User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

  1. #11
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    You post in my threads all the time with nothing to discuss.
    Because literally almost anything I've seen you claim has no factual basis and is just your interpretation of information, acting like it's a concrete fact.

    Guess you can't handle a little challenge to your theory. 6s react with insecurity I can't relate to that at all. I react because people piss me off which makes me want to kick them out windows.
    I don't see you challenging my theory (which isn't even a theory tbh, I just wanted to talk about the pattern I noticed); I just see you trying to prove to everyone how you're not a 6 (like in all the posts you make).

    Now please stop derailing my thread and leave.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  2. #12
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Chananay's 6 wing bias is what made him come up with this. I'm more like an 8 than a 6. I am able to immerse myself in some things like an 8 and I'm reactive to my environment but in an 8 revenge kind of way.
    You do realize that you're reacting like a 6 right?
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Because literally almost anything I've seen you claim has no factual basis and is just your interpretation of information, acting like it's a concrete fact.

    I don't see you challenging my theory (which isn't even a theory tbh, I just wanted to talk about the pattern I noticed);
    I did challenge it. I said I had no 6 influence whatsoever. In your theory I'm supposed to have 6 influence and all you said was that I'm a 6 like always. You're not very good with logic and facts yourself there buddy.

    I just see you trying to prove to everyone how you're not a 6 (like in all the posts you make).
    Uh maybe you see that because every post you make to me is about how I'm not the type I say I am. If you don't want to see that maybe you should stop talking.

    Now please stop derailing my thread and leave.
    If all you were looking for was a bunch of yes men to post in your thread you should of said that in the op. cya

  4. #14
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    I think we should ignore @badger055 from now on, because people shouldn't feed the troll.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  5. #15
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,440

    Default

    Good call, @Vetani!

    @Chanaynay, your theory is interesting. I could see 1 being the most positive-outlook focus of the competency triad. Even the jaded and negative 1s I know, are jaded and negative because they're so idealistic that nothing is meeting their standards. But they still believe in those standards, you know? There's hope there.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #16
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    I have thought about this before, actually. Some types have even stronger influence, for instance:

    4 is surrounded by 3, 5, and has a line to 1. That's a link to ALL the competency types.

    5 is surrounded by 4, 6, and has a line to 8. That's a link to ALL the reactive types.


    I find that 5s are more reactive than people give them credit for and 4s are more competency-obsessed than people give them credit for. 5 is still competency core and 4 is still reactive core, but I find that influence to be very strong in both types, in my experience. 5s react immediately (even if that reaction is RETREAT) when their understanding or knowledge is threatened, if they feel they don't know enough. They can bite, or retreat. 4s are very competency oriented where their self-expression is concerned. Whether that is art or just how they express who they are day to day. Some 4s , when they feel 'misunderstood,' can self-blame as if they failed to be competent at communicating who they really are, and if only they were smarter/ more authentic/ more honest/ better artist, then it would be different.

    8 is surrounded by 7, 9 and has a line to 2. 1 is surrounded by 2 and 9, and has a line to 7. Similarly, 8s and 1s both can have a very 'positive outlook.' I've noticed this even more with 8s, that they keep the mood 'good' or sometimes overlook the negative in a very direct way. Also, "nobody is stronger than ME" and "I will TAKE what I want" with no-room-to-fail type thinking. With 1s it seems to influence them to believe their perfectionistic ideals COULD come true.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  7. #17
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Yeah, I've noticed the things of which you speak, @Chanaynay. It's interesting because no matter which types surround me, I am SO CLEARLY a reactive type it's not funny.

    I do feel my wings going on all day, but I wouldn't necessarily say that makes me more like them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    7, lying between 6 and 8 on the spectrum, posses the quality of wanting to taste everything but not fully immersing oneself.

    ....

    i want to know if there's anything worth noting, about how being surrounded by two types in the same harmonic group could account for certain traits in the core type.
    Each type is supposed to be the attempt at resolving the discrepencies between the wings--meaning the type is created by a tension between the wings.

    this also could explain why 3, 6, and 9 (imo) have the issues most connected to self-image, anxiety, and controlling anger - because the types they're surrounded by are both types of the same heart/head/gut triad.
    That's right. The ones in the center are most "out of touch" with that facet of human existence--9s are most out of touch with rage, 3s are most out of touch with feeling, and 6s are most out of touch with guidance. Yeah, it's the tensions of the two other types that does it.

    one theory for a second. could this mean, of the positive outlook types, 2 is most concerned with competent decisions and 7 is most reactive to its environment? the same for 8 being most concerned with bringing positivity to oneself of the reactive types, etc.
    I'd think tritype could influence this just as much, if not moreso. Wings can't alter your core motivations, only bring similar attributes and behaviors (the motivations are inherently part of this, but each type appears to be the result of both combined. The wing just tells you which outward characteristics you are more identified with).

  8. #18
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Yes, @Chanaynay, I've thought about this a lot, actually. I think you especially see this in the four and five. Fours are surrounded by competency types AND integrate into a competency type while fives are surrounded by reactive types AND integrate into a reactive type.

    I think this is a lot of why a four withdraws and feels shame. It's like there's this heavy wall of competency leaning against the four. The four feels this huge pull to be competent but what they 'really are' is reactive, and they're ashamed about this. They're ashamed that they are so governed by their feelings and not able to push them to the side and get things done in the way the competency types do. Contrary to popular belief, most fours hide their feelings, preferring to let them out in creative expression. In this way they are 'doing something' with their feelings vs just feeling for the sake of feeling. When a four does let feelings out openly and reactively, it shifts them into a two like state where they feel incredibly vulnerable and out of control. It makes fours not feel like their 'normal' selves.

    Naranjo talks about fives being hypersensitive, too highly attuned to everything and withdrawing to protect themselves. In other words, five has a tendency to over-react to its environment. Perhaps a five has more to say about this, but I know that my five wing is really sensitive to outside forces/outside stimuli.


    @Animal, I didn't notice your post before I wrote this... talk about redundancy...

  9. #19
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    With 1s it seems to influence them to believe their perfectionistic ideals COULD come true.
    A much more articulate and succinct phrasing of what I was trying to say before. You can't really be an evangelizing 1 without thinking that people will listen to you.

    It strikes me as interesting that the "healthiest" 1s seem to be the 1s who have given up on a lot of their ideals. My conversations with fellow 1s who are farther to the unhealthy side than I am, usually end with them being SHOCKED that I could have such a sad and hopeless view of humanity. But the other side of that coin is that my views of humanity are more forgiving, and allow me to lead a happier life.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  10. #20
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,625

    Default



    I just wanted you to know Chanaynay that I'm here...you just can't see me. And once I figure out what the f%*¢ you guys are talking about I'll join the conversation. haha.

    No, I think @Animal 's interpretation is where I've gone with this in my mind but never really discovered anything that I felt was all that useful (on my own) so I look forward to seeing how this thread unfolds. Thanks for this.

Similar Threads

  1. Some interesting type patterns I've noticed.
    By Alea_iacta_est in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 08:09 PM
  2. Something I noticed about function strengths
    By Such Irony in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 05:06 PM
  3. Things I've learned about life
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 06:04 AM
  4. What you've learned about the theory of personalities in the last 6 months?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 01:26 AM
  5. What is the very first thing you notice about a person indicating they're a J or a P?
    By 527468 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO