• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] How do you feel when taking care of your third instinct/blindspot?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Very, very sad because I'm so bad at it and it makes it so that nothing ever leads anywhere, I deeply want it to as it does in my dreams. But maybe they are farfetched. I just don't know how other people do it.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Like if we get closer, we might mutually explode. Whether I consent depends on how I feel about explosions at the time.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not only do I feel bored by sp stuff, but after doing sp things I feel like I've become more boring. It's not just dissatisfying, it's anti-satisfying -- I feel worse after the fact. The only exception is when I've been putting it off for a while, in which case it's a relief, but I still don't feel good about it.

I do find some small joys in sp things, but I'm not sure if it's for instinctual reasons or not. For example I really like doing laundry, because the entire process is calming and zen to me: sorting, folding, the smell/feel of fresh and clean clothes. Also I like cleaning as long as I can see it as a challenge/project, because then it's super gratifying when it's done.

Yeah, same here. Probably more 7-ish, but I only get motivated for sp stuff if I've gotten myself excited about how I'm gonna maintain my room or shaving my legs. I also subvert some of the stuff to sx like going to the gym to up my attractiveness. Of course every time I leave I leave feeling just great about myself, but if I am honest the main reason I go is to not let myself go and also increase how appealing I look to others.
I feel you re: applying so/sx motivation to sp. Like, "I can't wait to show this off!"

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes to all of this! ugh i'm the worst at staying connected with people. i have one friend who i think is so-dom, ENFJ 2w3, and she's awesome, but i constantly feel like i'm disappointing her. i just like can't keep up. fortunately, she like gets me, and i put forth effort to make it to enough things so she knows i still love her. but yeah, i can feel like it's really demanding sometimes, and it's so obvious that's just her natural state.

Yesssss.

Sx/Sp

I'm not sure I actively work on my SO, which is........not good, haha.

I'm bad at collecting a steady group of friends, and SUCK at team sports (though I consider myself athletic).

Networking has been a struggle all my adult life. It seems to come so naturally for some. I love people, and need more social interaction than most, but the paradox is actually SHOWING UP to social settings is a huuggge weakness. Even though when I do, it usually goes swimmingly. So in the past, jobs I've had that are social, like bartending or camp counselor or consulting, have all been good solutions because you HAVE to go to work.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Like it's too much work to deal with and that it will never come naturally (So-last).

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awkward and forced/fake, though I can be surprisingly competent at it on occasion, especially if I've had a few drinks to ease my social anxiety.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Immensely lethargic.

Last edited:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess, I don't. I don't even try. The cool thing about being sp/sx is that social shame/guilt for not trying doesn't register until somebody decides to chew you out. Otherwise I can be oblivious. My friends are people I like spending one on one time, and I kinda have people networks, but that's because I am extraverted and they're kinda an sp safety net, one with a lot of gaps, but it's kinda there.