User Tag List

First 56789 Last

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'll be dying, and will no longer have the use for it
    Can you see the future? Or is that when you plan on dying?

If you can see the future, can you tell me mine?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Ah. Okay. Yeah, I don't even relate to that. Can't help but agree entirely with Hard regarding this sort of thing -- but again, that's because I loathe awkwardness with such a passion. It would go against my values to treat other people that way when I know that it would anger me so much if the reverse were to occur. Plus, my friend group, for the most part, would be similarly bothered by things like that, just to clarify that this is not entirely projection.

I can only understand Fours so much. (I don't think this is an ENFP thing, since my ENFP friend is incredibly focused on "the group", is a 2w3, and is only defiant when there's Te-Fi "correcting" to be done. Which narrows it down to Four.)
    I have a feeling this is 4 + Ne (like FLD said), I'll address that below.

In fairness, there's middle ground between fakery and needless defiance -- i.e. even when you aren't "on", you can function socially without pissing off a large portion of the group. But I digress.

On the one hand, I suppose your usual modus operandi would ward off the type of people who you wouldn't like anyway. But on the other hand, if I'd never met you and interacted with you irl in a similar situation, I might've had the same reaction as @Hard and put you on my list from the get-go.
    There's a couple things I want to mention, there's no fakery involved, nor defiance, I'll get to that with FLD. Things slip out are true and straight forward expressions, if I had to sequester that all of the time, then I'd be a very cranky person. I find that I put people off when I use my own thought language, the people I seek are people that I can let my guard down with. I've been with my own kind, and it doesn't piss me off, it's relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by FLD View Post
    @Qlip

Based on the OP I thought you were saying that you liked playing at being "the silent guy." But from your last couple posts it sounds like you're "the head games guy"--the guy who likes testing people for laughs or even petty revenge. A lot of ENFPs and ENTPs stake out that territory. Very Ne-rich territory.

Nothing wrong with it. I like ENFPs, and I like their Ne-first approach to things. But what I said in my earlier post still applies. Playing "the head games guy" can become a developmental rut and result in isolation, if you get too comfortable in that role.

Just sayin'.
    You're extrapolating way too much. I don't spend energy or even time with people I'm not interested in. In the first group scenario, if I didn't want to know more about them, I would have just wandered off. Neither am I vindictive, and any amusement I find in awkwardness is the amusement of learning something new, bringing something out in somebody that is available no other way.

I do think Ne has a lot to do with this type of exploration, it's people as environment, I can't think of anything more interesting to explore than people.

That all being said, I must not be nearly as bombastic as I come off here. People tend to have positive reactions to me, and I have very few enemies. Some people even seek me out. But for the most part, to most people, I'm just some guy.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Can you see the future? Or is that when you plan on dying?

If you can see the future, can you tell me mine?
    The earliest, I'll be able to die
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You're extrapolating way too much. I don't spend energy or even time with people I'm not interested in. In the first group scenario, if I didn't want to know more about them, I would have just wandered off. Neither am I vindictive, and any amusement I find in awkwardness is the amusement of learning something new, bringing something out in somebody that is available no other way.

I do think Ne has a lot to do with this type of exploration, it's people as environment, I can't think of anything more interesting to explore than people.

That all being said, I must not be nearly as bombastic as I come off here. People tend to have positive reactions to me, and I have very few enemies. Some people even seek me out. But for the most part, to most people, I'm just some guy.
    As I said previously: I'm just sayin'. IOW, I'm not trying to point fingers; I'm just giving you a read-out based on what's coming through in your posts.

All these roles are fun and harmless while you're young and cute. It's when you carry them into middle age and beyond that they turn kind of negative and really off-putting: infantile, basically. So I don't deny your basic point that what you do works out fine and is harmless. My point is more about the future: Leaning on one role too hard and getting too comfortable treating people that way can lead to problems later in life.

Anyway, that's enough from me on that subject. I don't know you; I'm just letting you know what I'm seeing in your posts. Just a thumbnail sketch based on a glimpse through a peephole.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    O no!! she's eaten my brain, nooooo I must get rid of parasetic ways.
    BA HA HA HA

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

sometimes i'll feel obligated to break an awkward silence, but usually there's a diffusion of responsibility type thing going on and i feel like it shouldn't be my job to make people feel more comfortable if they aren't doing the same to me, and i didn't bring them in a social situation together. i'm very rarely the planner or the host, i don't like having to feel responsible for that kind of thing.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Yeah, and I think it's a load of B.S.

It's not right, nor logical, to make a group (many) of people uncomfortable, with intention, when you (single) are uncomfortable.
    It's not logical to assume 1) that whole group will feel uncomfortable equally 2) that group > individual especially if this individual happens to be yourself. 3) that group and resulting groupthink must always be right/correct/logical/fair/anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    No, actually I do understand what you're saying. It is important to analyze why something makes individuals uncomfortable.
    Good luck doing that on a general level. Everyone's pretty different.

Your personal emotions do not trump the emotions of a group. End of story. To subvert that is wrong.
    Not wrong. Your opinion is subjective.

Oh, I am definitely willing to admit to being a typical human being. I find it an interesting world we live in where to call someone selfish is an accusation, to admit to being selfish is an incriminating confession, and to deny it is a lie.
    WOW +1!

There's not really a reason, just a process. The last time it happened was last week, I was out with my good friend, and we ran into some of her new friends. They're kind of their own in-crowd, most of what they talk about was what happened last weekend and who's dating who and stuff, they're also not really the most accepting of outsiders. We were all standing in a circle, and my friend was holding up the conversation, and she had to use the bathroom. At this moment everything got awkward, they were all acutely aware that I was there, and I didn't quiet belong, let's just say I visually stood out.
    Oh haha that silly standing around in a circle.

I guess I don't really believe this, and neither do I go out of my way to cause discomfort. Discomfort is a pretty neutral thing to me, it's not by nature bad. Sometimes it's a byproduct of things that are actually important, sometimes it can be a tool in itself. I do understand that people are made uncomfortable by things that I may do, but also other people are drawn in are are amused. Some of my best friends have actually started out from seemingly aggressive action. It's the classic 'you can't please everyone' situation.
    As to the bolded... Yep and why @Hard's logic wasn't right

We'd be fine hanging out. I do make certain people paranoid, though, only those people who find it important to know what I think of them. I'm a hard read, and it never occurs for people just to ask. I'm working on my side of it, though.
    Lol @ bolded. I always though it was the most natural thing to ask outright. Why don't others think to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Probably not...but I'm sort of half-there mentally when it comes to social-situations, so I rarely experience myself as part of a cohesive unit larger than the self....At best, I'm a receptive, amicable participant.
    Well you're not soc-first either. I'm pretty much like this, I actually never experience myself that way (part of whatever "cohesive unit". I even find the idea BS).

There was once this football (or soccer? whichever country you live in...) match where there was many thousands of people and when my country scored once (yeah first and last and maybe it wasn't even valid ), everyone stood up "in one" and shouted "in one". That was the one time of my life where that "group feeling" was almost palpable and I decided to see what it feels like if I joined. I stayed in control however the whole time. So I don't think I experienced it like others did. It was an interesting experience nonetheless and I suppose other people get it on a daily basis. Well, not me.

Anyways, your previous post almost seemed to be assuming the non-existence of social-first and second people. Re: whether "everyone" is experiencing that discomfort -- from my knowledge of the social instinct, people who are well-versed in it should have a very good idea of who's uncomfortable and who isn't -- or at least, which sections and sub-sections of the group would be most likely to be uncomfortable. Based on that quick analysis you could decide which subgroup you choose to cater to.
    Ohh and this categorizing about who's in what kind of subsection of a group... Meaningless? To me. Do you find yourself able to predict stuff about people based in such information? I've heard before that such predictions work pretty well. I kind of find that BS too, I had a fiery debate about this on this forum before

OK well I suppose this is soc-last too.

Ah. Okay. Yeah, I don't even relate to that. Can't help but agree entirely with Hard regarding this sort of thing -- but again, that's because I loathe awkwardness with such a passion.
    I find awkwardness is such an imagined thing really :/ Maybe originating from some old neurosis? I don't know you though. Maybe for these soc-first people like you it's viewed very differently.

In fairness, there's middle ground between fakery and needless defiance -- i.e. even when you aren't "on", you can function socially without pissing off a large portion of the group. But I digress.
    Unfortunately you are being too optimistic here. When you aren't "on" socially, and while you don't intend to piss off a group, you can still do exactly just that. Simply stumble into pissing them off.

These unwritten social rules are not that obvious to everyone really. Some people yes, some nope.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FLD View Post
    As I said previously: I'm just sayin'. IOW, I'm not trying to point fingers; I'm just giving you a read-out based on what's coming through in your posts.

All these roles are fun and harmless while you're young and cute. It's when you carry them into middle age and beyond that they turn kind of negative and really off-putting. (Kind of infantile.) So I don't deny your basic point that what you do works out fine and is harmless. My point is more about the future: Leaning on one role too hard and getting too comfortable playing that one game can lead to problems.

Anyway, that's enough from me on that subject. I don't know you; I'm just letting you know what I'm seeing in your posts. Just a thumbnail sketch based on a glimpse through a peephole.
    As long as you realize that. I do think of myself as young and cute (compared to Steve Buscemi), and I will always remain so (relative to Steve Buscemi). Just so you know before you f-f-fade away.

Lol. I'm actually pretty fucking old. I still haven't met any mature adults. Well, actually I have, but they were all mature adults when they were 12.

Ginkgo

Contrary to popular belief, awkwardness can be seductive.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, awkwardness can be seductive.
    wooohoooo I can get sex

In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so