• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] PSA: stop typing everyone you see as 6s

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with the OP, but am laughing at all the tough guy flexing that's happening in this thread.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree with the OP, but am laughing at all the tough guy flexing that's happening in this thread.

tumblr_lfput296ae1qasjkvo1_500.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Seriously

It's like

do u even lift bro
speaking of liftiing I carried a mattress by myself to the curb the other week, quite proud of myself. Don't consider to yourself, that it was a twin size one

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The section on 6s is excellent.

Surpassed only by the sections on 6s in Molina's book.

Glad you liked it.

It's Riso & Hudson's best book.

Not as deep or as groundbreaking as the two above, but excellent portraits of the types at different health levels.

It did give great descriptions of the states of health, but I also remember learning about how each type actually "moves through" all the other types. Something along the lines that all the types except 3,6, and 9 moved through the shadows of each type at a steady gradual rate. Where on the other hand 3, 6, and 9 made significant "leaps" between the experience of all 9 types. Just thought it was interesting.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION] I thought 9w8 because you are a lot like a friend of mine but now I think 8w9

To be fair, 6s are the most common type and there should be more of them here than there are. It's like a game, who is the secret 6? However I don't think finger pointing improves the quality of discussion here, so I've been trying to do it less.
I agree with your last statement, but where does the literature say 6s are the most common type? That appears to be a myth invented on another forum to get people to consider the type for themselves.

PS, how am I like your friend?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I agree with your last statement, but where does the literature say 6s are the most common type? That appears to be a myth invented on another forum to get people to consider the type for themselves.

PS, how am I like your friend?

Ehhh I remember reading it on some website somewhere a long time ago and I see no reason in my own experience to doubt it. I don't think it was from a forum originally, but every forum seems to agree.

He's really easy going and it's very difficult to push his buttons but if I ever do, I get a friendly reminder not to. Whenever he actually is mad about something there's no sense that he's out of control, he just gets a bit louder. That's pretty rare though.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ehhh I remember reading it on some website somewhere a long time ago and I see no reason in my own experience to doubt it. I don't think it was from a forum originally, but every forum seems to agree.

He's really easy going and it's very difficult to push his buttons but if I ever do, I get a friendly reminder not to. Whenever he actually is mad about something there's no sense that he's out of control, he just gets a bit louder. That's pretty rare though.

I think I remember reading somewhere that it was because 6 sounded like a "normal" or "common" person, whatever that is suppose to mean and in that society is more/less based on a 6 way of thinking.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Mistyping is part of the journey. I also find it funny that people are so offended when they think a 6 is mistyping, but if a 4 or 8 is mistyped at another number nobody cares?

On perC, I mistyped as 5w4, 3w4, and 8w7, lol, before I finally got to 4w3. When I was typed at 8w7, people were up my ass constantly. I couldn't write a post - about an unrelated topic, even - without being told "OMG this is SOOooOOO not 8ish!" and sometimes ripped apart on a personal level. Like "youre not strong enough / cool enough/ etc." As if 8ness was some deity club that I wasn't "enough" to be part of. The thing is I'm not taking this personally - they did the same to many people on 8 forum, especially women, and some of whom are most likely real 8s.

I have never been offended by a typing suggestion- I'm just offended by the presumption that I typed that way "to be cool" or because I think I'm super-human. I'm offended that being typed at 8 is a reason to insult someone, see if they can take it, and then no matter what they do, it isnt 8 enough. If you say nothing you're a wuss and must be a 4, if you argue back you're not cool enough and too defensive and must be a 6, if you are funny and sarcastic you must be a 7 because 8s can't think, didn't ye know?

When I mistyped at 3w4, most people disagreed with my typing, but nobody bothered me. I un-typed at 3 after a few weeks and then people told me, "I knew you weren't a 3." But nobody cared to annoy the hell out of me, rip me to shreds, insult me and tell me I wasn't good enough when I was mistyped. O'really?

How odd.

I also received a lot of 8 suggestions while I was typed at 5, but I was very new to PerC at the time and realized pretty quickly I wasn't a 5. Still - I find it funny that I received so many 8 suggestions - even from other 8s - and then the minute I typed at 8 half the forum made it their mission to cut me down and reveal my lack of 8ness. *laughs*

Anyway - people eventually left me alone because they didn't want to deal with me. I took the attention on the 8 forum as a complement and sometimes fired back with tert-Te fiest, ripping up their points on a theoretical basis (though I did not "defend" my typing, ever - I simply showed why they were off base ) - and people became so annoyed by their lack of ability to tear me down, that they left me alone. At that point I started exploring real issues and many many people started suggesting 4, until I finally saw it, and it could not be 'unseen' - and I accepted it. This is why I suggest - if you want to make suggestions it's one thing, but leave someone room to explore the type they think they are. If their journey is honest they will realize their type when they're ready.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Baahhaha. Yes this is so true. What is that common type nonsense? Is that why 8s, 4s and 5s are speshul snowflakes? Gimme break :p

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also received a lot of 8 suggestions while I was typed at 5, but I was very new to PerC at the time and realized pretty quickly I wasn't a 5. Still - I find it funny that I received so many 8 suggestions - even from other 8s - and then the minute I typed at 8 half the forum made it their mission to cut me down and reveal my lack of 8ness. *laughs*

It's almost like it is some sort of an initiation process in the 8 forum that says you need to prove your 8ness. It kind of ties into this thread because as always most people are labeled a 6. I don't know about how other types feel but a lot of proclaimed 8s seem to be proud of their type, so being told they are 6 is the ultimate way to troll them. I can't stand reading the 8 forum, most of the posts sicken me so I pretty much stopped going in.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
since Hitler and Eninem have already been mentioned
- 50 Cent
- Mike Tyson
- Ivan the Terrible
- Milla Jovovich
- [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]

fictional
- Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
- Walter White/"Heisenberg" (Breaking Bad)
- Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones)
- Michonne (The Walking Dead)
....don't even get me started on anime examples XD

Yes.

Though I agree that people tend too much to mistype people as 6. But they alos fail to identify true 6s.