123 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default How you view type __ vs how it is typically viewed by most people/descriptions

1s
    - more proud
    - less rigid, more aggressively idealistic
    - enjoys punishing/exacting justice side of morality (@EJCC describes 1s as "8s in chains". I think this is an apt description)

2s
    - less helper, more seducer
    - less gossiping hen, more swag
    - less superego, more Id
    - less "please love me", more "praise me bitches!"
    - less church folk; more histrionic drama queen
    - more assertive and confident
    - more glory seeking
    - more childish (except for Social 2)

3s
    - less brag-y (that's 2, 7 and 8)
    - less concerned with the opinions of most others (their self worth comes from accomplishments which generally speak for themselves)

4s
    - more aggressive
    - more elitist
    - extremely vindictive

5s
    - more practical; less purely intellectual
    - more focused on physical resources
    - more power oriented

6s
    - usually extremely argumentative
    - more vicious (even phobic 6s)
    - more intellectual
    - less loyal, more backstabbing
    - (when healthy) more heroic

7s
    - more aggressive
    - more ambitious
    - less bubbly entertainer; more ambitious
    - less "the world is flowers and sunshine" more "the world has scarce resources and is not going to give me what I want, so I need to TAKE it!"

8s
    - less magnanimous defender of the weak; more Dothraki barbarian
    - more controlling of others
    - in the average range: less "I don't mess with you if you don't mess with me" more genuinely sadistic

9s
    - less "conflict is bad", more "I don't have the energy for this..."
    - more quietly judgmental, constantly thinking "when is this guy gonna stfu...."
    - more "most people piss me off, I just don't say anything"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I generally agree with this. I also think variant and wing and MBTI type when combined with enneagram can play a factor.

As a type 5, I know I can be practical in addition to intellectual. I prefer the intellectual to the practical, it interests me more but I can do the practical just fine. I also have a 6 wing and sp/so variant, both of which I think contribute to some degree of practicality.

I am also somewhat focused on physical resources, again this could be SP variant talking.

As far as power focus goes, I don't really care about power over others but I do like the concept of power for myself. The power to take care of myself and to get what I want to get in life.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

again, i seriously don't think you're a 7. check back with 3. i never feel like the world offers me scarce resources or is is deliberately not giving them to me. the feeling is more like the world is incredibly rich in resources but they are mostly hidden from me because i am somehow not aware of all its extension, and i would be able to reach it if only i tried harder/different solutions/more imagination.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

^ agreed pink. there are SO MANY resources, and i'm just trying to keep up so i don't miss anything good.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yes...especially the "i would be able to reach it if only i tried harder/different solutions/more imagination."

Really good on the 9s and 1s.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

6s... what I've seen is incredible variation, and little accuracy in any stereotype. Of the few common denominators: highly analytical, defensive, stubborn, cautious, warm, protective. Both w5 and w7 seem to share a 9ish idealization of an idyllic, comfortable life.

The "businessman" stereotype is usually true on paper (ie - 6s don't tend to move quickly from job to job) but the 6 themself will typically have more of a love/hate relationship with their company or organization. The 6 relationship with rules is similar; it's about being aware of the rules and their consequences, not necessarily at all about following them.

On loyalty... I wouldn't tend to say 6s are "backstabbing" because as far as I understand and as far as I have experienced myself it it's rarely, if ever, unwarranted treason - to "backstab" implies unfairness, but 6s are all about fairness. A 6 counterattack would be exactly that - countering someone else infringing upon them and/or their loved ones. A 6 can be unfailingly loyal to something or someone for a long period of time but as soon as they perceive an attack, that loyalty is gone. It hurts a lot to experience it, actually.

2s
    - less helper, more seducer
    - less gossiping hen, more swag
    - less superego, more Id
    - less "please love me", more "praise me bitches!"
    - less church folk; more histrionic drama queen
    - more assertive and confident
    - more glory seeking
    - more childish (except for Social 2)
    I dunno. Definitely helper, but whether the help is actually helpful is questionable. Less gossiping hen, more backseat driver. Acknowledgement seeking, but I don't know about "glory". I would agree about histrionic and childish. I don't see why more Id than Superego. The 2 mindset is all about delayed gratification.

9s
    - less "conflict is bad", more "I don't have the energy for this..."
    - more quietly judgmental, constantly thinking "when is this guy gonna stfu...."
    - more "most people piss me off, I just don't say anything"
    Lol, yeah, I think these are great.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    again, i seriously don't think you're a 7. check back with 3.
    I have, several times. it doesn't fit at all (try asking @Riva, @Animal or any of the peeps I've talked to in real time. I don't have a drop of 3 in me). I'm lazy, daydreamy, cannot manipulate my image to save my life and am utterly oblivious to politics/how I come across. the only other type I could see myself as is a Sexual 6.

i never feel like the world offers me scarce resources or is is deliberately not giving them to me. the feeling is more like the world is incredibly rich in resources but they are mostly hidden from me because i am somehow not aware of all its extension, and i would be able to reach it if only i tried harder/different solutions/more imagination.
    do you feel deprived? deprivation is a central theme of 7, though it can be experienced in many ways
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Stansmith

@Elfboy

I think it's the fact that you're Gamma/socionics Se-valuing that's causing the discrepancy between you and other ENFP 7s.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    6s... what I've seen is incredible variation, and little accuracy in any stereotype. Of the few common denominators: highly analytical, defensive, stubborn, cautious, warm, protective. Both w5 and w7 seem to share a 9ish idealization of an idyllic, comfortable life.
    yes, minus the protective. some 6s are too cowardly to be protective

The "businessman" stereotype is usually true on paper (ie - 6s don't tend to move quickly from job to job) but the 6 themself will typically have more of a love/hate relationship with their company or organization. The 6 relationship with rules is similar; it's about being aware of the rules and their consequences, not necessarily at all about following them.
    I agree with this

I dunno. Definitely helper, but whether the help is actually helpful is questionable.
    not in my experience, either with more credibly resources or with correctly typed 2s. this describes the people who mistype as 2 rather than actual 2s (usually a 9 or a female 6). your confusion is understandable though. Riso and Hudson (as well as many English speaking COMPLETELY bastardized this type with their descriptions

Less gossiping hen, more backseat driver.
    I tend to see this as more 6/1, but it could work

Acknowledgement seeking, but I don't know about "glory".
    well, glory is a bit more specifically the Social 2

I would agree about histrionic and childish. I don't see why more Id than Superego.
    Naranjo makes it BLATANTLY obvious
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ad.php?t=68300
    tl;dr some themes he mentions for 2 are
    - pride
    - hedonism
    - seductiveness
    - assertiveness
    - histrionism

also note the themes for 2:
    Self Preservation 2: Egocentrism/"Me First"
    ex: Paris Hilton, "Joffrey Baratheon", "Veruca Salt"
    Social 2: Ambition
    ex: Bradley Cooper, "Regina George", "Achilles" "Ash Ketchum" (Naranjo even types Napoleon and Julius Caesar as Social 2s!)
    Sexual 2: Aggression and Seduction
    ex: Casanova, Madonna, Eva Green's character from Dark Shadows :P (Naranjo types Scarlett O'Hara as Sexual 2, but I think she's 7w8)

^does ANY of this sound superego to you?

The 2 mindset is all about delayed gratification.
    no, it isn't. if anything, they probably lean more on the impatient/impulsive end of the spectrum most of the time
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    @Elfboy
    I think it's the fact that you're Gamma/socionics Se-valuing that's causing the discrepancy between you and other ENFP 7s.
    you might have a point. most of them are also 749 "Gentle Spirits" which ain't me at all
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!