User Tag List

123 Last

LadyLazarus

Post What MBTI type(s) do you associate with this tritype?

Hello,I'm new to Typology central.I joined this site in hopes of finding my MBTI type as I am extremely confused about exactly what I am.I feel as if the more I study MBTI, the more it all starts to blur together,as if I am a conglomeration of all the types.Honestly,I think I could be any of them at this point,although that might be the whole 4w5 thing,I really have no idea.

Moving on,there is one thing I am fairly certain about;my tritype.I originally tested as a 4-5-8 but found I could only relate to the description to an extent,after some research I finally came to the conclusion that I am in fact a 4-6-8(or possibly a 6-4-8),being that the description of the Truth Teller was incredibly accurate.It was almost embarrassing finding such a strangely accurate description of my personality(albeit it was made out to be more extroverted than I am),so,getting to the point,I was hoping you all could help me use my tritype as a sort of link to fishing out my MBTI type or at least giving me a general idea of what I might be.

Sorry this is so long winded...
    Thank you for reading,and I would appreciate any and all relevant responses .

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I'm not quite sure what MBTI types I'd associate with 468 and at best it's correlation, no more.

Which MBTI dichotomies and/or functions do you understand well / relate to?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Oof, triple reactive. If you think core 4 then maybe ISFP or INFP. INFJ is probably not as likely cus of the 8 fix, but still probable because of the core 4. I don't think looking at correlations will help you find out your type though. It might help you look in certain directions but nothing conclusive. I mean even ENFP or ENFJ could be possible.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Socionics
    ILI

For the Scholar tritype, (4-5-8) there is a bit of a preference toward introversion, but not always, and if 8 is in the lead can make the person appear extroverted or actually be extroverted. The Scholar tritype is very INxx oriented excepting the ISTP.

From the actual people who came up with the idea:
    8-5-4 and 8-4-5 are more introverted intuition oriented (INxJ)
    5-4-8 is usually going to be INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ISTP or in some miraculous yet extremely rare cases ENTP.
    4-5-8 might usually be INTJ, INFJ, and possibly INFP and ISTP, and sometimes includes the even rarer and almost mythological and legendary ENTP 4

I don't really know for the 4-6-8, but I'd assume around the same lines though slightly more extroverted, 6 adds an ambiverted quality.

Remember that this is a very loose correlation.

LadyLazarus

@valaki
    First of all,thank you for your response .
    Hmmm...well although my understanding of the functions is quite limited,I would have to say I relate to Fi's ability to detect what is authentic and what is not as well as Ne's ability to see several possibilities. I'm.I'm also very emotional expressive which I heard is a Fe thing.
    As I mentioned my understanding of the functions is quite vague...could I perhaps trouble you for a quick explanation of them?

LadyLazarus

@Chanaynay
    Thank you for your response as well.
    Haha yes,that triad's label describes it and myself quite well.
    I have actually been considering all of the types you mentioned,as I heard four is a common enneagram for ISFP,INFP,and INFJ.I suppose I could be a cynical idealist or an ISFP of the slightly more assertive variety.
    Yes,it seems most of the tritype applications to MBTI are not confirmed.
    Hmm...I could see ENFJ possibly...are they as bossy as ESFJ's though?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    @Chanaynay
    Thank you for your response as well.
    Haha yes,that triad's label describes it and myself quite well.
    I have actually been considering all of the types you mentioned,as I heard four is a common enneagram for ISFP,INFP,and INFJ.I suppose I could be a cynical idealist or an ISFP of the slightly more assertive variety.
    Yes,it seems most of the tritype applications to MBTI are not confirmed.
    Hmm...I could see ENFJ possibly...are they as bossy as ESFJ's though?
    Well, from all the types you considered at least F is a clear preference for you? It tends to be a common case with 4s since they're usually very emotional thinkers.

Theoretically, ENFJs are supposed to have the In-Charge interaction style (along with ESTs and ENTJ) while ESFJs are supposed to have the Get-Things-Going interaction style (along with ENPs and ESFP) so in that sense they actually could be even more bossy than ESFJs haha. Although this is all hypothetically, in the real world YMMV. I've met some EFJs who aren't really controlling but still are as sweet as Fe-doms usually are. Although I did get a little lecture from my ESFJ bestie about my online dating profile account.

F-dominant individuals or people with a strong preference towards F could actually be pretty assertive when it comes to their values, their sense of right and wrong, etc. So maybe looking into what makes you fired up and assertive could help lead you to an answer?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

What about INFJ? That has Fe as a secondary function. That might make it a bit less bossy than us ExFJs. :P
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Well, from all the types you considered at least F is a clear preference for you? It tends to be a common case with 4s since they're usually very emotional thinkers.

Theoretically, ENFJs are supposed to have the In-Charge interaction style (along with ESTs and ENTJ) while ESFJs are supposed to have the Get-Things-Going interaction style (along with ENPs and ESFP) so in that sense they actually could be even more bossy than ESFJs haha. Although this is all hypothetically, in the real world YMMV. I've met some EFJs who aren't really controlling but still are as sweet as Fe-doms usually are. Although I did get a little lecture from my ESFJ bestie about my online dating profile account.

F-dominant individuals or people with a strong preference towards F could actually be pretty assertive when it comes to their values, their sense of right and wrong, etc. So maybe looking into what makes you fired up and assertive could help lead you to an answer?
    Yes,I think I am probably closer to an F,although most F descriptions I've read have sounded too fluffy to be me,and I've noticed most F's tend to be friendly and giving.While I think I initially tend to come off cold because I'm super shy and anxious around people I don't know,as well as being very self centered and admittedly selfish.Although logic does tend to go out the window under stress haha...plus T descriptions are too cool and unemotional to be me.So yes I'd say so.
    Haha and here I was thinking ESFJ's where the bossiest people on earth,turns out there's someone bossier than them!
    Yes I think I am only assertive when someone stomps on my values,other than that I am pretty easy-going I guess .
    Also,yes I will certainly look into that.What do T's get assertive about?

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    What about INFJ? That has Fe as a secondary function. That might make it a bit less bossy than us ExFJs. :P
    Yes that is certainly a possibility,although I feel as if I am not a giving enough person to be an INFJ, as I have heard they are very giving.I can however relate to their cold exterior and warm interior thing.