User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

The 2 through my struggles in romance. The 5 in my emotional detachment and inability to carry on superficial connections. The 8 because of my behavior when I feel hurt and threatened. Of course the story is WAY more complicated. Also, I was motivated and determined to change myself in a healthier direction so took introspection incredibly seriously. Brutal honesty with myself and such. My tritype is 258. And yes, minus the negative presumptions (as all types have) I'm "the strategist". It's how I approach life. I always have a game plan to cope, survive, accomplish my goals. But I'm healthy and consistently seek better strategies to promote my growth in such a direction.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

Honestly, I think it was this:

World View: The world is invasive and confusing. I need privacy to think.
    http://9types.com/epd/5.php
    Hello

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I had an idea once. But it might not work for others.

You have to be really brutal honest with yourself. Ask yourself what it is you work really hard to be good at. Anything you put an exuberant amount of energy in. Now imagine the opposite ...

So for simplicity sake: you know a guy who works out 24/7 and eats perfect and lifts etc. Ask, what is he getting that is important from that. Is he afraid to be fat? (Less desirable "rejected/abandoned") or is he afraid to be weak (looking to have power). Etc. It has to be something they put a lot A LOT of energy in.

So he works 24/7 and is obsessed with making money. He fears being broke. Now break it down more. What will happen if he's broke. This is proportionate to -> What does he get that is important from working so hard to not be broke?

Me for example. I have worked much of my life understanding people. What their needs are. (Sound like a 2?) I have worked hard on communication (why?) because without closeness I'm disconnected. And bla bla bla bla. Obviously start with core fixation. Then widdle down the rest like wood carving a sculpture. It took 6 months for me to get it accurate. Once you know the first core fix - you look at all the other external factors in your life you put your energies towards. Then ask why.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    The 2 through my struggles in romance.
    What were those struggles like?

I had an idea once. But it might not work for others.

You have to be really brutal honest with yourself. Ask yourself what it is you work really hard to be good at. Anything you put an exuberant amount of energy in. Now imagine the opposite ...

So for simplicity sake: you know a guy who works out 24/7 and eats perfect and lifts etc. Ask, what is he getting that is important from that. Is he afraid to be fat? (Less desirable "rejected/abandoned") or is he afraid to be weak (looking to have power). Etc. It has to be something they put a lot A LOT of energy in.

So he works 24/7 and is obsessed with making money. He fears being broke. Now break it down more. What will happen if he's broke. This is proportionate to -> What does he get that is important from working so hard to not be broke?

Me for example. I have worked much of my life understanding people. What their needs are. (Sound like a 2?) I have worked hard on communication (why?) because without closeness I'm disconnected. And bla bla bla bla. Obviously start with core fixation. Then widdle down the rest like wood carving a sculpture. It took 6 months for me to get it accurate. Once you know the first core fix - you look at all the other external factors in your life you put your energies towards. Then ask why.
    Actually working out is something I put a lot of energy into... it's to reach a fitness ideal and not giving up on the way to it. What's that then? :p

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    What were those struggles like?

It was emotionally painful.

Actually working out is something I put a lot of energy into... it's to reach a fitness ideal and not giving up on the way to it. What's that then? :p
    What do you get that is important from attaining this "fitness ideal" ?

Why does it matter to not give up? How would you feel if you gave up?
    What would happen if you broke your leg and could never reach your fitness ideal? How would that make you feel?

why? why? why? why?

WHY = Internal.

HOW = External.

If you want to know where you're going. You need to know where you are on the map. Where are you?

(these were all obviously rhetorical)

Quote Originally Posted by jenhetlee View Post
    It seems that enneagram type is largely focused on the primary fear which motivates someone's actions. In my opinion this seems like an incredibly difficult thing to do. I cannot seem to find out what my fear is.

Is there a way in which people out there, who know their enneagram type, found out the fear that motivates their actions?
    There are centers - shame, fear and rage - you can go by too. You could also use the triads - positive outlook, etc. to determine type. My thoughts and lifestyle just meshed almost perfectly with a chapter of Naranjo's Character and Neurosis…so easy diagnosis.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

What do you get that is important from attaining this "fitness ideal" ?
    A good feeling? I'm sorry if this sounds like an incredibly shallow answer. I think this isn't an easy question. I'm really not a type who's good at self-analysis, I'm still learning to put my stuff into words.

If you can think of an easier question to get closer to the answer for this, do let me know.

Why does it matter to not give up?
    Because it does. Lol. It's a big theme in my life

How would you feel if you gave up?
    ... I wouldn't

What would happen if you broke your leg and could never reach your fitness ideal? How would that make you feel?
    Broken legs heal :P

But sure, something could happen that makes it impossible, well then it's bad luck.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    A good feeling? I'm sorry if this sounds like an incredibly shallow answer. I think this isn't an easy question. I'm really not a type who's good at self-analysis, I'm still learning to put my stuff into words.

No apology necessary. ... Close your eyes and Imagine this feeling ... What does that good feeling feel like ? Where in your body do you feel it ? Is it in your mind, is in your body? Think of 3 sensory oriented words to describe this feeling.

If you can think of an easier question to get closer to the answer for this, do let me know.

Nothing easy is of any worth.

What is your favorite color ? Close your eyes ... Imagine it. How does it make you feel ?

Because it does. Lol. It's a big theme in my life

Not giving up matters because it does ? .. Why ? It's a big theme in your life. Describe the opposite of what it means to give up. What does that look like ? How does that picture make you feel ?

... I wouldn't

You would never give up? ... Why ?. What would happen if you did ?

Broken legs heal :P

All wounds heal. That is the nature of what it means to be wounded. Pain is your body telling you something is wrong. Emotional pain, likewise.

Do you believe in "luck" ? .... Why? (or why not)

But sure, something could happen that makes it impossible, well then it's bad luck.
    You do not have to answer these questions publicly. If anything, it would only prevent you from truly looking into your heart, which is where our vulnerabilities reside. The questions are nothing more than a gift but I would prefer not to get anything. So please, just take it and "give up", and accept it, for you.

No one can type your enneagram but you. The key to your lock can only come with dedication. And inevitably, we dedicate ourselves to what we what, before we dedicate ourselves to what we need. That is the nature of what it is to be human. And that is the purpose and function of, time.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

You do not have to answer these questions publicly. If anything, it would only prevent you from truly looking into your heart, which is where our vulnerabilities reside. The questions are nothing more than a gift but I would prefer not to get anything. So please, just take it and "give up", and accept it, for you.

No one can type your enneagram but you. The key to your lock can only come with dedication. And inevitably, we dedicate ourselves to what we what, before we dedicate ourselves to what we need. That is the nature of what it is to be human. And that is the purpose and function of, time.
    Actually, as I said, I just didn't analyse myself this deep in terms of these questions. I like the questions though. If you have any other questions that help analyse to answer these, do let me know. I'm genuinely interested

EDIT: nvm, I see you did add a few lines in different colour, I just didn't notice right away. Let me read now.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I don't think these answers are so private so here we go

btw... As for truly looking into my heart, I think that's probably a lot more complicated. But these questions did have me think a bit more and that was nice, thanks.

Not sure what you meant by the bolded. :S

Close your eyes and Imagine this feeling ... What does that good feeling feel like ? Where in your body do you feel it ? Is it in your mind, is in your body? Think of 3 sensory oriented words to describe this feeling.
    It's awesome. Feel it everywhere in me (so more body than mind I would say). The three words: strong, fast, energy

What is your favorite color ? Close your eyes ... Imagine it. How does it make you feel ?
    Bright blue. It has energy.

Umm what's this colour question though?

Not giving up matters because it does ? .. Why ? It's a big theme in your life. Describe the opposite of what it means to give up. What does that look like ? How does that picture make you feel ?
    The opposite means getting where I wanted to get. It's stuff like the above actually. A feeling of satisfaction mixed with feeling of power.

You would never give up? ... Why ?. What would happen if you did ?
    It would all be pointless.

(This is the one answer that I purposefully kept short. I would have to think more about this one.)

Do you believe in "luck" ? .... Why? (or why not).
    No, I don't believe in luck, as luck is something I cannot expect to have when I want to have it. So that's frustrating, so best not to rely on it. If I do get lucky with something it does make me pretty happy though

When I said "bad luck" I meant it's stuff I could not have prevented so just take it "as is". Though if there *is* a solution to the issue sooner or later, I would take it.