First 123 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    What have your experiences been like?

I enjoy doing a lot of the little things associated with Sp-instinct ('cooking', doing chores, planning out meals, carefully selecting foods when grocery shopping, putting money and time to good use, etc.), although I find a lot of the more intensive Sp-related stuff intimidating. The level of engagement that I experience when doing the former could be a Te-fetish thing also, since I often end up doing a lot of that sort of stuff when I'm under stress.
    Not to derail, but these aren't necessarily Sp related. Cooking can be a 'passion' activity (ie. Sx), for example.

Personally speaking, my sister Sx-dom sister is amazing at these things. She is a major foodie.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, I could have written the post above.

Oftentimes though, as bad as it may sound, it has to do if I am the one willingly forming the group or not. If so, I can be fairly "invested".
    Oh yea, if I'm the one planning or something like that, then I'm extremely invested.

But the everyday "Hi, how was your day?" is very hard for me to immediately respond to, and get a convo going out of that. My so friends seem to need that.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

The way I take care of my Sp is by trying to actually preserve myself (which is usually very much an afterthought). This includes being prepared (cash for public transit, umbrella if it's supposed to rain, putting gas in my car, eating breakfast, etc.), actually trying to be safe(r), and not sharing my emotional self with others too quickly. I'm actually pretty bad about a lot of those things.

Looking at 4 flavored Sp specifically, I have grown a lot. My pain tolerance has grown emensely over time, and I've gained the ability to suffer (more) silently than I have in the past.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    TiNi
    Enneagram
    5 sp/so

I rarely feel the desire to get close to someone, but the few times I have, I become incredibly stressed out and dysphoric until I either: 1. act on the instinct and approach the person, or 2. rationalize enough and the feelings pass.
    When I'm not feelin the feels, I'm pretty much entirely unresponsive to attempts by other people to approach me. . .

If I do end up approaching the person.. so far, after a short period of time it has always turned to my feeling that the other person is too clingy/invasive of my personal solitude, which further stresses me out. Being asked about my whereabouts is the primary offender here. I end up backing away, growing distant, the whole fiasco just dies off quickly after that and I return to baseline.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

It's akin to that feeling when you've found something you've forgotten you had but for whatever reason you find it useful so you can't throw it out.

I tend forget how amazing sleep feels after a night out until my head hits my pillow; it's only then I realise what I was searching for wasn't so- driven or sx- driven, it's sp. I find that I can't gauge how exhausted my mind is until I close my eyes. Similar to cooking something that requires more culinary skills (well, more than dicing), it's a strange feeling, it's a blissful feeling of discovering something new and recognising what you've been missing. It's entangled with slight regret, too, questioning if I was wasting my life and why I paid little attention to what everyone considers essential to survival and then disappointment, knowing I can keep it up for a very short period before something else draws my attention.

I'm also confused when people discuss sp needs IRL, I tend to dismiss them quickly as fussy people with simple desires that can be ignored or met very easily.
    Night is another candle

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Sx/Sp.

I develop my So in some forums only
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i like actually having a group of friends that i feel comfortable with, although it's rare and usually pretty small. i'm interested in social politics from an observer's perspective, and can be a gossip. i'm horrible at actually keeping in contact with people, but i do keep tabs on people from my past from a distance (aka internet stalking).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Oh yea, if I'm the one planning or something like that, then I'm extremely invested.

But the everyday "Hi, how was your day?" is very hard for me to immediately respond to, and get a convo going out of that. My so friends seem to need that.
    That's interesting, and good to know. To me it's like an immediate holistic "where are you at" sort of question. I never really thought about it being hard for someone to respond to.

I usually feel bored and/or overwhelmed by sp stuff. I feel like I subvert some of it into sx stuff - like taking long hot showers and making a "spa night" of doing all the little hygiene maintenance stuff - or I just ignore it til the last minute and it becomes an enveloping rush to get it done, which is at least easier than trying to deal with it otherwise.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    That's interesting, and good to know. To me it's like an immediate holistic "where are you at" sort of question. I never really thought about it being hard for someone to respond to.
    A good alternative is enthusiastically saying "omg tell me about your life!! what did i miss?" It's sort of become an instinct of mine over the years - I think I picked it up because of my friends. Instead of talking about the casual stuff we're up to during the day we get right into what's actually going on in our lives.

I usually feel bored and/or overwhelmed by sp stuff. I feel like I subvert some of it into sx stuff - like taking long hot showers and making a "spa night" of doing all the little hygiene maintenance stuff - or I just ignore it til the last minute and it becomes an enveloping rush to get it done, which is at least easier than trying to deal with it otherwise.
    Yeah, same here. Probably more 7-ish, but I only get motivated for sp stuff if I've gotten myself excited about how I'm gonna maintain my room or shaving my legs. I also subvert some of the stuff to sx like going to the gym to up my attractiveness. Of course every time I leave I leave feeling just great about myself, but if I am honest the main reason I go is to not let myself go and also increase how appealing I look to others.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

I never indulge So really. Those tedious hellos and goodbyes, the need to give people my attention even when I'd rather pick my own toenails instead. Lets just say it gives me mostly a steely persona that most people shy away from. Job done, avoiding So down to a fine art.