• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI, Enneagram, and Zodiac correlations (my revision of PTypes correlations)...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Pisces, ENTP, Enneagram Social 5

But apparently there was some weird shit the year I was born, which basically means I should read Scorpio's stars, rather than Pisces. I don't remember what that was all about, but that was the upshot of it, so I was told by a friend avidly into astrology years ago. Makes sense, as most people who are into that kinda thing (I'm not) guess me as Scorpio or sometimes Aquarius, but never Pisces. They're always surprised when I say I was born March 12.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Oh and yes, Cancer is ruled by the Moon and Leo by the Sun, neither of which are planets...so what's wrong with Scorpio being ruled by Pluto?
Bah--it's too nuevo.

It wasn't discovered until 1930. It, Uranus, and Neptune were added to astrology after the system was hammered out, so the influence of these three modern planets is still disputed.

Call me old-fashioned if you want. But the old-time religion is good enough for me.

;) :D

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
EDIT: Oh and yes, Cancer is ruled by the Moon and Leo by the Sun, neither of which are planets...so what's wrong with Scorpio being ruled by Pluto?

I object! Pluto is not a planet.

:smile:

laughing dolphin

MBTI Type
INFJ
I object! Pluto is not a planet.

:smile:

Indeed, l'il Pluto was kicked out a while ago:
pluto0819.jpg

And, on topic, I'm an Aries with a Virgo rising, Virgo moon and am a pretty typical INFJ - how does that fit?
:)
LD

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And, on topic, I'm an Aries with a Virgo rising, Virgo moon and am a pretty typical INFJ - how does that fit?
:)
LD

No one answer this. I told everyone again and again and again and again that this isn't related to your actual star sign.

It is the symbols I am interested in. I don't care how it relates to one's real star sign.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
But the Sun and the Moon are?

The Sun and Moon are big, important entities, responsible for life as we know it and tides and lunacy.

And Pluto is a dwarf planet or planetoid. As far as I'm concerned, the word planet is in it.
And they all have plan in them, so that legitimizes astrology, right?

;) :rofl1: :hug:

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
No one answer this. I told everyone again and again and again and again that this isn't related to your actual star sign.

It is the symbols I am interested in. I don't care how it relates to one's real star sign.

Okay, I'll stop bugging you. :) Pax?

I think the symbols are good things. Myth and metaphor give us a vocabulary to discuss stuff that is otherwise ineffable.

But, just like with Xander's Grand Unification Theory of Type, I get squibish around monolithic systems of coordination. They're too codified and don't allow for enough nuance. Thinkers love systems, tho, and we'll try our darnedest to make it all match up.

I just think life is more fun with some loose strings and unmated socks. ;)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, and we can't live without Mercury (about the same size as Pluto), Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus (I know what you're going to say, so shut up), and Neptune.

Saying Pluto isn't a planet because it's small and abnormal is like saying a midget isn't a man because he's small and abnormal.

cavg72

MBTI Type
intp
If you are an INTJ you might be an enneagram 1w5. The enneagram of personality was taken out of Jung types, it is just a bad copy of jung's work.

The enneagram does not make any sense, any way you look at it, it just doesn't.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you are an INTJ you might be an enneagram 1w5. The enneagram of personality was taken out of Jung types, it is just a bad copy of jung's work.

There is no 1w5 to start.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You're not *really* supposed to have wings that are not actual WINGS of the number. It's about inner drives, not characteristics that come with them.

Plus, the enneagram is supposed to be for adolescents. When you take the test you're supposed to use your high school personality. Adults don't have much use for it anyways, especially since as adults you're supposed to be more well rounded.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're not *really* supposed to have wings that are not actual WINGS of the number. It's about inner drives, not characteristics that come with them.

Plus, the enneagram is supposed to be for adolescents. When you take the test you're supposed to use your high school personality. Adults don't have much use for it anyways, especially since as adults you're supposed to be more well rounded.

He's right, only recently has the Enneagram become synonymous with behavior measurement.

When only considering motivations of types, which the Enneagram was initially intended for, there is no correlation to the MBTI or Jungian psychology, but only vague connections between the E-type's basic motivation and a Jungian cognitive function.

However, the behavioral science dosage added to the Enneagram in recent years begins to have a stronger correlation with the MBTI, and other personality assessments, for that matter. And the way most people look at the Enneagram now is in terms of behavior.

Zhash

I'm a cock, too.

I could go for a cock! Oh, pardon me.....I'm feeling frisky.

BTW: I'm the worst mix; Gemini, Left-Handed, INTJ, Enneagram 1x9, what else?

I recently read a good astrology book (I'm not really into it but I thought I'd read it because you always have to keep an open mind): "Sunshines" The Astrology of Being Happy by Michael Linn.
It was an amazing book and right on the button about people.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, that's strange. It's listing me as a Taurus (my husband's sign) and him as a Pisces (my dad's sign) and also listing my sign as the extraverted version of my husband.

Andy K Octopus

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'll bite on this

I am an INFJ on the MBTI

I am a 4 (w5) on the Enneagram

(Although I think astrology is a load of hooey) My Zodiac sun sign is Leo (on the cusp with cancer. July 23)

my moon sign is pisces

my rising sign is capricorn