• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram 8's and being afraid of their own power?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Do you think it is this something real to be legitimately afraid of (have you ever exerted this power before), or is it more like something intangible, slumbering within but has never expressed itself, maybe even being just a product of your imagination?

I'm definitely aware of it, and yes, it's slumbering deep down. It makes me so conflicted inside lol. I feel like Anakin Skywalker. : P

What, more concretely, is it that you fear you will do? Crush other people in your path? Leaving them scarred? Lose your empathy or sense of self? Is there no way of getting where you want without being afraid of what you might do?

Bold.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm definitely aware of it, and yes, it's slumbering deep down. It makes me so conflicted inside lol. I feel like Anakin Skywalker. : P

Bold.
Hm.

I still don't fully grasp it, but... Interesting.

:rly???:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I know when to use it and when not too. I know how use it for constructive purposes as opposed to destructive ones.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
lol so many assumptions being made in this thread.

I had a reiki energy reading and he told me that I'm scared to death of my own power and sabotage myself so that I don't succeed at anything. I'm wondering if other 8's have ever encountered similar issues. As this is unconscious behavior I don't fully agree with the assessment because I haven't experienced enough to know if I do it or not, but the concept is intriguing to me because I have pondered the debate between power and isolation vs friends and togetherness.

It could be the fact that I was raised by a group of people who bring sour grapes to the next level.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Right, this is what I was gonna ask. Isn't it other people's power 8's are afraid of, thus exerting their own on their environment to remain autonomous?

Yes but that's not related to what I'm asking.

A man such as myself who is bombastic and outspoken without meaning to be causes a lot of trouble pretty much everywhere he goes and thus developes a fear of being himself. People get offended, people cry, people get scared, people make verbal attacks etc. It makes agorophobia the preferred method. It feels like the faster I want to move the more people want to prevent me from moving. Like I'm trying to slog through a shallow pool full of mines while an audience is throwing rocks at me. Check out the responses in this thread if you want an example. Pretty much my life 24/7.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

A man such as myself who is bombastic and outspoken without meaning to be causes a lot of trouble pretty much everywhere he goes and thus developes a fear of being himself. People get offended, people cry, people get scared, people make verbal attacks etc. It makes agorophobia the preferred method. It feels like the faster I want to move the more people want to prevent me from moving. Like I'm trying to slog through a shallow pool full of mines while an audience is throwing rocks at me. Check out the responses in this thread if you want an example. Pretty much my life 24/7.
So what you're really asking is, "do you contain yourself for fear of being judged or held back?". There's a world of difference between that and the question in the OP. The reason you got some negative responses is because you didn't provide any context for the question/phrased it poorly, which made you look like you were playing the same old self-aggrandizing tune, "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds".

Now that you clarified it, you might get the answers you want.

badger055

Permabanned

You have to be more aware about how you come across to other people. That's more your own fault you need to improve your PR. Instead of making a thread about how you are too powerful rephrase so it doesn't sound like you're bragging about yourself. Most people translate these things in their head into something more normal before saying it

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
You have to be more aware about how you come across to other people. That's more your own fault you need to improve your PR. Instead of making a thread about how you are too powerful rephrase so it doesn't sound like you're bragging about yourself. Most people translate these things in their head into something more normal before saying it

I want to claw my eyes out and scream.

I provided zero context so that I could get open ended answers. Instead I get people talking about how OH LOOK AT YOU MR WHATEVER.

I'm god damn tired of this bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Congrats. I'm rage quitting. This forum is just as much hassle as the rest of the internet. I don't seem to have these problems in real life. Goodbye.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Two responses in the thread made fun of you. Four people, three of them 8's, actually answered your question. But as it turns out, your question in the OP had nothing to do with what you were really asking.

Now that it's clear what you want, you can get the answers you were looking for.

EDIT: Ok, so you left. Nevermind then.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
timetostopposting.jpg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha this was nice.
How about 7w8s?
7w8: definitely not
7w6: a little bit (they're more likely to be cautious of overdoing it than 7w8)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any 8's here afraid of their own power?

You are afraid of your own shadow, which is interesting because there's not much of it.

A quick heads-up for you: Don't send me private messages (PMs) or any other form of message again, got it?

Your profile is locked down to where no one can send you PMs or profile messages. I wonder why? Sending someone a message of any kind where they cannot reply to you is rude and stupid. Don't waste your breath or my time; slither back under the rock from which you came out from - and do not EVER speak to me again.

-Halla74