• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] PSA: stop typing everyone you see as 6s

badger055

Permabanned
Seriously stop it it's annoying. It's the enneagram communities favourite thing to do is type everyone as a 6. Guess what not everyone who is aggressive is a 6. 6s aren't even known as being aggressive that's just stupid. That's nowhere in their descriptions counter phobic or not. I have yet to see a 6 going around verbally smashing everyone he sees. DJ even made a big thread about this before about how everyone wouldn't stop trying to type him as a 6.

I know 6s will project their own insecurities on to everyone else automatically and think everyone else is 6s too but the rest of you have no excuse. Try using some critical thought or logic when you type someone it works better.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hqdefault.jpg

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sixes who are more counterphobic are much more likely to question, or even rebel against authorities. They are quicker to confront others and are more prone to suspiciousness than phobic Sixes. They are more determined to be independent and resist turning to others for support. In this respect, counterphobic Sixes can resemble Eights. They try to repress their anxiety through action, and in the average Levels, can react strongly and defensively if questioned. They want to know where others stand and may aggressively provoke a response from them to find out.

In this respect, counterphobic Sixes can resemble Eights. They try to repress their anxiety through action, and in the average Levels, can react strongly and defensively if questioned. They want to know where others stand and may aggressively provoke a response from them to find out.

They try to repress their anxiety through action, and in the average Levels, can react strongly and defensively if questioned.

can react strongly and defensively if questioned.

*looks at thread*

badger055

Permabanned
*looks at thread*

Show me one counter phobic 6 who is as aggressive as an 8. That's right there are none. Being counter phobic is way overblown. They are still 6s and 6s aren't an aggressive type.

3, 7, 8 are the aggressive types

So why would you type an aggressive person as a non aggressive type? Where is the logic in that?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Show me one counter phobic 6 who is as aggressive an 8. That's right there are none. Being counter phobic is way overblown. They are still 6s and 6s aren't an aggressive type.

And 4, 6, and 8 are the reactive types (I think you mean assertive/id>aggressive btw). Nothing is as black and white as you're making it out to be. Even Enneagram 2s can be aggressive. The categorizations - assertive, compliant, and withdrawn - are basically just umbrella terms containing different sets of qualities, like any personality type ever.

So why would you type an aggressive person as a non aggressive type? Where is the logic in that?

Because non-assertive types can be aggressive as well. And no one just sticks to one image, personality traits in people rest on a spectrum and fluctuate depending on the situation.

And why do you react so strongly when people think you're a different type? You obviously cared enough to make a thread about it. :shrug: When I was typed as ESFP or 2w3 or other things you didn't see me complaining.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I agree with this. It seems like if no one can figure out a person's type, then the go-to type is 6, and that gets pretty old.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Agree with OP.

I know 6s will project their own insecurities on to everyone else automatically and think everyone else is 6s too

Actually it's been surprisingly hard to identify fellow 6s IRL given the supposed ubiquity of us. I know some, certainly, but not that many. And definitely not as many as the internet would lead one to believe. I'd wager I know more 9s at the very least, and maybe even more 3s.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Show me one counter phobic 6 who is as aggressive as an 8. That's right there are none. Being counter phobic is way overblown. They are still 6s and 6s aren't an aggressive type.

That's bullshit. Many counter-phobic 6's are as aggressive as 8's. Take Eminem for example or Hitler.

badger055

Permabanned
And 4, 6, and 8 are the reactive types (I think you mean assertive/id>aggressive btw). Nothing is as black and white as you're making it out to be. Even Enneagram 2s can be aggressive. The categorizations - assertive, compliant, and withdrawn - are basically just umbrella terms containing different sets of qualities, like any personality type ever.
Actually it as simple as that. You will never see an enneagram 2 be an aggressive mean person.

Because non-assertive types can be aggressive as well. And no one just sticks to one image, personality traits in people rest on a spectrum and fluctuate depending on the situation.
They might be able to for a little bit but that's not their natural state. You can't just pretend you're another type and take on those qualities forever.

And why do you react so strongly when people think you're a different type? You obviously cared enough to make a thread about it. :shrug: When I was typed as ESFP or 2w3 or other things you didn't see me complaining.

Because I have an aggressive type and it's annoying when misinformed people won't shut their loud mouths. My type isn't up for debate anymore I already figured it out a long time ago. I have known I'm an ISTP for years now and have interacted with a ton of other ISTPs I think I would know if I was a different type. I don't need advice from people who know less than me.

That's bullshit. Many counter-phobic 6's are as aggressive as 8's. Take Eminem for example or Hitler.

Eminem is a 7w8. Again he gets typed that because he is aggressive and everyone here thinks anyone aggressive is a 6. No he's a 7w8.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually it as simple as that. You will never see an enneagram 2 be an aggressive mean person.

Okay, then my advice to you is to get out of the Ti-Ni loop constantly feeding you information YOU perceive to be true internally and actually get out there and get some real life experience. If you don't think any E2s will be aggressive or mean people you either don't know enough of them on an intimate level or the ones you know you have mistyped.

Hell, even E2 CHARACTERS can be aggressive people:

37zr9inkqdfp21wifd6p.png

^that's for [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]. :alttongue:

They might be able to for a little bit but that's not their natural state. You can't just pretend you're another type and take on those qualities forever.

Actually, it is in an E6's nature to go back and forth between phobic and counterphobic responses. Some favor one over the other. And it's not just E6s. Here's an except of an E2's integration point or "soul child" from Maitri:

Behind the loving, giving and helpful outer facade of a Two lies a competitive, jealous and spiteful little Four-ish soul child. Twos try to present themselves as sweet and kind, self-sacrificing, humble, all of which can be seen as very much a reaction to the darker tendencies of their soul child. This is a little boy who wants to scream "I hate you!" to the other little boy who got the teacher or mommy's attention, pull his hair and tell him how awful he is and how stupid he is too.

There's not just one side to every type. Each type has different qualities, varying at different levels. Everything lies on a spectrum. Not one quality is exclusive to a certain type, minus the "core fear" (in the E-Gram at least).

Because I have an aggressive type and it's annoying when misinformed people won't shut their loud mouths. My type isn't up for debate anymore I already figured it out a long time ago. I have known I'm an ISTP for years now and have interacted with a ton of other ISTPs I think I would know if I was a different type. I don't need advice from people who know less than me.

I agree with ISTP but, again, get out of the Ti-Ni loop. :shrug: No offense, but I think you're more misinformed than the other people here. Not saying my word is all but don't act like yours is either.

L

LadyLazarus

*groans* I no longer wish to be this tritype.

Edit: Fuck why did I have to be the one who got this piece of shit to two pages?

badger055

Permabanned
Okay, then my advice to you is to get out of the Ti-Ni loop constantly feeding you information YOU perceive to be true internally and actually get out there and get some real life experience. If you don't think any E2s will be aggressive or mean people you either don't know enough of them on an intimate level or the ones you know you have mistyped.

Hell, even E2 CHARACTERS can be aggressive people:

^that's for [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]. :alttongue:

Actually, it is in an E6's nature to go back and forth between phobic and counterphobic responses. Some favor one over the other. And it's not just E6s. Here's an except of an E2's integration point or "soul child" from Maitri:

There's not just one side to every type. Each type has different qualities, varying at different levels. Everything lies on a spectrum. Not one quality is exclusive to a certain type, minus the "core fear" (in the E-Gram at least).

I agree with ISTP but, again, get out of the Ti-Ni loop. :shrug: No offense, but I think you're more misinformed than the other people here. Not saying my word is all but don't act like yours is either.

This doesn't even make sense. Why would I be Ti-Ni looping? You do know it's Se that's aggressive right? You were complaining about my Se traits a second ago. Sounds like you are just spurting out the little knowledge you have of ISTPs to defend yourself which is TI NI LOOP.

Lets be honest you guys know nothing about ISTPs. There are no ISTPs here I might as well be an alien. You guys live in some delusional intuitive world where you guys reinforce each other's delusions. ISTPs are the ones constantly checking things against reality and the intuitives are the ones who don't do it enough.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Completely wrong.

My type isn't up for debate anymore I already figured it out a long time ago. I have known I'm an ISTP for years now and have interacted with a ton of other ISTPs I think I would know if I was a different type.

Wasn't this about your enneagram type?

I don't need advice from people who know less than me.

How bout people who know more than you?

Eminem is a 7w8. Again he gets typed that because he is aggressive and everyone here thinks anyone aggressive is a 6. No he's a 7w8.

:rotfl:

You could say that about Tupac, and I might listen to you.

But Eminen is just about the most obvious cp 6w5 there is.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This doesn't even make sense. Why would I be Ti-Ni looping? You do know it's Se that's aggressive right? You were complaining about my Se traits a second ago. Sounds like you are just spurting out the little knowledge you have of ISTPs to defend yourself which is TI NI LOOP.

Lets be honest you guys know nothing about ISTPs. There are no ISTPs here I might as well be an alien. You guys live in some delusional intuitive world where you guys reinforce each other's delusions. ISTPs are the ones constantly checking things against reality and the intuitives are the ones who don't do it enough.

Too bad you didn't check enough to know that there are and have been plenty of ISTPs here.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This doesn't even make sense. Why would I be Ti-Ni looping?

These types are socially incompetent for lack of trying, because they see little to no value in significant interaction with others. Without any real external input, these two functions will dream up all sorts of elaborate systems and implications for them. Frequent disregard for rules, laws and other forms of behavioral standards is common, as no function provides any significant sense of external influence.

^sounds like what you're going through to me. My personal opinion though.

You do know it's Se that's aggressive right?

Extraverted Sensing: Experiencing the immediate context; taking action in the physical world; noticing changes and opportunities for action; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognizing "what is." Noticing what was available, trying on different items, and seeing how they look.

^I see nothing about being aggressive here.

You were complaining about my Se traits a second ago.

No I wasn't. You just seem to think I am complaining about your supposed "Se" traits.

:D You keep on thinking that bub. I don't see you checking things against reality at all (save, confirmation bias) but alright.

badger055

Permabanned
Completely wrong.

Wasn't this about your enneagram type?

How bout people who know more than you?

:rotfl:

You could say that about Tupac, and I might listen to you.

But Eminen is just about the most obvious cp 6w5 there is.

Sorry guy but I won't be responding to you. 6s always think everyone else is a 6 too. Can't have a rational discussion like that.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sorry guy but I won't be responding to you. 6s always think everyone else is a 6 too. Can't have a rational discussion like that.

lol he didn't even say you were a 6 in that post. who's the delusional one again - you or the intuitives?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I have yet to see a 6 going around verbally smashing everyone he sees.

*cough cough*

Could someone please provide him a link to the "What social awkwardness is not" thread.

I can't, as I was banned from it due to my aggression.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Never said you were a 6.

Where's that brilliant reality-checking you supposedly employ?