Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

When did I say you were?

Didn't say it did...

Just said your avatar is very 6ish...
    Ah, well given that you placed the lines as you did, with the wording you did, it appeared to insinuate you thought I was a 6. You knew that, because you're a very shrewd individual.

As in, the look on the guy's face is the classic 6 look.
    Well, he's thoughtful. The character was an 8 however...I believe the actor was an 8 as well. Triple reactive, like me. One of the reasons he's my mascot.

Suit yourself.

I just feel like 2/3 of your posts I've read mention your always being (mis)typed a 6.

And that might be part of the reason.

That may be it. It was a rather significant event in my online life, where people literally let blows come to blows over the little number under my avatar. Deserves comment, I'd say--I disdain such online hypocrisy. That, and I want to prevent someone else from going down that road.

You may be reading the wrong posts, too...I doubt I've mentioned that story more than 10-15 times out of a total of what, 500+ posts now?

PS, I like you back. You've got a sense of humor that reminds me of my father's (he's also the same tritype as you. Funny, these patterns.)

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Interesting.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    ...you're a very shrewd individual.
    Well, you got somethin right

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Well, you got somethin right

I got more right than you're willing to admit.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I think 3s would recognize when their attempts to influence or convince people are blatantly failing though.

As far as the OP is concerned, you can be whatever you like, I don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I doubt that... 3s are typically obsessed with "impression management". Some may sorely lack in self-awareness but most seem to be acutely aware about the impression they are trying to convey and whether or not it's working. I would argue that they tend to try to play up the "coolness" factor rather than necessarily being "bad-ass".
    Oh look you guys are using logic I'm so proud *wipes tear*

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    But the problem with that is that if Chanaynay is right and he really does hate 6's...then the OP in itself is proven wrong.

Cause everyone knows in enneagram you most likely are what grates you...(the majority of the time. lol)
    oh no what happened to the logic

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post

oh no what happened to the logic
    Did you read the sentences before that? lol This was meant in jest, silly rabbit!

I already stated my opinion. I am inclined to agree with what you're saying in the OP. I know nothing of your personality...

Furthermore the validity of the idea that you've presented has nothing to do with your personality imo.

Merely pointing out the another side of things. I like to keep things balanced. Sorry to offend.
    Last edited by Evolving Transparency; 04-02-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I don't think @badger055 is a 6

@Sanjuro I thought 9w8 because you are a lot like a friend of mine but now I think 8w9

To be fair, 6s are the most common type and there should be more of them here than there are. It's like a game, who is the secret 6? However I don't think finger pointing improves the quality of discussion here, so I've been trying to do it less.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@badger055
    You will never see an enneagram 2 be an aggressive mean person.
    you seem to be forgetting that 2s have a line to 8. the instinctual themes for 2 are as follows
    Self Preservation 2: Egocentrism/Privilege
    Social 2: Ambition
    Sexual 2: Aggression/Seduction
    ^plenty of room for aggression no matter which subtype you're looking at.

some of the biggest bitches/douchebags I've ever met have been E2
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

1. Enneagram is about compulsive defense strategies. While behavior can indicate this, a simple category like "aggressive" is not sufficient to figure out an enneatype. Any type can have an aggressive or assertive side. Even 9s - I have seen an angry 9, it's not pretty.

2. 6 is overtyped and misunderstood. My theory is that the reason people take 6 suggestions as an insult, and spew them to others as an insult, is because people fear or hate what they can't understand. Type 6 is a complicated type. They are often creative, cryptic, and thinking on many levels at once. I've never met anyone more complicated than a 6. 4's are self-expressive but 6's are creative - sometimes more creative than 4s, because they are driven to push boundaries and challenge systems, whereas 4s are more driven to self-express. A 4's creative work is often autobiographical whereas a 6's comes from the mind and a slew of thoughts that no one else can figure out. So the 6 typing becomes an insult in such communities where the masses simply CANNOT GRASP THEIR COMPLEXITY, whereas, offline, when a 6 encounters enneagram and types herself, she feels just as relieved as any person who understands more about themselves via enneagram.

3. A 6 is not more likely to deny their type than anyone else. I understand projection but there are reasons for various types to deny their typing. 1s and 5s are less likely to deny it, though they can also mistype. Most other types will come up with reasons to mistype. For type 2, 3, 4 they believe they are their image, so if that doesn't match their type description they will mistype. For 6s it's projection, 7s don't want to admit what's wrong with them. Real 8s who keep calm and stay in control won't relate to the overly aggressive descriptions. 9s mold with others and don't look inward. And so forth. 1s mistype as 5s a lot and 5s mistype sometimes because they are not as isolated as described; they have lines to 7 and 8 and have friends and can laugh in public and so forth.

4. The word "intense" SHOULD be attributed to 6 instead of 8. 8s have an intense physical presence and directed rage, and their 'presence of mind' / here-and-nowness ?? in general can be intense. But it is 6s who are most intense in the eyes. Their eyes are the eye of a storm of thoughts spinning around. Look in the eyes of Amy Lee, Matt Bellamy. Music written by 6's is CONSTANT STREAM OF INTENSITY because that is a mirror of what their minds look like. The dynamics and cadences might change but the intensity DOES NOT wax and wane, it is ever present. This is why 6's mistype as 8s and 4s - because descriptions never pay homage to their very obvious intensity. 6s know they are intense, mentally intense, too intense. They can see what their own eyes look like in photos and they know of the intensity in their minds. Since descriptions simply focus on their fears and shortcomings, and don't tend to cover intensity except for 8s, 5s and 4s and SX types - 6s may end up mistyping as 5s, 8s or 4s. This honest and likely mistake should not be mistaken for projection.

Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    That's bullshit. Many counter-phobic 6's are as aggressive as 8's. Take Eminem for example or Hitler.
    I think so too. I used to know a cp6w7 so/sx and he was waaaay violent. Basically if his ego felt threatened. He was very sensitive, an emotional wreck, to say the least. He reacted in bursts of violence, threats and screaming. But he had lots of parental issues, I think. I still hate him though. What's more everyone seemed to like him, maybe out of fear. Stupid people.
    4w5-9w1-5w4