User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 164

  1. #111
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    you're a 6 how am i supposed to trust anything you say??????????????

    *Truth teller*

  2. #112
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    The section on 6s is excellent.

    Surpassed only by the sections on 6s in Molina's book.


    Glad you liked it.

    It's Riso & Hudson's best book.

    Not as deep or as groundbreaking as the two above, but excellent portraits of the types at different health levels.
    It did give great descriptions of the states of health, but I also remember learning about how each type actually "moves through" all the other types. Something along the lines that all the types except 3,6, and 9 moved through the shadows of each type at a steady gradual rate. Where on the other hand 3, 6, and 9 made significant "leaps" between the experience of all 9 types. Just thought it was interesting.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  3. #113
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    @Sanjuro I thought 9w8 because you are a lot like a friend of mine but now I think 8w9

    To be fair, 6s are the most common type and there should be more of them here than there are. It's like a game, who is the secret 6? However I don't think finger pointing improves the quality of discussion here, so I've been trying to do it less.
    I agree with your last statement, but where does the literature say 6s are the most common type? That appears to be a myth invented on another forum to get people to consider the type for themselves.

    PS, how am I like your friend?

  4. #114
    Blind Guardian Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I agree with your last statement, but where does the literature say 6s are the most common type? That appears to be a myth invented on another forum to get people to consider the type for themselves.

    PS, how am I like your friend?
    Ehhh I remember reading it on some website somewhere a long time ago and I see no reason in my own experience to doubt it. I don't think it was from a forum originally, but every forum seems to agree.

    He's really easy going and it's very difficult to push his buttons but if I ever do, I get a friendly reminder not to. Whenever he actually is mad about something there's no sense that he's out of control, he just gets a bit louder. That's pretty rare though.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

  5. #115
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Ehhh I remember reading it on some website somewhere a long time ago and I see no reason in my own experience to doubt it. I don't think it was from a forum originally, but every forum seems to agree.

    He's really easy going and it's very difficult to push his buttons but if I ever do, I get a friendly reminder not to. Whenever he actually is mad about something there's no sense that he's out of control, he just gets a bit louder. That's pretty rare though.
    I think I remember reading somewhere that it was because 6 sounded like a "normal" or "common" person, whatever that is suppose to mean and in that society is more/less based on a 6 way of thinking.

  6. #116
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    I retyped my boyfriend as a 6. He didn't like it either.

  7. #117
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Mistyping is part of the journey. I also find it funny that people are so offended when they think a 6 is mistyping, but if a 4 or 8 is mistyped at another number nobody cares?

    On perC, I mistyped as 5w4, 3w4, and 8w7, lol, before I finally got to 4w3. When I was typed at 8w7, people were up my ass constantly. I couldn't write a post - about an unrelated topic, even - without being told "OMG this is SOOooOOO not 8ish!" and sometimes ripped apart on a personal level. Like "youre not strong enough / cool enough/ etc." As if 8ness was some deity club that I wasn't "enough" to be part of. The thing is I'm not taking this personally - they did the same to many people on 8 forum, especially women, and some of whom are most likely real 8s.

    I have never been offended by a typing suggestion- I'm just offended by the presumption that I typed that way "to be cool" or because I think I'm super-human. I'm offended that being typed at 8 is a reason to insult someone, see if they can take it, and then no matter what they do, it isnt 8 enough. If you say nothing you're a wuss and must be a 4, if you argue back you're not cool enough and too defensive and must be a 6, if you are funny and sarcastic you must be a 7 because 8s can't think, didn't ye know?

    When I mistyped at 3w4, most people disagreed with my typing, but nobody bothered me. I un-typed at 3 after a few weeks and then people told me, "I knew you weren't a 3." But nobody cared to annoy the hell out of me, rip me to shreds, insult me and tell me I wasn't good enough when I was mistyped. O'really?

    How odd.


    I also received a lot of 8 suggestions while I was typed at 5, but I was very new to PerC at the time and realized pretty quickly I wasn't a 5. Still - I find it funny that I received so many 8 suggestions - even from other 8s - and then the minute I typed at 8 half the forum made it their mission to cut me down and reveal my lack of 8ness. *laughs*

    Anyway - people eventually left me alone because they didn't want to deal with me. I took the attention on the 8 forum as a complement and sometimes fired back with tert-Te fiest, ripping up their points on a theoretical basis (though I did not "defend" my typing, ever - I simply showed why they were off base ) - and people became so annoyed by their lack of ability to tear me down, that they left me alone. At that point I started exploring real issues and many many people started suggesting 4, until I finally saw it, and it could not be 'unseen' - and I accepted it. This is why I suggest - if you want to make suggestions it's one thing, but leave someone room to explore the type they think they are. If their journey is honest they will realize their type when they're ready.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  8. #118
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I agree with your last statement, but where does the literature say 6s are the most common type? That appears to be a myth invented on another forum to get people to consider the type for themselves.
    Baahhaha. Yes this is so true. What is that common type nonsense? Is that why 8s, 4s and 5s are speshul snowflakes? Gimme break :P
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  9. #119
    Senior Member TreeBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I also received a lot of 8 suggestions while I was typed at 5, but I was very new to PerC at the time and realized pretty quickly I wasn't a 5. Still - I find it funny that I received so many 8 suggestions - even from other 8s - and then the minute I typed at 8 half the forum made it their mission to cut me down and reveal my lack of 8ness. *laughs*
    It's almost like it is some sort of an initiation process in the 8 forum that says you need to prove your 8ness. It kind of ties into this thread because as always most people are labeled a 6. I don't know about how other types feel but a lot of proclaimed 8s seem to be proud of their type, so being told they are 6 is the ultimate way to troll them. I can't stand reading the 8 forum, most of the posts sicken me so I pretty much stopped going in.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

    ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

  10. #120
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    since Hitler and Eninem have already been mentioned
    - 50 Cent
    - Mike Tyson
    - Ivan the Terrible
    - Milla Jovovich
    - @Marmotini
    - @Speed Gavroche

    fictional
    - Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
    - Walter White/"Heisenberg" (Breaking Bad)
    - Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones)
    - Michonne (The Walking Dead)
    ....don't even get me started on anime examples XD
    Yes.

    Though I agree that people tend too much to mistype people as 6. But they alos fail to identify true 6s.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] ISTPs, do you actually want to kill everyone you see or do you just look like it?
    By Elfboy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 11:32 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 06:43 PM
  3. [MBTItm] INFJs, what other types have you tested as?
    By Moiety in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 05:08 PM
  4. What other types have you tested as?
    By Giggly in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO