• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can hard life circumstances such as going to jail, change someone's gut fix?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well I could care less what you say. In 2007, both of my parents abandoned me completely and all of my college money was spent on lawyer's fees. Not only that but my mother ran with drug dealers at this point, when my father was in jail and I did live with her for a short bit. However, during this time, drug dealers would constantly be around my house, and would threaten my life because my mother would never pay her debt that she owed back to the drug dealers. This gave me PTSD, and it has been very difficult to work because of this. Just the slightest thing: someone yelling at me, someone threatening me, or someone even raising their voice to me, would set me off and I would get fired.

The only way that I have been able to survive is to be a full-time student and to live off government grant, loan, and scholarship money. In this time, I have earned an A.A. degree and am now working on my B.S. degree in Information Science. Also, in this time I have spent probably a couple grand on counselors to help me to solve this problem and I even hired an hypnotist that was able to teach me various relaxation techniques.

How ignorant can you really be to believe that the family circumstances that you were raised in, and the amount of money that your parents make have no real bearing upon how much money you will make in the future and how successful you will be? I can literally show you studies that have been conducted that show the correlation between how much money that a person's family makes and their likelyhood of getting an an advanced college degree or even any degree for that matter. Oh and yes, it appears as though you do need a college degree to actually get more than a minimum wage job in this Meritocracy of a nation that we have here. College degrees= money in our society.

don't ask questions if you don't care about the answer :shrug:

and don't even fucking THINK that you've had a harder time at the hands of others... you don't know my story and you already presume that you're right... ignorance + arrogance is a horrible combination :rolleyes:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
don't ask questions if you don't care about the answer :shrug:

and don't even fucking THINK that you've had a harder time at the hands of others... you don't know my story and you already presume that you're right... ignorance + arrogance is a horrible combination :rolleyes:

Oh I definitely believe that I have had a harder time in life than you. Also, I'm still waiting to hear how you can possibly think that how much money your parents have, has absolutely no impact on your future success in life?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh I definitely believe that I have had a harder time in life than you. Also, I'm still waiting to hear how you can possibly think that how much money your parents have, has absolutely no impact on your future success in life?

was that question a part of the OP? :huh:

and for your information, I grew up in a working class family that couldn't afford to send me to college so I fucking earned a full scholarship. I've worked my ass off for everything I have except for my brain and the fact that I'm the product of generations of hard labor and physically can endure a lot.

as for a tough life? mine's personal and this is a public forum, but let's just say that being the victim of violent crime more than once, being robbed multiple times, a few stints of homelessness have all occurred at some point... and I HAVE been to jail as well :)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
was that question a part of the OP? :huh:

and for your information, I grew up in a working class family that couldn't afford to send me to college so I fucking earned a full scholarship. I've worked my ass off for everything I have except for my brain and the fact that I'm the product of generations of hard labor and physically can endure a lot.

as for a tough life? mine's personal and this is a public forum, but let's just say that being the victim of violent crime more than once, being robbed multiple times, a few stints of homelessness have all occurred at some point... and I HAVE been to jail as well :)

My point that I made wasn't that you CAN'T come up if you grow up in poverty. My point is that if you grow up in poverty, it is MUCH more difficult to come up. I was under the impression that you were insinuating that no matter how much money one grows up with, it doesn't increase his or her chances of success? Which I think is total bullshit.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My point that I made wasn't that you CAN'T come up if you grow up in poverty. My point is that if you grow up in poverty, it is MUCH more difficult to come up. I was under the impression that you were insinuating that no matter how much money one grows up with, it doesn't increase his or her chances of success? Which I think is total bullshit.

no, I never argued that point... if GW Bush hadn't been born into the Bush family he'd probably be a perfectly happy insurance salesman somewhere :laugh:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
no, I never argued that point... if GW Bush hadn't been born into the Bush family he'd probably be a perfectly happy insurance salesman somewhere :laugh:

Well what point were you arguing with me?