• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ignore..

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What do you think it means to be a "loyalist"?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Something along the lines of Azure Flame's and Mal's recent threads.
I don't follow them as closely as you do apparently. Use your own words.

Cygnus

Thanks anyway, I choose to be an annoying troll and not ignore it.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I wonder if that's easier to remember than regular lyrics.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't follow them as closely as you do apparently. Use your own words.

Interesting how the thread was ditched after this quote. Super phobic 6 response, [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]. :alttongue:

badger055

Permabanned
An enneagram 6 is like insecurity personified. 6s always need to look for an external authority to align themselves with and they are always unsure of themselves. They will fight for that authority to the death hence the loyalist. An enneagram 6 will almost never stand on their own and will quite often resent people who do.

S

Stansmith

An enneagram 6 is like insecurity personified. 6s always need to look for an external authority to align themselves with and they are always unsure of themselves. They will fight for that authority to the death hence the loyalist. An enneagram 6 will almost never stand on their own and will quite often resent people who do.

Ah, valuable insight. All that's missing is a reference to the Third Reich.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Have you talked to those cp 6's that look like 8's?

S

Stansmith

I don't see why respectable, self-reliant 6s necessarily need to act like 8s (this has never been a type that I've wished to emulate), it's an annoying misconception. If anything, their insecurities become even more apparent when they choose to emulate this type, and in many cases, leads them to foolish self-destruction. Frankly, I don't 'look up' to this brand of Six, nor do I see their style of confrontation as a desirable alternative. Whether one chooses to believe it or not, there's value in the ability to show tact and choose one's battles—especially in a world where a disproportionate amount of people are willing to pounce ahead at the brush of a shoulder, or the slightest hint of an insult—and my 'growth' (however miniscule it may be) has come as a result of fostering these traits, not by behaving like a type that I have no business emulating.

I'm sure there's a middle ground.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe but I don't think so. Think it's pretty much the same thing but they don't trust the authority.

I mentioned it because I've heard 6s say before that it's a too black and white picture that you painted above. That about being completely dependent on whatever. Maybe it's just hard for me to imagine what it is like though.

I don't see why respectable, self-reliant 6s necessarily need to act like 8s (this has never been a type that I've wished to emulate), it's an annoying misconception. If anything, their insecurities become even more apparent when they choose to emulate this type, and in many cases, leads them to foolish self-destruction. Frankly, I don't 'look up' to this brand of Six, nor do I see their style of confrontation as a desirable alternative. Whether one chooses to believe it or not, there's value in the ability to show tact and choose one's battles—especially in a world where a disproportionate amount of people are willing to pounce ahead at the brush of a shoulder, or the slightest hint of an insult—and my 'growth' (however miniscule it may be) has come as a result of fostering these traits, not by behaving like a type that I have no business emulating.

I'm sure there's a middle ground.

Actually my point was that supposedly some cp 6's mistake themselves for 8's because they are not like the typical phobic 6's anymore that badger055 depicted.

I read something about some 6's actually learning to trust in themselves. What you mention about self-reliant 6's sounds like that too. And that again doesn't fit the picture badger055 has given above.