User Tag List

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Default Type Six and their MBTI

It seems to me that type six has more trouble deciding on their enneagram type the the other eight types. At least it's been that way for me. Sixes don't trust their own minds, they often turn to friends, books, ect to help settle things. I go back and forth between ISFJ and ISFP, depending. I might say that I'm ISFJ, but then I'll think: "Oh but the book says ISFJs are hard working! I'm not hard working, therefore, I'm not ISFJ. Or I may think I am ISFP, but then someone will remark that I seem very ISFJ to them, and I'll think they must be right. You see where I'm going with this? We don't trust our own minds with most things in life, why would we with this? Do any other sixes experience this? Just something I was thinking about today, thanks for letting me ramble!

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I'm not a 6, but I did have trouble determining my MBTI (and my enneagram type as well).

The problem isn't necessarily your mind in this case, it's the fact that descriptions suck until you can really build an understanding of the enneatypes as psychological underpinnings, not as a list of behaviors you are expected to conform to.

The MBTI is even worse--most who study it in any depth eventually convert to using cognitive functions, since the dichotomy is unreliable on any number of grounds, and the descriptions are biased in favor of certain personality preferences that have little to do with the actual mental processes. MANY people have this problem with MBTI, not just 6s.

I feel ya, though, as someone who's always tested ISTP and never saw it (because I later discovered I'm an ENTP). And I've heard reports similar to yours from other 6s as well fwiw.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMary View Post
    It seems to me that type six has more trouble deciding on their enneagram type the the other eight types. At least it's been that way for me. Sixes don't trust their own minds, they often turn to friends, books, ect to help settle things. I go back and forth between ISFJ and ISFP, depending. I might say that I'm ISFJ, but then I'll think: "Oh but the book says ISFJs are hard working! I'm not hard working, therefore, I'm not ISFJ. Or I may think I am ISFP, but then someone will remark that I seem very ISFJ to them, and I'll think they must be right. You see where I'm going with this? We don't trust our own minds with most things in life, why would we with this? Do any other sixes experience this? Just something I was thinking about today, thanks for letting me ramble!
    Yeah I over think the crap out of everything.EVERYTHING.

Also, I will unconsciously take a poll of peoples opinions.... I don't even know I'm doing it til I go back home and try to correspond everyone's answer so that there are no contradictions. And it's when there are contradicting answers... thats when I question even deeper. Only to lead myself to more self doubt.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12