Thread: Ignore..

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    An enneagram 6 is like insecurity personified. 6s always need to look for an external authority to align themselves with and they are always unsure of themselves. They will fight for that authority to the death hence the loyalist. An enneagram 6 will almost never stand on their own and will quite often resent people who do.
    Have you talked to those cp 6's that look like 8's?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Have you talked to those cp 6's that look like 8's?
    Maybe but I don't think so. Think it's pretty much the same thing but they don't trust the authority.

Stansmith

I don't see why respectable, self-reliant 6s necessarily need to act like 8s (this has never been a type that I've wished to emulate), it's an annoying misconception. If anything, their insecurities become even more apparent when they choose to emulate this type, and in many cases, leads them to foolish self-destruction. Frankly, I don't 'look up' to this brand of Six, nor do I see their style of confrontation as a desirable alternative. Whether one chooses to believe it or not, there's value in the ability to show tact and choose one's battles—especially in a world where a disproportionate amount of people are willing to pounce ahead at the brush of a shoulder, or the slightest hint of an insult—and my 'growth' (however miniscule it may be) has come as a result of fostering these traits, not by behaving like a type that I have no business emulating.

I'm sure there's a middle ground.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Maybe but I don't think so. Think it's pretty much the same thing but they don't trust the authority.
    I mentioned it because I've heard 6s say before that it's a too black and white picture that you painted above. That about being completely dependent on whatever. Maybe it's just hard for me to imagine what it is like though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I don't see why respectable, self-reliant 6s necessarily need to act like 8s (this has never been a type that I've wished to emulate), it's an annoying misconception. If anything, their insecurities become even more apparent when they choose to emulate this type, and in many cases, leads them to foolish self-destruction. Frankly, I don't 'look up' to this brand of Six, nor do I see their style of confrontation as a desirable alternative. Whether one chooses to believe it or not, there's value in the ability to show tact and choose one's battles—especially in a world where a disproportionate amount of people are willing to pounce ahead at the brush of a shoulder, or the slightest hint of an insult—and my 'growth' (however miniscule it may be) has come as a result of fostering these traits, not by behaving like a type that I have no business emulating.

I'm sure there's a middle ground.
    Actually my point was that supposedly some cp 6's mistake themselves for 8's because they are not like the typical phobic 6's anymore that badger055 depicted.

I read something about some 6's actually learning to trust in themselves. What you mention about self-reliant 6's sounds like that too. And that again doesn't fit the picture badger055 has given above.