes something under a specific categorization.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    And they are wrong. It's built to help them understand how they work generally, not state who they are as a person. Structures should provide general information about specific subsets, such as the cognitive functions a person uses rather than idiosyncratic personality traits. Structures should provide the basic information, what makes something under a specific categorization.
    And used preferably for self-awareness purposes rather than self-gratification...

Socionics
    ILI

And used preferably for self-awareness purposes rather than self-gratification...
    Precisely.

However, the structure cannot rule the observable features in the environment, the observable features in the environment must rule the structure. Otherwise, we fall prey to the ideal rather than the real.

Precisely.

However, the structure cannot rule the observable features in the environment, the observable features in the environment must rule the structure. Otherwise, we fall prey to the ideal rather than the real.
    Yes, the system\model should not be static but dynamic...and it should be able to revise and update\upgrade itself...

Socionics
    ILI

Yes, the system\model should not be static but dynamic...and it should be able to revise and update\upgrade itself...
    No, the system should be enslaved to the data, and should be based generally to accommodate every point.

No, the system should be enslaved to the data, and should be based generally to accommodate every point.
    I think we are saying the same thing...perhaps I couldn't say it that well...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I think we are saying the same thing...perhaps I couldn't say it that well...
    Seeing this coming from the one who argued that INFJs have to be type 1 and 4/5/6 INFJs (which are much more common Enneagram types for INFJs statistically) are mistyped, I don't think you two are seeing eye-to-eye.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    I highly doubt it, I'm not saying complexity is a mistake, or perhaps it is; the mistake of not being born a two dimensional piece of cardboard, easily and cleanly categorized. No, you missed the entire point; I am saying that I don't want to be limited to just my type. That, that's not the way things work. I am an ISFP but that is not all that I am, it would be stupid for me to think so. A type is a broad snapshot, a still-life painting, I do not always act like an ISFP, nor will I ever always act like an ISFP. Also, let me have a teenage girl moment here and say: don't ever tell me what to do again.
    Calm down...

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Seeing this coming from the one who argued that INFJs have to be type 1 and 4/5/6 INFJs (which are much more common Enneagram types for INFJs, statistically) are mistyped, I don't think you two are seeing eye-to-eye.
    Ironically what we have here is the irrationality of rationality. @yeghor has consistently attempted to provide subjectively defined structure to explain things according to his/her mental framework rather than what is actually present in the environment. Therefore, it is not surprising that, when kicked into overdrive such as right now, there is a desire to make things perfectly clear-cut and ruthlessly blocked, eliminating the individualized generalizations for collectivist specifications (oh, the oxymorons, let them flow).