User Tag List

First 12

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Maybe you're 4w5/4w4/4w4! The all-consuming force!!
    Yep, that's pretty much it.

The Fauvres do say that 4s often have trouble finding their gut type due to the 1-connection and the personality being out of touch with the gut as a whole. But I agree, if you feel a strong connection to 7, might as well make it your head-fix. Ultimately, the issues you have are the issues you have, and everything else is just hair-splitting. The fixes won't matter as much for some people.
    Yeah, I agree. I think a strong case could be made for seven as my head fix (although I think it also can be explained by sp/sx four), but as far as the gut goes, it's like it doesn't even matter.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Maybe you're 4w5/4w4/4w4! The all-consuming fource!!
    I hate to be the spelling Nazi, but...
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    SX8 sx/sp

The wing types and lines of connection are essential as the enneagram is a dynamic trialectic system.

The only misinformation was that we move to the lines of connection in integration/disintegration or stress/security. The side note is that Naranjo was misquoted when teaching his theory on the arrows in a SAT group in the early 1970s. This misquote went around the world. He corrected it in his first Enneagram Intensive in Bolder Colorado in 1996 stating he never meant to suggest that you move to one line positively and the other negatively but rather that you move to both lines of connection all of the time positively and negatively. He taught about the wings as well. That your type is simply the tension between your two wings.

I researched this with clients and found it to be true. For example, I found as a 5 you are trying to individuate and be a unique individual (4) while simultaneously trying to match and be accepted by your peers (6).... and then moving positively and negatively to your lines of connection. We all have access to all 9 types but the question is when and how, and in what order. When we move to our lines of connection we do not become those types as our dominant type remains in charge... but rather we pick up the qualities of the type in our line of connection.

The key is the "specialty" or focus of attention created by the intersection of the 3 types in the Tritype. With 459 they all concur that it is essential to stand back and be reflective and introspective before engaging with others. The overall desire of the 459 Tritype is for others to move towards them in social situations and make them feel more comfortable sharing as they feel inhibited and do not jump into conversations. The false belief is that others are more at ease with social relating. What is often missed is that many Tritypes move towards others and engage in conversation because they feel so ill at ease if they don't....and sometimes they find they are so nervous they cannot stop talking... ) This would be amplified by instinct of course...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine8 View Post
    [...]
    The key is the "specialty" or focus of attention created by the intersection of the 3 types in the Tritype. With 459 they all concur that it is essential to stand back and be reflective and introspective before engaging with others. The overall desire of the 459 Tritype is for others to move towards them in social situations and make them feel more comfortable sharing as they feel inhibited and do not jump into conversations. The false belief is that others are more at ease with social relating. What is often missed is that many Tritypes move towards others and engage in conversation because they feel so ill at ease if they don't....and sometimes they find they are so nervous they cannot stop talking... ) This would be amplified by instinct of course...
    This is slightly off topic, but a recent revelation for me (in my mid 40s) is to realize that I'm not the only one who brings the awkward. As a 549, I somehow felt I was uniquely responsible for any awkwardness that happened when interacting with others. Events of the last few years (and feedback from others) has shown me that I'm not particularly awkward socially, and actually am pretty amusing and easy to interact with (at least in many circumstances).

Objectively it seems ridiculous, but I really did feel responsible whenever interactions didn't go entirely smoothly. Somehow it was entirely my fault if an interaction with someone else didn't go well. There was also a big disconnect between my partner's perception of how I did in social interactions (for example), and how I felt I had done. I'm still reconciling things, but accepting that others may be more socially awkward than I am has been a challenge. Just knowing my perception is flawed in that area has let me take my self-evaluations in that area less seriously. Yes, I may still perceive myself to be awkward, but it's hardly the end of the world.
    Likes Ghost liked this post

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    This is slightly off topic, but a recent revelation for me (in my mid 40s) is to realize that I'm not the only one who brings the awkward. As a 549, I somehow felt I was uniquely responsible for any awkwardness that happened when interacting with others. Events of the last few years (and feedback from others) has shown me that I'm not particularly awkward socially, and actually am pretty amusing and easy to interact with (at least in many circumstances).

Objectively it seems ridiculous, but I really did feel responsible whenever interactions didn't go entirely smoothly. Somehow it was entirely my fault if an interaction with someone else didn't go well. There was also a big disconnect between my partner's perception of how I did in social interactions (for example), and how I felt I had done. I'm still reconciling things, but accepting that others may be more socially awkward than I am has been a challenge. Just knowing my perception is flawed in that area has let me take my self-evaluations in that area less seriously. Yes, I may still perceive myself to be awkward, but it's hardly the end of the world.
    OMG, same experience. Not 459 tritype, though. Then one day I realized that conversations are actually 2-way streets, and that maybe it's actually the other person who's being awkward, and maybe I don't appear particularly out-of-sorts, myself!

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    SX8 sx/sp

Great points.... awkward is the operative word.... everyone feels ill at ease if they are in awkward moments... but quick-witted types just cover it well )

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    SX8 sx/sp

Not sure why I put Mickey here but he is a great example of the sx 8. ))

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    SX8 sx/sp

Thanks for sharing this as it is so very true....
    But I hear it the most from 5, 6 and then