Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    Oh gee thanks. I retired because I gave up PerC for Lent, but apparently I got banned instead. -_-
    yeah, it's all fixed now
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

4s are often described as deep and similar things, but to me 4s seem to be the narcissistic, snobbish, "I'm a special snowflake, why does nobody appreciate me???" type.

6s
    - usually extremely argumentative
    - more vicious (even phobic 6s)
    - more intellectual
    - less loyal, more backstabbing
    - (when healthy) more heroic
    Yes! I mistyped as a 5 for a long time because 5s seem to be stereotyped as the "intellectual" type.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Re: the bolded. Something I've noticed with the 6 folks in my life is that they're extremely loyal until they're suddenly not. Not totally sure where they draw that line, but it's been pretty jarring whenever I've run into it. (My 1w2 loyalty-dropping is much more predictable: betray me, or otherwise betray the principles which drew me to you in the first place, and you'll lose both my loyalty and my respect.)
    This is because we 6s have a sort of love-hate relationship with our loyalties because of our anxiety fixation.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    This is because we 6s have a sort of love-hate relationship with our loyalties because of our anxiety fixation.
    Interesting -- and makes sense. Sounds like another extension of the phobia/counterphobia thing.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    4s are often described as deep and similar things, but to me 4s seem to be the narcissistic, snobbish, "I'm a special snowflake, why does nobody appreciate me???" type.
    That's a pretty tired stereotype too. Run into the ground at this point.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That's a pretty tired stereotype too. Run into the ground at this point.
    I'll say. This is why I argue that most people couldn't spot a everyday 4 if they tried.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post

8s
    - less magnanimous defender of the weak; more Dothraki barbarian
    - more controlling of others
    - in the average range: less "I don't mess with you if you don't mess with me" more genuinely sadistic
    As a 8w7 I can say none of this even remotely applies to me. Viewing 8's as "barbarians" is hardly any different than the stereotypical notion most have of us, same for being controlling of others.

And I'm guessing you have met mostly unhealthy 8's, because "sadistic" is not how I would describe us. Revengeful, yes, even merciless when we think someone deserves the worst, but not sadistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    @Starry
    I know what you mean. I've known three core 3s well in my life and one is very camera-aware, she's a photographer and model and every angle always looks perfect. I can be like this too, not just about my image, but about any person's image.. or any photo I take of nature, because I am very aware of beauty. Even a picture of a dead cat bleeding out of its eyes will be angled just so; because that is how I see things, I have a natural eye for beauty. It's not about trying to impress.. i have an impulse for things to be beautiful. My room is beautiful with each item placed expressively and meaningfully. I don't even have any local friends since I moved here, so it's beautiful because that is what I want, not because it impresses anybody. I am known in any place I have lived for being that person who unpacked and set up their room or dorm room along with the wall hangings before even sleeping the first night. I *must* be surrounded by beauty and honest self-expression or I cannot be creative in my own space. So this personal expression includes being angled a certain way in the camera.
    I'm not sure that's related to Enneagram type. I could have written this myself, word for word, and I'm not a type 3. Granted, the rest of your post focusing on self image concern didn't apply to me but this description of how you see beauty was picth perfect.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    I'm not sure that's related to Enneagram type. I could have written this myself, word for word, and I'm not a type 3.
    I was comparing and contrasting myself to a 3. I'm not a 3 either.

That being said, some of it might not be related to enneagram. I was just making the contrast between her awareness of beauty and how she uses it for her image, vs. mine.

Granted, the rest of your post focusing on self image concern didn't apply to me but this description of how you see beauty was picth perfect.
    Yeah I know what you mean. Any type can have an eye for beauty of course.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I was comparing and contrasting myself to a 3. I'm not a 3 either.

That being said, some of it might not be related to enneagram. I was just making the contrast between her awareness of beauty and how she uses it for her image, vs. mine.

Yeah I know what you mean. Any type can have an eye for beauty of course.
    I noticed you're not a type 3. Been reading the "Signs You're a Type 4" thread, it's crazy how much I can relate. Maybe Ennegram 4 aligns with my MBTI type? It's the only explanation, I think.

By the way, do you now any test that indicates tritype? The ones I took only inform wings.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    he's not immediately identifiable as 2 because
    - he is at the bottom of the levels of health for 2
    - Sp 2 is the countertype of 2 (much likes Sx 6). the unhealthy Sp 2s act like aggressive, spoiled children demanding the world give them everything they "deserve". this fits Joffrey to a tee
    2s are controlling, not aggressive. Unhealthy 2s still worry about driving people away. Joffrey is paranoid about being seen as weak, and terrified by the slightest bit of defiance. He's all talk and the first to wet himself when things get dicey. He's the classic paranoid, overreactive, whiney 6.

Though I'm not really sure what you mean when you talk about sp 2s demanding what they deserve.

I think 6s are more rebellious
    2s are tougher

{The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.