User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

As one becomes more mature and self-aware, he begins to recognize his own motivations--which can be represented by any lil' spot on the Enneagram's continuum of (and between) types. It's not a far leap to say that the process of digging that rabbit hole eventually pinpoints a wing, for those who are actually more flavored by one. The shovel of introspection takes some time to get there. Sure, recognition in the 20s could be about right.

I've always been motivated by value. Found that the best way to acquire it is to stand out from the crowd--to embrace idiosyncracy and uniqueness--rather than compete in the same games that they do. Blammo; that's pretty clearly 3w4.

MBTI
    yupp

wait how do you know you've experienced your wing? this is a legit question, because I don't know if I have.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

@prplchknz I believe it's a very legit question. Can you see either of the following in yourself (even if just a bit)?:

A) Obsessive tendency to study or delve into subjects that interest you and tune out the world in order to do so. Looking at things analytically, beating a dead horse and otherwise over-thinking. Comfort in one's own mind and struggle with avarice.

B) Desiring a large variety of experiences and having large amount of energy to pursue them. A tendency to distract one's self from introspection or inner work by staying busy with exciting and stimulating activities. Comfort in the world and struggle with gluttony.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    @prplchknz I believe it's a very legit question. Can you see either of the following in yourself (even if just a bit)?:

A) Obsessive tendency to study or delve into subjects that interest you and tune out the world in order to do so. Looking at things analytically, beating a dead horse and otherwise over-thinking. Comfort in one's own mind and struggle with avarice.

B) Desiring a large variety of experiences and having large amount of energy to pursue them. A tendency to distract one's self from introspection or inner work by staying busy with exciting and stimulating activities. Comfort in the world and struggle with gluttony.
    The first thing I've always done, the second I'm beginning to do, but not really
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

There you are then, 6w5 (which I agree with from what I've seen you post).
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Ginkgo

Was far more into avarice than flattery even as a young one.

This theory would lead me to believe I was actually a 5 if I weren't so skeptical.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I feel like w7 has always been a part of me and my type, very integrated. Part of my security as a 6 includes 7ish needs/desires like variety, novelty, ability to escape, and positivity.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Dang. Didn't realize just how much w5 I engage til reading this. Guess it's a lot.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Because I'm counter - gluttony, I relate more to the 5 description here. So that's why it took so long to even acknowledge my 7 wing.

I learned that my form of distraction/ escape is actually tuning out the world by delving into intrests. Typology being a prime example lol.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Because I'm counter - gluttony, I relate more to the 5 description here. So that's why it took so long to even acknowledge my 7 wing.

I learned that my form of distraction/ escape is actually tuning out the world by delving into intrests. Typology being a prime example lol.
    Forgive me for being aghast at this but I do not understand. By definition 5 and 7 have opposite anxiety points (5 of the outside world, and 7 of their inner thoughts/feelings) so how does the above make sense? It sounds to me like a fancy way of saying you have a 5 wing but calling it something else entirely. I do not mean to be abrasive (truly, I'm learning like anyone else) but would you mind providing a link or book source on which you are basing the theory of "counter gluttony". As far as I have read, six is the only type with a "counter" aspect (and counter phobia does not result in 6 looking like another type).

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Forgive me for being aghast at this but I do not understand. By definition 5 and 7 have opposite anxiety points (5 of the outside world, and 7 of their inner thoughts/feelings) so how does the above make sense? It sounds to me like a fancy way of saying you have a 5 wing but calling it something else entirely. I do not mean to be abrasive (truly, I'm learning like anyone else) but would you mind providing a link or book source on which you are basing the theory of "counter gluttony". As far as I have read, six is the only type with a "counter" aspect (and counter phobia does not result in 6 looking like another type).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmWKFFCGBPc

Start it at about 6:50!!

I'm the person he's describing. I sacrifice gluttony. I sacrifice the short term (tert. Se) for the long term (aux Ni, ruthless Te) ... it also translates to this "Anti Pig" that he talks about. It is me.

It sounds like a 1, looks like a 5, but is a counter 7.

And I'm not 100% 7. I am 100% 6...and about 98% counter gluttony 7.

So I'm 6w7.

And no offense was taken
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12