User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Stansmith

So if I'm getting this correctly, you fear some theoretical/mentally-fabricated point in the distant future where you'll essentially lose control of yourself? What's triggered this fear that you're currently feeling - was it something tangible? Is it safe to say that you're over-thinking things?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

8w7: hello no
    8w9: on rare occasion
    9w8: yes, definitely
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I am, but as a six who has an eight fix. I think this thread is more sixish than eightish..

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I am, but as a six who has an eight fix. I think this thread is more sixish than eightish..
    In what way? I mean, what kinda power is it and what do you fear you will do?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    In what way? I mean, what kinda power is it and what do you fear you will do?
    Well stressing out/getting anxious over some "theoretical" non existent point in the future is definitely a six thing.

The power I'm talking about is like.. a power that I feel within, I guess.

I feel like I can do anything I want to in this life, no matter how unlikely it may seem, and guide my own fate to get there. I also feel like nothing can stop me except for me.

It's debilitating because I don't really know what I should do, if anything (as in, what's the point?).

I'm also very lazy.

I'm like mired in indecision and endless contemplation.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I think so?

I am only an 8 fixer, so I can't use myself as an example of core 8. But the way I see it, this is why core 8s test people to see if they're strong enough to be vulnerable to. It's a way of retaining autonomy which I can relate to. I don't get attached to people anymore if I feel that they are "voluntarily weak" because I don't want to have to fight their battles for them, as that would leave me more powerless. If someone is strong, but truly vulnerable and needs me, I love to be there for them. But I used to let more people matter to me, until I got burned one too many times.
    I can relate, I think. At least with the part that you don't wanna fight other people's battles. I don't test people, I just... Spend time with them, try to figure out what kinda person they are, and then decide if I can open up? Like I said, I don't test people, but on the other hand it's pretty easy for me to sever my bonds if people become a burden or if I opened up and later realize it was a mistake. I guess that's another defense mechanism to protect your sense of autonomy, but in more in a 7(w8) fashion.

I also wonder: Maybe this is something 8's ask themselves when they're in a particularly vulnerable position, kicking their psychological defenses into overdrive, feeling like they're gonna lash out with more force than usual?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Nope.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Well stressing out/getting anxious over some "theoretical" non existent point in the future is definitely a six thing.

The power I'm talking about is like.. a power that I feel within, I guess.

I feel like I can do anything I want to in this life, no matter how unlikely, and guide my own fate to get there. I also feel like nothing can stop me except for me.

It's debilitating because I don't really know what I should do with it, if anything (as in, what's the point?).

I'm also very lazy.
    Do you think it is this something real to be legitimately afraid of (have you ever exerted this power before), or is it more like something intangible, slumbering within but has never expressed itself, maybe even being just a product of your imagination? I mean, I reckon it's pretty common for Sixes to imagine themselves strong and forceful or fantasizing about power, but feeling less confident actually navigating trough the real world.

What, more concretely, is it that you fear you will do? Crush other people in your path? Leaving them scarred? Lose your empathy or sense of self? Is there no way of getting where you want without being afraid of what you might do?

Permabanned

dj's power level is too high he is going to blow up the earth