User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    The Triad is just one of many ways to slice up the types. To say that 6s cannot be aggressive, even though they're not part of the Aggressive category, is akin to claiming that e.g. Thinkers don't 'feel.'

Or, perhaps, also to claiming that a Gut type can't use the Head. Though, thankfully, I've never heard that sort of claim.

For the broader discussion on the 6 type, there are a lot of legitimate reasons to type someone as a 6. But it's too often used as a pejorative, along the lines of how Sensing (and Si in particular) is.
    Sure they could be aggressive for a little bit if they wanted to but so could any type. It still doesn't make sense to make 6 the official go to aggressive type when it's not even an aggressive type. There are a lot of 6s on this board do ANY of them seem aggressive to you? No of course not because 6s aren't naturally aggressive.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    6s are the most common type
    Are they?

I didn't know that. And am not finding much evidence of that when I briefly Google'd it either.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    yupp

why does this matter? I'm seriously don't understand, why. Is it like the SJ thing in the past? where everyone typed everyone SJ who they thought were stupid (does that still happen?)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    why does this matter? I'm seriously don't understand, why. Is it like the SJ thing in the past? where everyone typed everyone SJ who they thought were stupid (does that still happen?)
    Being reactive can look like aggressive. I think sometimes it can seem like just because someone is "reactive" they're labeled a E6. I don't like that.

But I have to say, I'm the most aggressive person out of all my friends and coworkers. With the exception of the 2 E8's I know, who are 10x more aggressive than me...

I think it might be a little misleading to type someone as a E6 just cause they're aggressive. And its because they're not to the extent that 8's are.

It's the difference between proactive aggression, and reactive aggression. IMO they're very different from one another.

Freedom isn't free.
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    10w12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Sure they could be aggressive for a little bit if they wanted to but so could any type. It still doesn't make sense to make 6 the official go to aggressive type when it's not even an aggressive type. There are a lot of 6s on this board do ANY of them seem aggressive to you? No of course not because 6s aren't naturally aggressive.
    I'm amazed you can say that after having @Zarathustra in your thread. Like he said, he's definitely one of the most aggressive people on this forum.

Also, whether DJ is an 8 or 6 doesn't matter. But the people that are more clearly 8s on this forum (@YWIR for example) actually are not as aggressive/evil/mean as you make them out to be.

Also lol everyone on this forum has basically heard of those triads. Old news.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Being reactive can look like aggressive. I think sometimes it can seem like just because someone is "reactive" they're labeled a E6. I don't like that.

But I have to say, I'm the most aggressive person out of all my friends and coworkers. With the exception of the 2 E8's I know, who are 10x more aggressive than me...

I think it might be a little misleading to type someone as a E6 just cause they're aggressive. And its because they're not to the extent that 8's are.

It's the difference between proactive aggression, and reactive aggression. IMO they're very different from one another.
    hmmm...ok, I can see the problem if people type you as 6 and you put in your profile (yes I'm guilty, don't string me) but if someone simply says you're a 6 and you go no i'm not, and don't do anything. then what's the harm. Also for me I've been typed everything except 8 by people on here. and the same people will change my type on me, which is why I have a question mark, because I can select traits from all the types and convince that type is me. So for now my type is ? So I guess my point is, i can be agressive, in a reactive way, like I'm not agressive unless i feel attacked. But I don't beat up people just because I feel like it. But I know I'm not a 6. but in the past everyone was typed a 4 or a 5 on here. It's like waves, people think one thing, then later think another. that's just life in general. it's why people switch political parties so much
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    hmmm...ok, I can see the problem if people type you as 6 and you put in your profile (yes I'm guilty, don't string me) but if someone simply says you're a 6 and you go no i'm not, and don't do anything. then what's the harm. Also for me I've been typed everything except 8 by people on here. and the same people will change my type on me, which is why I have a question mark, because I can select traits from all the types and convince that type is me. So for now my type is ? So I guess my point is, i can be agressive, in a reactive way, like I'm not agressive unless i feel attacked. But I don't beat up people just because I feel like it. But I know I'm not a 6. but in the past everyone was typed a 4 or a 5 on here. It's like waves, people think one thing, then later think another. that's just life in general. it's why people switch political parties so much
    I'm only assuming here....but it seems like maybe badger...has well...been badgered about his type lol.

So yea, things can change like the waves do... but some people don't like to be given an unsolicited typing.

It would be like someone saying you're a republican (even though you identify with the democratic party) just because you own a gun. When in reality many people own guns, for many purposes, no matter what their political stance is.

Freedom isn't free.
    10w12

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I'm only assuming here....but it seems like maybe badger...has well...been badgered about his type lol.

So yea, things can change like the waves do... but some people don't like to be given an unsolicited typing.

It would be like someone saying you're a republican (even though you identify with the democratic party) just because you own a gun. When in reality many people own guns, for many purposes, no matter what their political stance is.
    yeah and people say you're something enough times you might begin to think that, and then you lose your idenity. which can cause problems, and sometimes you have to be like NO! and force your brain out of the web of lies others have created for you (something I'm doing now, I'll spare you the details, as it's boring)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Here is some further enneagram education for you guys.

Enneagram Types 1, 2 and 6 - Compliant Types
    Enneagram Types 7, 8 and 3 - Aggressive Types
    Enneagram Types 4, 5 and 9 - Withdrawn Types

The Compliant Type - those who move toward people
    The Aggressive Type - those who move against people
    The Detached Type - those who move away from people

Enneagram Type 2 - moving toward people
    Enneagram Type 8 - moving against people
    Enneagram Type 5 - moving away from people

This is called Karen Horneys Triad if you would like to read up further on it.
    This is all common knowledge.

Not impressing anybody.

Sure they could be aggressive for a little bit if they wanted to but so could any type. It still doesn't make sense to make 6 the official go to aggressive type when it's not even an aggressive type.
    First off, no one is doing this.

Second, there are absolutely "aggressive" members on here who no one ever types as a 6 (think: Discobiscuit).

Third, if you actually had deeper knowledge of the enneagram, you'd know there are three types of sixes - one of which is not aggressive at all (they are actually called passive), and two of which are aggressive (one moderately so, and one highly so).

There are a lot of 6s on this board do ANY of them seem aggressive to you? No of course not because 6s aren't naturally aggressive.
    Just blatantly false, both theoretically, and in practice.

Of the three most aggressive members on this board, two are verified 6s (me and Marm), and all three likely are 6s (Salome).

You need to actually read some enneagram books, not just whatever free information you can find on the internet.

Your knowledge of the enneagram is clearly very superficial and lacking.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Of the three most aggressive members on this board, two are verified 6s (me and Marm), and all three likely are 6s (Salome).
    You are reactive not aggressive and you owe that more to your heavy 8 influence. I have never even noticed you or those other guys posting in my life until now. When 7w8s or 8w7s post it's like a bomb going off that's real aggression. See ozones, azure flame, halla, me. The typical 6 is compliant the majority of the time because it's a compliant type and less so with a heavy 8 influence. Don't pretend like your 8 influence is because of your 6 traits.