User Tag List

First 12345 Last

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Do you think it is this something real to be legitimately afraid of (have you ever exerted this power before), or is it more like something intangible, slumbering within but has never expressed itself, maybe even being just a product of your imagination?
    I'm definitely aware of it, and yes, it's slumbering deep down. It makes me so conflicted inside lol. I feel like Anakin Skywalker. : P

What, more concretely, is it that you fear you will do? Crush other people in your path? Leaving them scarred? Lose your empathy or sense of self? Is there no way of getting where you want without being afraid of what you might do?
    Bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I'm definitely aware of it, and yes, it's slumbering deep down. It makes me so conflicted inside lol. I feel like Anakin Skywalker. : P

Bold.
    Hm.

I still don't fully grasp it, but... Interesting.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I know when to use it and when not too. I know how use it for constructive purposes as opposed to destructive ones.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    8w7: hello no
    8w9: on rare occasion
    9w8: yes, definitely
    Haha this was nice.

How about 7w8s?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

lol so many assumptions being made in this thread.

I had a reiki energy reading and he told me that I'm scared to death of my own power and sabotage myself so that I don't succeed at anything. I'm wondering if other 8's have ever encountered similar issues. As this is unconscious behavior I don't fully agree with the assessment because I haven't experienced enough to know if I do it or not, but the concept is intriguing to me because I have pondered the debate between power and isolation vs friends and togetherness.

It could be the fact that I was raised by a group of people who bring sour grapes to the next level.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    lol so many assumptions being made in this thread.

I'm wondering if other 8's have ever encountered similar issues.
    And eights have responded that they have not.

It could be the fact that I was raised by a group of people who bring sour grapes to the next level.
    Or you know, you could not be an 8 core. There's also that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    And eights have responded that they have not.

Or you know, you could not be an 8 core. There's also that.
    thanks for the help

ndovjtjcaqidthi

thanks for the help

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Right, this is what I was gonna ask. Isn't it other people's power 8's are afraid of, thus exerting their own on their environment to remain autonomous?
    Yes but that's not related to what I'm asking.

A man such as myself who is bombastic and outspoken without meaning to be causes a lot of trouble pretty much everywhere he goes and thus developes a fear of being himself. People get offended, people cry, people get scared, people make verbal attacks etc. It makes agorophobia the preferred method. It feels like the faster I want to move the more people want to prevent me from moving. Like I'm trying to slog through a shallow pool full of mines while an audience is throwing rocks at me. Check out the responses in this thread if you want an example. Pretty much my life 24/7.

Yes but that's not related to what I'm asking.

A man such as myself who is bombastic and outspoken without meaning to be causes a lot of trouble pretty much everywhere he goes and thus developes a fear of being himself. People get offended, people cry, people get scared, people make verbal attacks etc. It makes agorophobia the preferred method. It feels like the faster I want to move the more people want to prevent me from moving. Like I'm trying to slog through a shallow pool full of mines while an audience is throwing rocks at me. Check out the responses in this thread if you want an example. Pretty much my life 24/7.
    So what you're really asking is, "do you contain yourself for fear of being judged or held back?". There's a world of difference between that and the question in the OP. The reason you got some negative responses is because you didn't provide any context for the question/phrased it poorly, which made you look like you were playing the same old self-aggrandizing tune, "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds".

Now that you clarified it, you might get the answers you want.