User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 95

Thread: 4s - Why

  1. #61
    Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Anyway it's very obvious to me why communication is failing in the relationship that has been cited here. I mentioned feeling comfortable to cry and resolve something with a partner and the presumption was made that I'm jealous of the things that make them happy. It seems to me @collierm48 - you are the one who is unhealthy. Maybe your partner is too, but if you are half as presumptuous with him as you were with me, reading meaning into the post that wasn't there, and blowing things way out of proportion to make widespread assumptions, then no wonder he's unhappy. If he's lucky you'll cut him loose and he'll find someone who he can be honest with, who won't read hidden expectations into his attempts at genuine communication.

    No you're wrong youre extrapolating from my tone in this conversation. Im just in a bad mood im not like this all the time

    Also it sounds like youre assuming im gay lmao. Really, dont try and figure out my situation unless Ive given you clear information, you sound like a huge idiot no offense. Extrapolating without evidence, classic NFP. This has to do with a friendship/roommate situation and is ABSOLUTELY NOT about a romantic relationship.


    In a very small sense, you're right. I assume things alot (in general) which really fucks me up. I do really appreciate you pointing that out

  2. #62
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by collierm48 View Post
    Well i agree with what you just said. I must have been explaining something wrong.

    It was just the way that animal explained 4s that i reacted too. She said it like they just cried when they were jealous and expected people to except that. That had to have been misinformation because thats unhealthy.
    I mean admitting where we are at is healthy, but only if we can acknowledge the falseness of how we feel sometimes-- like, "hey I just need you to know that I feel like you don't value me because of _________, though I know that's not true." Those kinds of statements just bring honesty and vulnerability to the table, and let you know that we are wrestling with it. We extend that kind of honesty when we are healthy as a valuable gem of trust, it's like letting our walls come down and allowing you to see the inner workings.

    @Animal is an awesome lady, it just sounds like you guys had a communication blip.

    Its just that I hate the thought that someone who should be supporting me wants me to fail inside.
    The whole idea of someone watching what I do and feeling anything other than happy for me is just ridiculous to me because I always wish well for others. As long as they aren't big morons.
    Yeah, that would suck. As a generally healthy 4 I do not do that to anyone in my life, I'm fully supportive and happy for my loved ones when they succeed. When I was less healthy though it was really hard to not attack myself when I'd see others do well. Average and unhealthy 4's compare themselves and find themselves wanting, so seeing others succeed is like salt to the wound of already feeling flawed and misunderstood. Please hear me, I'm not excusing this at all. I just wanted to explain why 4's of lower health act antagonistically or enviously when others do well. All of the types in unhealth are decidedly unpleasant though.

    Were I you, I'd not put up with someone who tried to make me feel guilty or wrong for succeeding (or who I felt wasn't happy for me). If your 4's unhealth is dragging you down, you keeping him around doesn't help either of you. And in truth, 4's tend to need to crash and burn before we grow-- that often means people who care about us need to let us fall on our faces.

    Really, I have some internal fears that Im sorting out and I hate it because it takes my focus that I want to use on my goals.
    Im sorting it out, its just complicated.
    You are totally a 7. Sorting out that inner stuff is so crucile for 7's to grow, though it does probably feel annoying or counterproductive to you. I think it's awesome and bold that you are sorting through it!

    Edited: Oh! I thought you were a 7 anyway, but I see your badge says 6w5. Did it not say a 7 tritype before? Perhaps that was someone else.

    EDIT: really the thing i dont like about 4s is the tendency to hold grudges do to pride.
    Theres plenty that I dont like about myself as well.
    Pride is a trait of 2 (that's their cardinal Passion) which makes sense if you are seeing that in your 4-- unhealthy 4's disintegrate to 2. Remaining silent about our feelings is what leads to those grudges and passive aggression for 4's. This is why healthy 4's are pretty blunt and can be reactive, if we don't get it off of our chests immediately it can fester. It's crazy for me now to even remember doing that on a regular basis, being as straight forward as I am has made me into a total "water under the bridge" person. As long as truth is on the table, I can forgive and forget like lightning...this actually drives my 2 Mom crazy because she needs like four days to process. Haha.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  3. #63
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    I mean admitting where we are at is healthy, but only if we can acknowledge the falseness of how we feel sometimes-- like, "hey I just need you to know that I feel like you don't value me because of _________, though I know that's not true." Those kinds of statements just bring honesty and vulnerability to the table, and let you know that we are wrestling with it. We extend that kind of honesty when we are healthy as a valuable gem of trust, it's like letting our walls come down and allowing you to see the inner workings.
    There is a large gap between emotional manipulation (crying, accusing etc) and simple communication. * You outlined it perfectly here.


    This is exactly what I meant, and how I would approach it as well. I have never, in my life, gone to someone and started accusing them of things, the way @collierm48 has done to me, by assuming I'm jealous, stripping people of their happiness, and accusing my lovers of things, when all I said was that I am healthier when I can share my emotions.

    Right there, @collierm48, instead of writing a speech about how I'm awful because I don't want others to be happy - and then saying terrible things about 4s on the whole, based on false presumptions about my post… if you had asked me to clarify - that might have opened the door for communication between us.


    Quote Originally Posted by collierm48 View Post
    you're right. I assume things alot (in general) which really fucks me up. I do really appreciate you pointing that out
    Glad if it helps.

    Also for the record, I could not possibly assume you're gay because I have no idea what your gender is :p

    But whether it's a friend or a boyfriend or what, the same applies. If you presume extra meaning in his words the way you did with me, and start accusing him of things, it isn't going to pave the way to healthy communication.

    There's a huge difference between me misreading that it wasn't a relationship (especially when you were responding to my posts which were CLEARLY about relationships and you did not bother to correct me) - and what you did. My misconception there, could have been cleared up in one sentence, and was not an accusation against your character. All you had to say was "no it's a friend not a boyfriend." Okay, fixed. What you did to me, was much deeper extrapolation about the MEANING of my post, my character, how I behave, etc, which lead even FURTHER, to a presumption about ALL 4s, and ''4s suck" and more bullshit about 4s overall.. based on something you projected on me, which I didn't even say. That's very different than misreading a detail because I was talking about relationships and you were responding directly and not clearing it up.

    And then, after that, you tell me I'm extrapolating? (Not just me, but ALL NFPs!!) Because I missed a detail, whereas you extrapolated information pertaining to my very character, and that of all 4s, and all NFPs. Yep, I'm the one who is extrapolating because I misread a detail which is actually quite irrelevant to the topic at hand.

    Major projection here.

    No you're wrong youre extrapolating from my tone in this conversation. Im just in a bad mood im not like this all the time
    Oh really? I thought 4s were the devil incarnate because we impose our moods on other people?

    How can you use your "mood" as an excuse then?
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  4. #64
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post

    Oh really? I thought 4s were the devil incarnate because we impose our moods on other people?

    How can you use your "mood" as an excuse then?
    What is it? "Those we despise, we're doomed to become"?


    If that's the case I'm going to hate some pretty awesome and successful people
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #65
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    What is it? "Those we despise, we're doomed to become"?


    If that's the case I'm going to hate some pretty awesome and successful people
    Haha good idea!! Success is the best revenge, or so they say.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  6. #66
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Haha good idea!! Success is the best revenge, or so they say.
    Never heard that. But makes sense
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #67
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Never heard that. But makes sense
    My 7w8 father taught me that way back in elementary school when the other kids were mean to me.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  8. #68
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    My 7w8 father taught me that way back in elementary school when the other kids were mean to me.
    I remember those times, not fun
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  9. #69
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    My 7w8 father taught me that way back in elementary school when the other kids were mean to me.
    The problem with that is, if the kid will get satisfaction from that. I was bullied a lot as a kid, and my dad often told this to me. I always regarded it as vapid. That, and I'm also not vengeful.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  10. #70
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I remember those times, not fun
    I was a great student and school was very easy for me. I had a growing theater/ music career as a kid & early teen, and a lot of kids were jealous of my singing voice and excellent grades which I got practically in my sleep. I spent lunch periods practicing music etc. And took tons of lessons and started working in bars at 13 & before that, was in lots of local shows, out til 1am sometimes at rehearsals even in middle school. But school work was just so damn easy and I remembered everything the teachers said and just flew through it. Other kids would mock me and even the teachers in my school district would encourage the "bad kids" and give them stickers, and tell the smart kids to "give the others a chance" so I shouldn't raise my hand if I know the answer (which I usually did). It was that kind of school district where smart and successful = bad. And people were REALLY mean, chased me with hockey sticks in middle school and called me "flat chested whitey" and other racial slurs. My father just said.. success is the best revenge and if nobody hates you, you're doing something wrong and failing to stand out. ;P
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

Similar Threads

  1. [E4] Why are there so many 4s here?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 03:44 AM
  2. Why are you here?
    By rhinosaur in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 06:08 AM
  3. Religion... why?
    By wyrdsister in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 04:31 PM
  4. Why I am here
    By HilbertSpace in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 01:18 AM
  5. Why?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO