First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Why? What is harmful about discomfort in the real scheme of things?
    That's irrelevant.

What you are applying a negative feeling to others that could be avoidable and is not needed, for the sole reason that you experienced a negative feeling. Again, it's bring a large group of people down on purpose with intention. It's not fair, selfish, and should not be done.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    That's irrelevant.

What you are applying a negative feeling to others that could be avoidable and is not needed, for the sole reason that you experienced a negative feeling. Again, it's bring a large group of people down on purpose with intention. It's not fair, selfish, and should not be done.
    The importance of something is irrelevant?! Hard, to live is discomfort, learning is discomfort, change is discomfort and inevitable. Discomfort brings good tidings, it's the breaking down of form to allow for new. Social discomfort is a silly thing to spend too much time worrying about.

The avoidance of discomfort without regards to the reason, the magnitude and importance is actually a big part of what is wrong with modern society.

The importance of something is irrelevant?! Hard, to live is discomfort, learning is discomfort, change is discomfort and inevitable. Discomfort brings good tidings, it's the breaking down of form to allow for new. Social discomfort is a silly thing to spend too much time worrying about.

The avoidance of discomfort without regards to the reason, the magnitude and importance is actually a big part of what is wrong with modern society.
    preach it brotha

preach it brotha

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Yeah you don't get it, or you do but refuse to let go of your own personal convictions despite it. I already explained to you what's wrong with what you're doing in as simple of terms as I could.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah you don't get it, or you do but refuse to let go of your own personal convictions despite it. I already explained to you what's wrong with what you're doing in as simple of terms as I could.
    Ditto. But the fact of the matter is, I don't need you to think I'm right. It would be nice, though.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Ditto.
    No, actually I do understand what you're saying. It is important to analyze why something makes individuals uncomfortable. In the context of this, most people are not used to awkward silence because it is a social condition that forms by virtue of the modern world. I agree that people should learn to become more comfortable with it. I have actually taught myself to be at ease with it as I felt it was a flaw I wanted to correct.

What you are doing, is different. You stated that you are made uncomfortable with having to comform, so you take your discomfort, and force others to deal with a different form of it. Without context, understanding, or explaining the reason behind it. It's. Not. Fair. I already pointed out how that is and I don't want to reexplain the logic of it. Your personal emotions do not trump the emotions of a group. End of story. To subvert that is wrong.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

No, actually I do understand what you're saying. It is important to analyze why something makes individuals uncomfortable. In the context of this, most people are not used to awkward silence because it is a social condition that forms by virtue of the modern world. I agree that people should learn to become more comfortable with it. I have actually taught myself to be at ease with it as I felt it was a flaw I wanted to correct.

What you are doing, is different. You stated that you are made uncomfortable with having to comform, so you take your discomfort, and force others to deal with a different form of it. Without context, understanding, or explaining the reason behind it. It's. Not. Fair. I already pointed out how that is and I don't want to reexplain the logic of it. Your personal emotions do not trump the emotions of a group. End of story. To subvert that is wrong.
    And to state it more plainly, my personal emotions do trump the emotions of the group in certain instances by me deciding it so, period, de facto. Me deciding it so has a lot to do with the actual harm involved in action or unaction, to reiterate, social discomfort is not harm, at least not harm worth me recognizing.

The group does not get to decide things about me, or you, unless you allow them to. I'm sure many enough would have me think that me not giving them the money out of my wallet is an grievous offense.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

And to state it more plainly, my personal emotions do trump the emotions of the group in certain instances by me deciding it so, period, de facto. Me deciding it so has a lot to do with the actual harm involved in action or unaction, to reiterate, social discomfort is not harm, at least not harm worth me recognizing.

The group does not get to decide things about me, or you, unless you allow them to. I'm sure many enough would have me think that me not giving them the money out of my wallet is an grievous offense.
    Yeah, and this isn't one of those instances. Your example isn't comparable either.

You're being selfish, and a typical E4. You're not going to bend, your personal feelings are just too important. I'm done.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah, and this isn't one of those instances. Your example isn't comparable either.

You're being selfish, and a typical E4. You're not going to bend, your personal feelings are just too important. I'm done.
    Oh, I am definitely willing to admit to being a typical human being. I find it an interesting world we live in where to call someone selfish is an accusation, to admit to being selfish is an incriminating confession, and to deny it is a lie.