First 12

MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    9W1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm really confused about my enneatype. I believe that for INFJ's the most common types are 1's, 4's, and 9's.
    Actually, it may elp if we break the nine groups into three sets: body(1,9,8), heart(2,3,4), and mind(5,6,7). As you said, you were a 1, a 4, or a 9. The nine is a body type, the four is a heart type, and for the sake of argument I'm gonna pretend the 1 doesn't exist!

Anyways, there is an interesting theory that I subscribe to that states that while we all have a core type that defines them, the way we live our life, deal with stress, and adapt to our environment relies heavily on sub-typing. The tritype theory states that each individual has a body, mind, and heart typing. In my case, my core is purely a 9w1. I live my life as a "Peacekeeper," but when my mind is involved and wen problems arise, it can be attributed to my second type: the "investigator" (5w6). On the rare chance that I must actually use my emotions, I would use my emotions -and it is rare -I revert to my 3w2 "charmer" side. I have rarely shown much of the last, but it is clearly a part of me.

As for you, I think it would be fair to guess you are also a 9w1 "Investigator." Seeing as both were in your top three, I would guess it was your core trait. As for your secondary, a 4w5 fit's nicely. If you need to think long and hard, that would be the way to do it.

As for your heart try finding out if your tritype works here: http://enneagramquiz.com/quiz.html

The site is a little wonky, so I can't guarantee that it will get your order right, but It should atleast give you your three types withh some degree of accuracy. It did for me!

MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    9W1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Actually, it looks like you already have a bit of information on tritypes, but to answer your question, I think your variant would stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by renaiziphonts View Post
    Actually, it may elp if we break the nine groups into three sets: body(1,9,8), heart(2,3,4), and mind(5,6,7). As you said, you were a 1, a 4, or a 9. The nine is a body type, the four is a heart type, and for the sake of argument I'm gonna pretend the 1 doesn't exist!

Anyways, there is an interesting theory that I subscribe to that states that while we all have a core type that defines them, the way we live our life, deal with stress, and adapt to our environment relies heavily on sub-typing. The tritype theory states that each individual has a body, mind, and heart typing. In my case, my core is purely a 9w1. I live my life as a "Peacekeeper," but when my mind is involved and wen problems arise, it can be attributed to my second type: the "investigator" (5w6). On the rare chance that I must actually use my emotions, I would use my emotions -and it is rare -I revert to my 3w2 "charmer" side. I have rarely shown much of the last, but it is clearly a part of me.

As for you, I think it would be fair to guess you are also a 9w1 "Investigator." Seeing as both were in your top three, I would guess it was your core trait. As for your secondary, a 4w5 fit's nicely. If you need to think long and hard, that would be the way to do it.

As for your heart try finding out if your tritype works here: http://enneagramquiz.com/quiz.html

The site is a little wonky, so I can't guarantee that it will get your order right, but It should atleast give you your three types withh some degree of accuracy. It did for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by renaiziphonts View Post
    Actually, it looks like you already have a bit of information on tritypes, but to answer your question, I think your variant would stay the same.
    Thanks! I tried that website, interestingly enough haha.

Your trifix is 5w4, 9w8, 3w2.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 5 with a 4 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Four wing, which means that the cerebral nature of Type Five combines with the creative nature of a Type Four. For this reason, you are likely to challenge established ideas with new and fresh concepts.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 9 with a 8 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with an Eight wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Nine merge with the aggressive traits of the Eight. Inner peace is your goal, but if something is challenging that peace, your Eight wing means that you’ll stand up and deal with the situation assertively and decisively.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 3 with a 2 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Two wing, which means that your driven nature combines with a desire to help people. You often come off as charming and outgoing as a result.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

O_o Hmm. Interesting.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Thanks! I tried that website, interestingly enough haha.

Your trifix is 5w4, 9w8, 3w2.
    Sounds good, but be careful of that quiz. It's not terribly professional and generally types me as a 7w6/9w8/4w5. I'm not that.

Take it with a grain of salt is all

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Sounds good, but be careful of that quiz. It's not terribly professional and generally types me as a 7w6/9w8/4w5. I'm not that.

Take it with a grain of salt is all
    Got it.