User Tag List

First 12345 Last

brainheart

What did you say your instinct stacking was? so/sp? That can make a 4w3 seem more 3-ish, I think.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    What did you say your instinct stacking was? so/sp? That can make a 4w3 seem more 3-ish, I think.
    Based on the 4w3 profiles I've read, it was So/Sp.

I just had another look at your questionnaire from an MBTI perspective, since it's been mentioned, and I would agree with @brainheart that INFJ is at least worth considering. This, for example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    I want to be recognized and prized for who I am and my special talents. I want to inspire people to be themselves too, to feel confident and not be afraid of being genuine no matter what the rest of the world thinks.
    ...is quintessentially NF.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Octavarium View Post
    I just had another look at your questionnaire from an MBTI perspective, since it's been mentioned, and I would agree with @brainheart that INFJ is at least worth considering. This, for example:

...is quintessentially NF.
    Except for the fact that MBTI isn't about core motivations but about how you interact with the world. Also, I test quite low on F and out of all temperaments, NF is he one I least idenify with. Probably the reason why I keep getting in brawls wih INFJs and ENFPs here on the forum.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I started taking Enneagram tests 3 years ago and have always come up as 8w7.
    Sorry, lot to sort through here, have you narrowed it down anymore? Certified 8w7 here.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Except for the fact that MBTI isn't about core motivations but about how you interact with the world. Also, I test quite low on F and out of all temperaments, NF is he one I least idenify with. Probably the reason why I keep getting in brawls wih INFJs and ENFPs here on the forum.
    Here's a brief description of NFs, written by Berens and taken from one of Vicky Jo's sites:

The Catalysts' core needs are for the meaning and significance that come from having a sense of purpose and working toward some greater good. Catalysts need to have a sense of unique identity. They value unity, self-actualization, and authenticity. Catalysts prefer cooperative interactions with a focus on ethics and morality. Catalysts tend to be gifted at unifying diverse peoples and helping individuals realize their potential. They build bridges between people through empathy and clarification of deeper issues. The Catalysts' motto might be Sui Generis (unique, particular, in a class of its own).
    By contrast, here's the NT description from the same source:

The Theorists' core needs are for mastery of concepts, knowledge, and competence. Theorists want to understand the operating principles of the universe and to learn or even develop theories for everything. They value expertise, logical consistency, concepts and ideas, and seek progress. They abstractly analyze a situation and consider previously un-thought-of possibilities. Research, analysis, searching for patterns, and developing hypotheses are quite likely to be their natural modus operandi. The Theorists' motto might be Cogito, Ergo Sum (I think, therefore I am).
    I don't really understand how it is that you don't relate to the NF temperament; in your questionnaire, you said a lot about your need to have a unique identity, to be authentic, and to inspire the same in others, and that all seemed very NF to me. As I said, I thought there was much more NF than NT in your questionnaire, but even so, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that you didn't entirely relate to that NF description, or that you related at least a little to the NT description. I think it's possible to be in or near the middle on any of the demensions, and if you're an intuitive who's on the T/F borderline, which you may well be, you're probably going to find that you somewhat relate to both NF and NT, but you don't entirely fit into either.

Either way, whichever temperament you most relate to, those descriptions are about core motivations, right?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Sorry, lot to sort through here, have you narrowed it down anymore? Certified 8w7 here.
    Main type seems to be either 4w3 or 3w4. It's probable I have an 8w7 fix.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Here's a brief description of NFs, written by Berens and taken from one of Vicky Jo's sites:

By contrast, here's the NT description from the same source:

I don't really understand how it is that you don't relate to the NF temperament; in your questionnaire, you said a lot about your need to have a unique identity, to be authentic, and to inspire the same in others, and that all seemed very NF to me. As I said, I thought there was much more NF than NT in your questionnaire, but even so, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that you didn't entirely relate to that NF description, or that you related at least a little to the NT description. I think it's possible to be in or near the middle on any of the demensions, and if you're an intuitive who's on the T/F borderline, which you may well be, you're probably going to find that you somewhat relate to both NF and NT, but you don't entirely fit into either.

Even so, whichever temperament you most relate to, those descriptions are about core motivations, right?

Your source is Vicky Jo . That's all.

Your source is Vicky Jo . That's all.
    I'm not keen on Vicky Jo either, but I think those descriptions are decent. Anyway, she's quoting from Berens, and you can find similar descriptions in Keirsey's work. I don't think much of the multiple model approach Berens takes either, and everyone on the internet seems to hate Keirsey (I don't think he's as bad as everyone says he is, but that's an issue for another thread). My point is, regardless of what you or I happen to think of anyone personally, or whether we entirely agree with their theoretical frameworks, why not listen to them and quote them on the rare occasions when they do say something insightful?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

I'm not keen on Vicky Jo either, but I think those descriptions are decent. Anyway, she's quoting from Berens, and you can find similar descriptions in Keirsey's work. I don't think much of the multiple model approach Berens takes either, and everyone on the internet seems to hate Keirsey (I don't think he's as bad as everyone says he is, but that's an issue for another thread). My point is, regardless of what you or I happen to think of anyone personally, or whether we entirely agree with their theoretical frameworks, why not listen to them and quote them on the rare occasions when they do say something insightful?
    Let me know when they say something insightful.