Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Animal
    3. A 6 is not more likely to deny their type than anyone else. I understand projection but there are reasons for various types to deny their typing. 1s and 5s are less likely to deny it, though they can also mistype. Most other types will come up with reasons to mistype. For type 2, 3, 4 they believe they are their image, so if that doesn't match their type description they will mistype. For 6s it's projection, 7s don't want to admit what's wrong with them. Real 8s who keep calm and stay in control won't relate to the overly aggressive descriptions. 9s mold with others and don't look inward. And so forth. 1s mistype as 5s a lot and 5s mistype sometimes because they are not as isolated as described; they have lines to 7 and 8 and have friends and can laugh in public and so forth.
    this holds true of most Self Preservation 8s, but Sexual 8s have much louder, more overtly aggressive personalities. also, it depends on the level of health/maturity. mature 8s are more calm/controlled, but immature 8s can easily be over-aggressive dicks/bull-in-a-China-shop

4. The word "intense" SHOULD be attributed to 6 instead of 8. 8s have an intense physical presence and directed rage, and their 'presence of mind' / here-and-nowness ?? in general can be intense. But it is 6s who are most intense in the eyes. Their eyes are the eye of a storm of thoughts spinning around. Look in the eyes of Amy Lee, Matt Bellamy. Music written by 6's is CONSTANT STREAM OF INTENSITY because that is a mirror of what their minds look like. The dynamics and cadences might change but the intensity DOES NOT wax and wane, it is ever present. This is why 6's mistype as 8s and 4s - because descriptions never pay homage to their very obvious intensity. 6s know they are intense, mentally intense, too intense. They can see what their own eyes look like in photos and they know of the intensity in their minds. Since descriptions simply focus on their fears and shortcomings, and don't tend to cover intensity except for 8s, 5s and 4s and SX types - 6s may end up mistyping as 5s, 8s or 4s. This honest and likely mistake should not be mistaken for projection.
    I think Sx doms and reactive types in general when I think "intense". 1s and 2s can be pretty intense too.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Show me one counter phobic 6 who is as aggressive as an 8. That's right there are none. Being counter phobic is way overblown. They are still 6s and 6s aren't an aggressive type.
    3, 7, 8 are the aggressive types
    So why would you type an aggressive person as a non aggressive type? Where is the logic in that?
    since Hitler and Eninem have already been mentioned
    - 50 Cent
    - Mike Tyson
    - Ivan the Terrible
    - Milla Jovovich
    - @Marmotini
    - @Speed Gavroche

fictional
    - Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
    - Walter White/"Heisenberg" (Breaking Bad)
    - Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones)
    - Michonne (The Walking Dead)
    ....don't even get me started on anime examples XD
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

@Elfboy
    Yeah it's true, a lot of types can be intense - but 6 should be on that list, if the word "intense" is to be used in descriptions at all.

Also about 8s - I believe you. I have yet to meet an SX 8, as far as I know. The 8s I know IRL are Sp or So.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    since Hitler and Eninem have already been mentioned
    - 50 Cent
    - Mike Tyson
    - Ivan the Terrible
    - Milla Jovovich
    - @Marmotini
    - @Speed Gavroche

fictional
    - Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
    - Walter White/"Heisenberg" (Breaking Bad)
    - Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones)
    - Michonne (The Walking Dead)
    ....don't even get me started on anime examples XD
    Wow pseudo science at it's best those are all wrong. You do know mike tyson is a hedonist right? Hedonism is a 7 trait not a 6 trait. It's like in your world anyone who is aggressive must be doing it out of insecurity. That is not logic. It must be cause you have a 6 wing and you are projecting like the rest of the 6s.

Also let me remind you 3, 7, 8 are the aggressive types

6s are not an aggressive type

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. You can't just create your own version of the enneagram.

Let me know when you start using logic and you might actually start being worth talking to.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Wow pseudo science at it's best those are all wrong. You do know mike tyson is a hedonist right? Hedonism is a 7 trait not a 6 trait. It's like in your world anyone who is aggressive must be doing it out of insecurity. That is not logic. It must be cause you have a 6 wing and you are projecting like the rest of the 6s.

Also let me remind you 3, 7, 8 are the aggressive types

6s are not an aggressive type

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. You can't just create your own version of the enneagram.

Let me know when you start using logic and you might actually start being worth talking to.
    What amazing projecting "logic".

MBTI
    yupp

In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Haha.

Seriously stop it it's annoying. It's the enneagram communities favourite thing to do is type everyone as a 6. Guess what not everyone who is aggressive is a 6. 6s aren't even known as being aggressive that's just stupid. That's nowhere in their descriptions counter phobic or not. I have yet to see a 6 going around verbally smashing everyone he sees. DJ even made a big thread about this before about how everyone wouldn't stop trying to type him as a 6.

I know 6s will project their own insecurities on to everyone else automatically and think everyone else is 6s too but the rest of you have no excuse. Try using some critical thought or logic when you type someone it works better.
    Why would one automatically assume being counterphobic = aggressive?

But lol, I doubt there is a lot of people who would want to be identified as a 6, counterphobic or not.

Permabanned

Here is some further enneagram education for you guys.

Enneagram Types 1, 2 and 6 - Compliant Types
    Enneagram Types 7, 8 and 3 - Aggressive Types
    Enneagram Types 4, 5 and 9 - Withdrawn Types

The Compliant Type - those who move toward people
    The Aggressive Type - those who move against people
    The Detached Type - those who move away from people

Enneagram Type 2 - moving toward people
    Enneagram Type 8 - moving against people
    Enneagram Type 5 - moving away from people

This is called Karen Horneys Triad if you would like to read up further on it.

garbage

The Triad is just one of many ways to slice up the types. To say that 6s cannot be aggressive, even though they're not part of the Aggressive category, is akin to claiming that e.g. Thinkers don't 'feel.'

Or, perhaps, also to claiming that a Gut type can't use the Head. Though, thankfully, I've never heard that sort of claim.

For the broader discussion on the 6 type, there are a lot of legitimate reasons to type someone as a 6. But it's too often used as a pejorative, along the lines of how Sensing (and Si in particular) is.