User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 95

Thread: 4s - Why

  1. #71
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    The problem with that is, if the kid will get satisfaction from that. I was bullied a lot as a kid, and my dad often told this to me. I always regarded it as vapid. That, and I'm also not vengeful.
    That's very noble. I can be vengeful… but outside of a very unhealthy period of my life during a severe trauma-reaction, I've never really "acted" on anything vengeful. I just put all my anger into my song lyrics or stories, and write vengeful characters etc. But irl I'm too compassionate to really be vengeful. But I can't lie, it could be a motivator back then, when I was feeling terrible about myself, to think.. well one day they will be jealous that I'm true to myself and stuck to my talents and didn't let their bullshti bring me down. These 'cool girls' will be married with families like everyone else and I'll be a famous rockstar. And they will watch me on tv and feel sorry for themselves.


    This is just how I felt about the other kids when I was very down though. Overall, I love music for music - I don't even care about fame - care mostly about expressing myself honestly.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  2. #72
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    That's very noble. I can be vengeful… but outside of a very unhealthy period of my life during a severe trauma-reaction, I've never really "acted" on anything vengeful. I just put all my anger into my song lyrics or stories, and write vengeful characters etc. But irl I'm too compassionate to really be vengeful. But I can't lie, it could be a motivator back then, when I was feeling terrible about myself, to think.. well one day they will be jealous that I'm true to myself and stuck to my talents and didn't let their bullshti bring me down. These 'cool girls' will be married with families like everyone else and I'll be a famous rockstar. And they will watch me on tv and feel sorry for themselves.
    I'm not talking about that sort of vengance. In this case it's pretty much as mild as it can get, in a "ha! See? I proved you wrong. I AM something and you are not! I'm better than you". I just don't, and never have identified with that. I was also a very smart kid, and was often told "you're made fun of for being smart". In some ways I believed it, in others, I didn't. The idea that they were jealous seemed rediculous, and ultimately I just didn't care that much about it. If they were jealous, that's their problem. They weren't trying to stop me so it wasn't worth fretting over.

    Another reason I just don't identify with it, is it assumed the nature of others, which likely isn't true. In my experience, most people aren't all that jealous or envious (if they are it isn't strong). If they aren't, then being successful won't really do much to them.

    I'll get all kinds of bent out of shape over the success (or lack of) with others, but it's for totally different reasons, and it's not frequent anyway.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  3. #73
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I'm not talking about that sort of vengance. In this case it's pretty much as mild as it can get, in a "ha! See? I proved you wrong. I AM something and you are not! I'm better than you". I just don't, and never have identified with that. I was also a very smart kid, and was often told "you're made fun of for being smart". In some ways I believed it, in others, I didn't. The idea that they were jealous seemed rediculous, and ultimately I just didn't care that much about it. If they were jealous, that's their problem. They weren't trying to stop me so it wasn't worth fretting over.

    Another reason I just don't identify with it, is it assumed the nature of others, which likely isn't true. In my experience, most people aren't all that jealous or envious (if they are it isn't strong). If they aren't, then being successful won't really do much to them.

    I'll get all kinds of bent out of shape over the success (or lack of) with others, but it's for totally different reasons, and it's not frequent anyway.
    I don't REALLY presume they are ACTUALLY jealous of me in some objective way.
    For instance, I would never assume that a friend of mine was being mean to me because she's jealous. (My father would, but I wouldn't.) This would not be my first instinct in terms of resolving an actual issue.

    What I'm talking about has almost nothing to do with the individuals at hand, and what their motivations actually are. It has more to do with a general feeling of triumph over idiocy. Like.. "everyone thinks I'm nothing but I'll prove them wrong and be true to myself!" It doesn't matter if I pick out each kid individually and they are actually jealous at the present time. It's more a fantasy that they are assholes and one day they'll get what they deserve. And I will also get what I deserve, since their bullshit didn't touch me. More similar to what you said than it might have sounded before, perhaps?

    But there were people who actually told me (eventually) that they were jealous of my singing voice and/or turned on me after I landed roles or attracted boys that they wanted etc. I wouldn't just PRESUME someone is jealous of me but sometimes the pieces do add up, and kids can be cruel in that scenario.

    The meanest that peoplE EVER were to me was in highschool when a very desirable boy liked me and not them, and a whole crew of girls started throwing spitballs in my hair and calling me "slut" - the day after they found out he kissed me. To me that sounds like jealousy *shrug* - I'm not saying they wanted to BECOME me, but they wanted at least one thing i had.


    I should also mention, perhaps, that the kids who chased me with hockey sticks came from poor families, and called me "Rich bitch." (I'm not rich, but it looked that way compared to them) - that's a form of jealousy.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  4. #74
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I don't REALLY presume they are ACTUALLY jealous of me in some objective way.
    For instance, I would never assume that a friend of mine was being mean to me because she's jealous. (My father would, but I wouldn't.) This would not be my first instinct in terms of resolving an actual issue.

    What I'm talking about has almost nothing to do with the individuals at hand, and what their motivations actually are. It has more to do with a general feeling of triumph over idiocy. Like.. "everyone thinks I'm nothing but I'll prove them wrong and be true to myself!" It doesn't matter if I pick out each kid individually and they are actually jealous at the present time. It's more a fantasy that they are assholes and one day they'll get what they deserve. And I will also get what I deserve, since their bullshit didn't touch me. More similar to what you said than it might have sounded before, perhaps?

    But there were people who actually told me (eventually) that they were jealous of my singing voice and/or turned on me after I landed roles or attracted boys that they wanted etc. I wouldn't just PRESUME someone is jealous of me but sometimes the pieces do add up, and kids can be cruel in that scenario.

    The meanest that peoplE EVER were to me was in highschool when a very desirable boy liked me and not them, and a whole crew of girls started throwing spitballs in my hair and calling me "slut" - the day after they found out he kissed me. To me that sounds like jealousy *shrug* - I'm not saying they wanted to BECOME me, but they wanted at least one thing i had.
    Oh ok I misunderstood then. It's more things that are learned after the fact.

    Ultimately what I was/am trying to say is the whole:

    "everyone thinks I'm nothing but I'll prove them wrong and be true to myself!"
    is something I don't relate to.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  5. #75
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Oh ok I misunderstood then. It's more things that are learned after the fact.

    Ultimately what I was/am trying to say is the whole:



    is something I don't relate to.
    Yeah , fair. Like to you, they're just irrelevant?
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  6. #76
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Yeah , fair. Like to you, they're just irrelevant?
    Sort of. I just don't gain satisfaction from subverting others expectations or whatever. Since I don't, I don't strive for it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  7. #77
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Sort of. I just don't gain satisfaction from subverting others expectations or whatever. Since I don't, I don't strive for it.
    I want to be clear - I don't strive for it either per Se. Most people don't exist to me and have no affect on me. This is simply something that might cheer me up when I was young and they were being particularly mean. Overall, "they" have no affect on my life goals and now that they're out of my face I don't think about them at all.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  8. #78
    Senior Member Noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    806

    Default

    So what I'm getting from this thread is that it's best to evaluate the 4s on a case by case basis.

    Pause for revolutionary insight.




    More seriously, someone here brought up one of the fear points I have.

    Its just that I hate the thought that someone who should be supporting me wants me to fail inside
    Ho hum.

    @Animal gives the 4 love in me much hope though.

  9. #79
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    So what I'm getting from this thread is that it's best to evaluate the 4s on a case by case basis.

    Pause for revolutionary insight.




    More seriously, someone here brought up one of the fear points I have.



    Ho hum.

    @Animal gives the 4 love in me much hope though.
    <3
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  10. #80
    Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    369

    Default

    @Evee @Animal

    Its just ridiculous how I can't tell a 4 about my accomplishment with him seeming butthurt. I mean yeah I'm sure that geting butthurt like that is supposed to be a characteristic of an unhealthy 4, but all 4s I know DO NOT like hearing about anyone elses accomplishments regardless of presentation. Its so true dont any of you try denying it, because I call bullshit.

    @Evee Are you night and days?

    EDIT: Yea you are lol. Do you ever consider INFP? You cross me as the dark, edgar allen poe infp type. Haha lol

Similar Threads

  1. [E4] Why are there so many 4s here?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 03:44 AM
  2. Why are you here?
    By rhinosaur in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 06:08 AM
  3. Religion... why?
    By wyrdsister in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 04:31 PM
  4. Why I am here
    By HilbertSpace in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 01:18 AM
  5. Why?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO