User Tag List

First 23456 Last

LadyLazarus

In my opinion,either 1's or 8's are the least forgiving, in regard to different aspects.

After those two it would have to be 3's,6's,5's,and 4's residing in limbo,so to speak.

I feel the most forgiving types are 9's and 2's.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm forgiving to a flaw. So I have thus learned to become extremely unforgiving. A lot of times if you do 1 thing to disrespect me I just don't even bother talking to you again.
    Likes Ellyn liked this post

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I thought I was a forgiving type but I think this is more complex than that? If there is no pressing issue anymore then I really just forget things easily.

But if shit comes up again and my nose gets stuck into it again, I will be just as angry as before. Also, if I can't solve an issue with someone I will build up resentment if I don't have it out asap. So I just do that, because it's a lot better than resentment. It probably is a pain for the target person but it does help with letting go too

If the issue is solved and it isn't a recurring thing, then I'm fine I guess. I still think though that true forgiving is not a passive process like this one. It sounds like a more active act of truly reevaluating things. Probably to do with a high level of awareness of things and whatnot. I think the feeling that accompanies such act of forgiving is rare for me to feel but it's actually pretty nice just a bit "foreign" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    letting go and moving on absolutely happens after you forgive someone. It benefits you if you were to have the desire to shed your ego and the neurosis that bind you. e7 is future oriented to avoid pain. but that doesn't mean that pain isn't there. it actually caps your capacity to experience authentic joy and appreciation. not that you don't experience joy and appreciation but rather, it's fleeting ... I AM NOT saying you as in I know you personally. I am just regurgitating a few things off the top of my head from what I've read ... e7 is a gluttonous. It wants to taste everything. The benefit of practicing forgiveness hypothetically gives you the opportunity to grow in that, you are facing your fears (pain) and feeling them through till they are in the past. Increasing the depth of your relationships.

Disappointments and emotional hurts are going to happen regardless of any relationship. To not be open to feeling your hurts and thereby forgiving from cognitive (intellectual) understanding ... all of your relationships are running on a very superficial surface. Which puts you at a serious disadvantage. because when the shit hits the fan - you know who your real friends are. And there are countless people on this earth who have experienced first hand what it is like to have 300 plus friends one day, only to have ZERO the next. ... pain is inevitable. I can't understand why anyone would be comfortable and proud or happy to embrace the ego of their etype. It makes no sense and seems to be the illogical course of action.
    Interesting. I think someone would be happy to embrace their Enneagram ego when they are becoming more unhealthy. No? It supposedly gives you a feeling of security, getting involved in your fixation. Unless you're this really crazy healthy saint

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    My larger point is that I think any type can be unforgiving, but what gets forgiven (or unforgiven) depends on the issue involved. In my stepfather's case, he couldn't forgive the fact that I disturbed his inner peace.
    What do you think about other enneagram types in terms of what gets forgiven and what doesn't? Especially interested in 4, 5, 7, 8 But I'm sure everyone would be interested in a summary/list of this if you do have some thoughts on it.

I never forget. But I forgive. I thought it was a female thing whereas men don't forgive but forget. Isn't that how the cliche goes? :p
    What does that cliche exactly mean?

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    I'm forgiving to a flaw. So I have thus learned to become extremely unforgiving. A lot of times if you do 1 thing to disrespect me I just don't even bother talking to you again.
    Oh you ever a faithful representative of the two extremes

So do you decide to not to bother to talk to them again even before making it clear if they really intended to disrespect you?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Oh you ever a faithful representative of the two extremes

So do you decide to not to bother to talk to them again even before making it clear if they really intended to disrespect you?
    depends what kind of harm has been done. I usually spend some time to examine if it was on accident or if it was a test of some kind. Tests are not tolerated. Mistakes in tact are usually excused unless its so aggregious I don't know how to avoid it anymore, which often seems to only be the case with ENTPs haha.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

What does that cliche exactly mean?
    I'm gonna answer that with another cliche because it all makes sense now!

God made woman beautiful so man would love her.
    And he made women stupid so she would love him. Lolololo!!!

Get it. She's the forgiving one because she's stupid. Lol! >.<

I'm just joking!! ...

Here's another one by a favorite, "Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.”

Lolol!! I'm sorry!! I'm just playing. It takes the edge off to laugh and it's funny.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I'm gonna answer that with another cliche because it all makes sense now!

God made woman beautiful so man would love her.
    And he made women stupid so she would love him. Lolololo!!!

Get it. She's the forgiving one because she's stupid. Lol! >.<

I'm just joking!! ...

Here's another one by a favorite, "Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.”

Lolol!! I'm sorry!! I'm just playing. It takes the edge off to laugh and it's funny.
    Ahahah :P No worries

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Ahahah :P No worries
    I'm just teasing. I grew up in a house of cliches. It's an Irish thing. :p

I don't really believe it 100%. But I am a George Carlin fan.
    And I have a bad habit of sticking in serious mode for too long.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I'm just teasing. I grew up in a house of cliches. It's an Irish thing. :p

I don't really believe it 100%. But I am a George Carlin fan.
    And I have a bad habit of sticking in serious mode for too long.
    I thought you knew I knew you were teasing...

Yeah don't stay serious all the time - guilty myself

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I thought you knew I knew you were teasing...

Yeah don't stay serious all the time - guilty myself
    yeah but I have to stick with serious for now. It's my defense thing to be the "comic" silly person. it's a 2 thing :p