1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Happiness drives me, I just want to be as happy and carefree as I can. I just want to be the best person I possibly can be and experience most of what I've dreamed of..
2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I just want to go to college, attain a job I enjoy doing and make at least enough money so that I can live comfortably being able to buy what I need without a problem and being able to have some extra for things like travelling and such. I'd also like to find someone to spend the rest of my life with and maybe have a kid or two.. but I'm unsure if I even want kids. I have a lot of places I want to travel and a lot of things I'd like to try such as hang gliding, going on a ride in a submarine. I want to learn how to surf and snowboard, and I'd also like to learn Spanish and Japanese.
3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I don't want to end up not making a fairly decent income or in the worst case scenario, on welfare. Not because I find it degrading, but because I just wouldn't feel very accomplished and I've seen what's it's like watching my parents firsthand to struggle to make ends meet with money.
Values that are important to me: Equality, humility, comfort, happiness, compassion, generosity, trust.
4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I have a fear of being rejected by people because I feel like I never fit in anywhere or I'm afraid that once people get to know the real me they won't like me.. so I just tend to avoid talking to people or trying to make friends.
I also have a fear of failure, I avoid trying a lot of things out of the fear I'll fail and be ridiculed or put down by my peers or my parents.
5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as a likable person that's a lot of fun to be around.
I see myself as an unlikable person with no good qualities, physical or otherwise.
6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Best: When I complete a project and actually invested good time and effort in it, when others compliment me, when I feel that people actually want me around
Worst: When I'm being criticized or mocked by other people
7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger: When I'm angry by myself I tend to destroy my belongings or if it's when I'm arguing with someone I'll usually scream at them, which isn't characteristic of me because when I'm talking normally I'm often asked to speak up.
Shame: When I feel shameful I tend to self-pity, and become very emotional..
Anxiety: I have a lot of anxiety so, when I feel anxious, my heart beat speeds up sometimes to the point where it's actually extremely uncomfortable, I start stuttering and sometimes end up raising my voice by accident, my mind blanks and I can't talk to people. I also start becoming paranoid.
8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress: When I'm stressed I become annoyed at literally every single thing, and become short-tempered and even more aloof than I already am towards people. I also tend to do things in a hurry.
Unexpected change: I actually adapt fairly quickly to most forms of change, even if at first I found the change unpleasant.
Conflict: When I'm in a conflict with another person that I care about I avoid them until the talk to me or until I absolutely have to talk to them. I can have trouble saying sorry, it's not because of pride or anything. I just don't like heart-to-heart or "making-up" talks with people because they make me feel extremely uncomfortable. If it's a minor conflict or a disagreement I'm usually great at compromising with people.
9. Describe your orientation to: authority; How do you respond to it?
Authority: I usually do whatever authority says because I'm usually scared of what the consequences may be if I don't.. even if I disagree with what the person in authority is saying or telling me to do.
10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Life: I think that life is meant to be enjoyed.. after all we do only get one life. I think a lot of people take life way too seriously.
Humanity: I think humanity for the most part is progressing.. we're becoming more accepting of those different from us and I believe that most of humanity is good.
11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
Probably when my grandma died when I was 13 years old.. it was VERY unexpected. The time between when she was diagnosed with cancer and when she died was literally less than a month. I was very sad about it but up until then I took a lot for granted, after she died I started realizing what I had and learned to cherish things and people more.
12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I trust people extremely easily to the point where people around me have called me a push-over, it's also fairly easily to gain my trust back once you've broken it as long as you've shown me that you're actually sorry for breaking it in the first place.
13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
Like: How accepting I am of other people, I'm very empathetic, how a lot of things don't bother me, how independent I am in a lot of aspects of my life, how sincere I am
Dislike: How lazy I am, how much I take negative comments to heart and how easily hurt I am, how I have no real talents, how unintelligent I am, how obsessive my mindset is and how long I can focus on things that make me sad, how much I have trouble being blunt because I'm afraid to hurt someone's feelings, how timid I am around other people, how awkward around other people I am, and how I literally have no self-esteem or confidence. There's a lot more but these are the main things I dislike about my personality
14. What do you see or notice in others that others don't? I usually see the best in other people and have a hard time judging people critically. I'm very easily impressed and non judgmental for the most part..
15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you? I get really upset when anyone insults me. Sometimes I get angry, but most of the time I just get sad. If a stranger compliments me it makes me happy.
16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
Thankful: I'm thankful I get to go to school for free, have a roof over my head, parents who are still alive and married to each other, plenty of food to eat because a saddening number of people don't have all that stuff.
Wish I could have: Social skills, a tough skin, confidence
Please help.. what type do you think I am going by this? When I take the tests I usually get 9, 7 or 4. Sometimes 6 or 3 but not too often.