123 Last

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Default When did you experience your wing?

I have heard that your enneagram wing develops in your early to late 20's.

Is this true for you?

(I personally have experienced being 100% E6, and about 97% E7 my whole life. I think I'm just starting to consciously accept my 7 wing. But I have always been counter-gluttony.)
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I've not heard that. Where'd you hear it??

I can tell you that I believe the theory that our core type is determined by the interplay between our two wings--I've seen this pattern since I was about 4 years old. When I'm alone, I see the two of them in me about equally. I'm actually not sure which I present more.

I have noticed that, once fully in charge of my own life (when I moved out of the house at a age 23), my movements through life have been increasingly motivated by/fearful of one wing. Whether this is because my wing "developed" or because it simply became more apparent with no one to keep it in check, I cannot affirm. It'll be interesting to see where the next decade takes me.

WhoCares

In my youger years my 4 wing was raging, I didnt give much weight to my fears of the world until after my 30's. My 20's was all about confidence in my abilities but not necessary much sense of self value. But once I experienced the listlessness which became my life from my 30's onwards. I developed a pervading sense of both apathy and fear of the world and my ability to survive within it, then the 6 really took hold.

WALMART

If that's true, me being 8w9 would work. I think I'm probably split between both.

The more I realized my heedless tendency caused dissonance within the more I sought to alter my behavior.

Stansmith

I'm a 6w7, and while I'm still only 19 years old, I can't picture myself ever becoming 7-ish. I'm slowly becoming more 9-ish, if anything, which makes sense.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Where exactly did you read this?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

From since I learned about my real Enneagram-type. I was always mistyped as either 6w7 or 9w1, I didn't feel that was quite it and I got frustrated and hated 'personality-pseudoscience-crap', when I scored 4w5 so/sp and also read about it I've never been as sure of my type. Friends said it was very likely too. 3-wing, no matter how much I'd like it, just isn't me. However me being ISFP and Social-dom can make me seem like a 3 or 7 or something in a completely healthy state sometimes, if with friends. I would like the counter-shame to appear way more often.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

As much as I can remember experiencing e7, I think it's always been in a 6-colored way. I've always been dreamy, nervous, and loyal despite my 7-ish drive for gluttony. I have memories of being that way as a young child. It feels essential to who I am.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

What :O This is a big suprise, I remember that I strived for popularity and being noticed/liked, or appreciated by others even earlier than I strived for being original, or true to myself... I remember when I was like 10 my teacher asked me what do you want from life and I told her I want to be a famous singer . I had this amazing idea of being famous and living my life in Los Angeles, or Hollywood and I really believed this when I was like 5-13... Then I changed and became totally 4ish. But this dream and need for fame/popularity actually leads the actions in my life, why I choose what I choose...it's like the biggest wish, the goal that gives the meaning to my life.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

As a kid, I think I was mostly 6 wing. As a teen and in my adulthood, I'd say my wings are closely balanced, leaning slightly towards 6.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne