• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Could someone summarize the triwing enneagram thing for me?

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I think that the idea of enneagram and the whole triad is pretty self explanatory, meaning you just have your wings in decending order based upon which ones play the bggest roles in your life. Is this right? Are there any kinds of rules to it that I'm unaware of? Is it totally different from traditional enneagram? I'm a noob to this. Teach me the ways.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the tritype stands for heart, gut, head. 234 (heart) 567 (head) 891 (gut) the theory is that we have one of each. there's a tritype test floating around here somewhere.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
oh sweet, thank you. I'll try and look it up on googz.

EDIT: Just tried it, that was not what I expected...

Tomb1

Greetings from the crypt.
Some historical info. Check out the original outline for multifix theory and compare it to what the fauvres have on their site.

9types.com:

earlymultifixdraft.png

the fauvres' site:

tritype.png

It's essentially the same. Difference is that it sounds more 'enneagram presentable' on the fauvres site than it did on 9types. Even that 8 with a four fix example is the same. "messiness" is an indicator for the person who held the gut truth of the concept versus somebody just trying to market it. The 2003 screenshot is pretty infamous now for its history of instilling terror in the enneagram institute discussion board (eidb) moderators. The moderation staff there erased it within minutes of its posting...russ hudson had alredy endorsed the fauvres' tritype prior to. the eidb mods also let the fauvres operate a parlor game on the board under 3 different shill handles (kitz, dragon8, 8way) for more than a year...even after the sole operater of the 3 sockpuppets slipped up. The handles were locked only after Kuhner sniffed out the parlor game and pressure from the members increased. the eidb moderators said, and its documented, that the 2003 screenshot couldn't be posted basically because it causes controversy with conventions...and that the result of posting it would be an automatic lock. After 2003, the multifix theory was later developed at an older enneagram board called ediots [(cjarlez = kuhner) also documented]. It was significantly upgraded by Kuhner due to the 'linear shift model' of trifix being unworkable (The fauvres are still using the linear shift model of trifix). The upgrade was that your core fixation was influenced by a fix in each center. This also included the addition of wings. Hence, it was called 'multifix'. The idea was that when you add wings onto trifix, you've multifixed the trifix. By 2006 the concept was also used at the eidb:

firstintime.jpg

Trifix doesn't include wings because Oscar Ichazo didn't believe in wings. Multifix was just additive in the opinion of Ichazo's people. But when you multifix a trifix the difference is pretty substantial. At the end of the day, every person whose tried to claim they were first in time to come up with and introduce trifix-concepts to the enneagram boards haven't been able to produce any time-stamped documentation trumping what I've produced. I'm sure if they had it they would have produced it by now. Stackemup.net today holds the gut truth of Trifix with wings as Kuhner was the sites' founder. So any time you see somebody multifixing their trifix with wings (xwx-xwx-xwx), kuhner is at the top of that concept.

Tomb1

This is the most practical resource out there for self-typing fixes...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51592

Trifix is utlimately a theory about the centers of intelligence. The Ultimate Easy hones in on the nuts and bolts association between fixes and centers...a tough tough time for some nine fixers when they try to wiggle their way over to 8 fix-villed. They don’t like being told that their physical presence disqualifies them from having an 8 fix. But that’s just the hard reality of it.