User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    climb on Showbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    Yes that is certainly a possibility,although I feel as if I am not a giving enough person to be an INFJ, as I have heard they are very giving.I can however relate to their cold exterior and warm interior thing.
    Meh, just because you've heard something about a type doesn't mean it's true for everyone who identifies with it. For example, most people assume ESFJs are crafty and domestic. I fail horribly at decorating, and I don't even bother with all the froofy pinterest DIY stuff. But, I'm definitely an ESFJ.

    Plus, none of the INFJs I know are particularly giving. Except maybe my mom. But she doesn't have a cold exterior either. Everyone is different.
    Friends, waffles, work

    "The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

    3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*


  2. #12
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Meh, just because you've heard something about a type doesn't mean it's true for everyone who identifies with it. For example, most people assume ESFJs are crafty and domestic. I fail horribly at decorating, and I don't even bother with all the froofy pinterest DIY stuff. But, I'm definitely an ESFJ.

    Plus, none of the INFJs I know are particularly giving. Except maybe my mom. But she doesn't have a cold exterior either. Everyone is different.
    Alright,good point,I will keep that in mind .After all,typology is not flawless,and all encompassing or anything.Yeah that does sound quite a bit different from some of the ESFJ'S(at least I think that's what they where,but maybe that's a bit presumptuous of me)I've met.That being said I have to admit the 4 in me would not mind being an INFJ,but I want to remain honest with myself at the same time.Oh the struggle!

  3. #13
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    Hello,I'm new to Typology central.I joined this site in hopes of finding my MBTI type as I am extremely confused about exactly what I am.I feel as if the more I study MBTI, the more it all starts to blur together,as if I am a conglomeration of all the types.Honestly,I think I could be any of them at this point,although that might be the whole 4w5 thing,I really have no idea.

    Moving on,there is one thing I am fairly certain about;my tritype.I originally tested as a 4-5-8 but found I could only relate to the description to an extent,after some research I finally came to the conclusion that I am in fact a 4-6-8(or possibly a 6-4-8),being that the description of the Truth Teller was incredibly accurate.It was almost embarrassing finding such a strangely accurate description of my personality(albeit it was made out to be more extroverted than I am),so,getting to the point,I was hoping you all could help me use my tritype as a sort of link to fishing out my MBTI type or at least giving me a general idea of what I might be.

    Sorry this is so long winded...
    Thank you for reading,and I would appreciate any and all relevant responses .
    YAY! Another one!! That's my tritype, too. I agree, it makes us sound more extroverted than we actually are, and there's plenty of lore going around the internet that we are all these crazed, belligerent prophets of doom and gloom. To be honest, I just pick up on things that no one else does and get upset about them. But I'm hardly the asshole screaming in your face all the time. Most of my work is whistle-blowing and myth-busting, and it often occurs behind the scenes, or on my blog. People misunderstand what it means to be "triple reactive". I'd be happy to bitch about it with you in the future, actually.

    Unfortunately, tritypes aren't actually linked to MBTI type. I'm an ENTP, but that doesn't necessarily seem the most likely combination with this tritype. Yet it stands.

    You may want to get familiar with the cognitive functions before deciding--I always test as ISTP for instance, yet I am sure I'm an ENTP because I've read what each function makes your brain do, and I've observed myself. I'm not extroverted by any means, but there you have it. Jung's cognitive functions often give you a very different picture of yourself than the MBTI scales.

    Disregard the profiles. I find that mine actually does give an accurate picture of what my brain is doing, but some people act contrary to type. Go by functions first.

    Also, it might help to definitively establish your core enneagram type--there are rumored to be correlations, so look into it! Fours tend to be NFs, and 6s can be quite a lot of things.

    Hope that helps. Feel free to ask me anything and I will try to get back to you.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    @valaki
    First of all,thank you for your response .
    Hmmm...well although my understanding of the functions is quite limited,I would have to say I relate to Fi's ability to detect what is authentic and what is not as well as Ne's ability to see several possibilities. I'm.I'm also very emotional expressive which I heard is a Fe thing.
    As I mentioned my understanding of the functions is quite vague...could I perhaps trouble you for a quick explanation of them?
    how about INFP in MBTI and INFp in socionics, then. of course I know nothing about you so I just said this as something to consider.

    as for the functions, this isn't a bad site: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/Co...ions/index.cfm

  5. #15
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    @valaki
    First of all,thank you for your response .
    Hmmm...well although my understanding of the functions is quite limited,I would have to say I relate to Fi's ability to detect what is authentic and what is not as well as Ne's ability to see several possibilities. I'm.I'm also very emotional expressive which I heard is a Fe thing.
    As I mentioned my understanding of the functions is quite vague...could I perhaps trouble you for a quick explanation of them?
    Just wanna add one thing.

    I typed as an Fi-dom for a long time because of this ability of mine--I see what's authentic and what's not. I say what needs to be said. That's tritype-related, though. Remember that your cognitive preferences are the way your brain works--how it perceives information, draws conclusions, and makes impersonal and interpersonal calculations.

    I found this an extremely handy starting point:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...H-van-der-Hoop

    Forgive me if you've already seen it; I find it to be a readable summary of Jung's work, and it's also highly applicable.

  6. #16
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    YAY! Another one!! That's my tritype, too. I agree, it makes us sound more extroverted than we actually are, and there's plenty of lore going around the internet that we are all these crazed, belligerent prophets of doom and gloom. To be honest, I just pick up on things that no one else does and get upset about them. But I'm hardly the asshole screaming in your face all the time. Most of my work is whistle-blowing and myth-busting, and it often occurs behind the scenes, or on my blog. People misunderstand what it means to be "triple reactive". I'd be happy to bitch about it with you in the future, actually.

    Unfortunately, tritypes aren't actually linked to MBTI type. I'm an ENTP, but that doesn't necessarily seem the most likely combination with this tritype. Yet it stands.

    You may want to get familiar with the cognitive functions before deciding--I always test as ISTP for instance, yet I am sure I'm an ENTP because I've read what each function makes your brain do, and I've observed myself. I'm not extroverted by any means, but there you have it. Jung's cognitive functions often give you a very different picture of yourself than the MBTI scales.

    Disregard the profiles. I find that mine actually does give an accurate picture of what my brain is doing, but some people act contrary to type. Go by functions first.

    Also, it might help to definitively establish your core enneagram type--there are rumored to be correlations, so look into it! Fours tend to be NFs, and 6s can be quite a lot of things.

    Hope that helps. Feel free to ask me anything and I will try to get back to you.
    Nice to meet a fellow triple reactive . To be honest I actually find the lore kind of flattering they paint such a pretty picture of us;a lone dissenter calling out truth from a rooftop and so on...I agree it's not really that dramatic at all,and for me it was not a concious thing until a few people pointed out that I always seem to hate a certain type of person,that is to say a person I sensed to have ulterior motives.I guess that's why I've never been one to be used or taken advantage of.Although,now I am much more tactful if I choose to share my "premonitions" with someone,which is rare.
    Haha I wouldn't mind actually,I enjoy new perspectives,so "bitch away"
    Yes,I will read up on them further,thank you for your advice.Agreed those profiles are very badly written.
    Thank you,will do!

  7. #17
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    I have actually not seen it,I will make sure to check it out,thanks.

  8. #18
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    how about INFP in MBTI and INFp in socionics, then. of course I know nothing about you so I just said this as something to consider.

    as for the functions, this isn't a bad site: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/Co...ions/index.cfm
    Hmm that sounds possible,and thanks I'll look into it.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    Nice to meet a fellow triple reactive . To be honest I actually find the lore kind of flattering they paint such a pretty picture of us;a lone dissenter calling out truth from a rooftop and so on...I agree it's not really that dramatic at all,and for me it was not a concious thing until a few people pointed out that I always seem to hate a certain type of person,that is to say a person I sensed to have ulterior motives.I guess that's why I've never been one to be used or taken advantage of.Although,now I am much more tactful if I choose to share my "premonitions" with someone,which is rare.
    Haha I wouldn't mind actually,I enjoy new perspectives,so "bitch away"
    Well I'm glad you like our depictions anyway! I personally am tired as being seen as criminally insane or in need of a bitchslap. But that's just me.

    I like the bolded. I had this problem as a kid of instantly taking extreme likes or dislikes to my best friends' friends and later my initial reaction turned out to be deadly accurate. The folks I disliked revealed themselves to be crap, and the folks I liked turned out to be great friends.

    I'm also really good at picking up on the aura of places. Like this one time in Thailand (no I'm not a pedophile, it's just where the nearest international airport is), I became instantly convinced my presence was unwanted in the country, and a number of long-term expats later told me that my perception was extremely accurate but that most people had to live there for months in order to realize it.

    I'm also psychic about global affairs. So consequently, I tend to trust my instincts on things immensely. The main problem is that no one else listens to me.

    It's funny though, because most of this really is subconscious. I didn't really think about it till I read the 468 profile, but I knew they were talking about me when I did.

    Yes,I will read up on them further,thank you for your advice.Agreed those profiles are very badly written.
    Thank you,will do!
    Good luck!!

  10. #20
    Member Aurora James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    54

    Default

    ISFP, INFP, INFJ
    4w5 so/sp - 5w4 sx/so - 9w1 sp/sx
    Fi>Ne>Ni>Si>Ti >Fe>Te>Se
    Phlegmatic/Melancholic
    Sensitive

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] (Survey) What color do you associate with each type?
    By Merced in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 12:38 AM
  2. What fruits/vegetables do you associate with each MBTI type?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-20-2017, 03:32 AM
  3. [Tri] What Trifix do you associate with each MBTI type?
    By Stansmith in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 05:39 PM
  4. What MBTI type(s) do you associate with this tritype?
    By LadyLazarus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 08:37 PM
  5. Do people's MBTI types influence who you mingle with?
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO