First 456

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    A persons energy can be often be associated with 'favorites'. It's hard to explain.
    I'm sure it's hard to explain, but can you talk about some examples? Just curious really

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I'm sure it's hard to explain, but can you talk about some examples? Just curious really
    How they feel about that favorite thing. You only said you felt "energy". But that is not an adjective

How does that sense of energy make you feel ?

That is what I meant by that. Example: I knew someone who told me their favorite color was black. I asked why. They said because they looked thinner in black and it made them feel more confident. I'm thinking 3 image type there lol! (Obviously you can not determine someones type with that one question. but with an accumulation of insight, there is a pattern that will emerge). Understand ?
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    How they feel about that favorite thing. You only said you felt "energy". But that is not an adjective

How does that sense of energy make you feel ?
    More alive. That's an adjective right? :p

That is what I meant by that. Example: I knew someone who told me their favorite color was black. I asked why. They said because they looked thinner in black and it made them feel more confident. I'm thinking 3 image type there lol! (Obviously you can not determine someones type with that one question. but with an accumulation of insight, there is a pattern that will emerge). Understand ?
    Yep I see.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

This is a great question about determining your core fear. For me, as a 9, I truly identified with many of the other descriptions before discerning my truth as a 9, and it was a LONG process because I could literally see parts of myself in most of them. Obviously, as we are all drawn to do, I read tons of descriptions from different authors, as well as talking to other people who knew me in person, as well as knowing my history.

As far as your motivational fear, I found it very helpful to examine my history and write down those experiences/times in my life where even thinking back to them now brings a sense of anxiety and stress to my body. Reading through the core fears and being cognizant of your body and its reactions/lack of reaction may be helpful.

Just a thought
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    This is a great question about determining your core fear. For me, as a 9, I truly identified with many of the other descriptions before discerning my truth as a 9, and it was a LONG process because I could literally see parts of myself in most of them. Obviously, as we are all drawn to do, I read tons of descriptions from different authors, as well as talking to other people who knew me in person, as well as knowing my history.
    I'm like that with 8. (Though I didn't identify with all the types that readily, quite the opposite, I found stuff to reject each type)

As far as your motivational fear, I found it very helpful to examine my history and write down those experiences/times in my life where even thinking back to them now brings a sense of anxiety and stress to my body. Reading through the core fears and being cognizant of your body and its reactions/lack of reaction may be helpful.

Just a thought
    Cool idea, I just can't recall any experiences where it would give me a sense of anxiety or whatever. :/ I'm not saying I've never felt anxiety but recalling this stuff doesn't make me feel it again. Guess I don't like to stress myself about stuff for no reason anyway

Stansmith

I guess I'm still in the process of doing so. While I was originally convinced of myself being a 6w7, I'm actually starting to consider being a 9w1 with a strong connection to 6, especially as I've gotten healthier (presumably). My mom is also a 9w1 who seems to have anxiety/hyper-vigilance issues when under stress, although fairly easygoing otherwise. I'd go as far as saying that we share similar levels of anxiety.

The changes in mindset that come along with my moods also seem to reflect the arrows of (dis)integration for the Enneagram 9; at my best, I feel like a 3(w4) with a firm sense of self and direction, at my worst, an anxious 6.
    Last edited by Stansmith; 02-11-2014 at 09:54 AM.