• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Adapting your confrontation style to another person's: what is this reminiscent with?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, you have me there, it does seem more like a person with an 8 fix rather than a 9 fix.
Indeed.

I still don't know if I can see myself as a 638 though. I don't know about how the women come off, but I know that the 638 men that I've known tend to basically be the "tough guy" whom is extremely insecure and feels like they have to prove themselves to the world. I don't know if I identify with that description.
Is that in the descriptions, though, or is that just your observation? Again, my dad's this tritype, and I don't see him this way at all! He's a guy committed to making his workplace "fair" and is generally overwhelmed by self-doubts and his own anxious ruminations rather than trying to "prove" himself. He does have an impulsive temper, though, and is considered "difficult". Not a pseudo-tough guy though.

Well at least we can agree on this.
:)

Do you agree with me though, that she thinks that most people that say they are 8 fixed are full of shit? Also, what did Boss think that your fix was?
Just about everyone on that website will think you're full of shit if you say you're an 8 or 8-fixed. I wouldn't blame it on that particular user. At first, she did think I was 8-fixed till I was basically forced to speak against myself at one point, due to complex circumstances and shortcomings to my own ideals. Now it's "common knowledge" that I am 9-fixed.

Which is like, lol.

I don't really believe that each type has both wings. I subscribe to sub-wing theory.
Really? I see exactly both my wings happening inside me every day. It's thought in some circles that the type is created out of the tensions between two surrounding types; Naranjo, who is highly regarded, insists that we should see ourselves in the psychologies of the surrounding types. He hasn't really said much about wing theory at all.

I buy that, because it's true for me, and I've seen it in others I've known well.

So for instance, according to my theory:

-The 8w7(7w6) is ridiculously confrontational and also has a more head-centerish energy compared to the rest of the 8's. They are probably the most confrontational of all the 8's. They are also probably the most energetic. Think Tony Montana and think Tuco from "Breaking Bad".

-The 8w7(sw9w8) is also confrontational but sometimes they just let confrontation go because they just don't give a damn. Their energy is still somewhat fast paced, but slower and less flashy than the 8w7(sw7w6). They aren't really that head-center at all and come off as EXTREMELY gut-center. Think Tywin Lannister from "Game of Thrones".

-The 8w9(sw7w8) is more confrontational than the 8w7(sw9w8) but less confrontational than the 8w7(sw7w6). They tend to be the "tell it how it is" 8w9. They tend to be very brave and charismatic leaders and don't tend to hold back. Think Dr. Martin Luther King and Dr. Phil.

-The 8w9(sw9w1) is almost like a grizzly bear. They give off a "Don't mess with me" vibe, and you know not cross them, but they don't necessarily come off as scary as the other 8's. This is probably the most gut center of all the 8's. This 8 can sometimes be confused with a 9, because they often times will avoid confrontation if they don't view the other person as a threat. However, again, you still know not to mess with them. Good examples of this type of 8 are Mike from "Breaking Bad" and the guy with the burned face from "Game of Thrones".
That's some good work. Thanks for putting that in. DOCTOR PHIL.

But, I must point out, that reading this would make think I wasn't 8-related at all! I get kinda tired of the confrontational "tough guy" stuff associated with the type, actually. It does other things to me which I think are more important than me being confrontational or scary all the time. (Actually, I'm scarier for being withdrawn, apparently. LOL). It's a big part of the reason I moved off 8 at one point. Just sayin'.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@Sanjuro

In your video's you don't have the presence of an 8, you have the presence of a 9 fixer.
So the 9 fix is what gives me that mellow vibe? Like people call me hippyish ?

And the the sx Dom is the thing. That makes sense.

R

Riva

Hmm... humans mirror without knowing. This could be a human thingy and subconscious tend..... e6. E6 is my guess.

I think if you relate to both 8 and 1 then 9 is possible too. Like what [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] often says about a type being a mix of the two adjacent types around it (which I agree with).

For example, as a 7 I still see 8ish tendencies in myself even though 8 shows up almost nowhere in my type besides my last fix's subwing.

Pls share the link you quoted that from.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]

Is that in the descriptions, though, or is that just your observation? Again, my dad's this tritype, and I don't see him this way at all! He's a guy committed to making his workplace "fair" and is generally overwhelmed by self-doubts and his own anxious ruminations rather than trying to "prove" himself. He does have an impulsive temper, though, and is considered "difficult". Not a pseudo-tough guy though.

Just an observation. I guess I could be wrong though.

Just about everyone on that website will think you're full of shit if you say you're an 8 or 8-fixed. I wouldn't blame it on that particular user. At first, she did think I was 8-fixed till I was basically forced to speak against myself at one point, due to complex circumstances and shortcomings to my own ideals. Now it's "common knowledge" that I am 9-fixed.

Which is like, lol.

Yeah that's the common folklore on these sites.

Really? I see exactly both my wings happening inside me every day. It's thought in some circles that the type is created out of the tensions between two surrounding types; Naranjo, who is highly regarded, insists that we should see ourselves in the psychologies of the surrounding types. He hasn't really said much about wing theory at all.

I buy that, because it's true for me, and I've seen it in others I've known well.

You probably are an 8w9(sw7w8) fixer, that's why.

That's some good work. Thanks for putting that in. DOCTOR PHIL.

But, I must point out, that reading this would make think I wasn't 8-related at all! I get kinda tired of the confrontational "tough guy" stuff associated with the type, actually. It does other things to me which I think are more important than me being confrontational or scary all the time. (Actually, I'm scarier for being withdrawn, apparently. LOL). It's a big part of the reason I moved off 8 at one point. Just sayin'.

8 is a confrontation type. Anyone that would deny this is an idiot.

On a side note, you did also say that you weren't interested in sex or relationships on another thread. I clearly remember arguing with you about the validity of you being an actual sx dom because of this.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just an observation. I guess I could be wrong though.
As I see it, there are all sorts of people, in every tritype. I wouldn't let your experience with 638 posers determine what you could/could not be.

Yeah that's the common folklore on these sites.
And it is bullshit, for reference. The best thing I ever did was leave that site and read some real enneagram books.

You probably are an 8w9(sw7w8) fixer, that's why.
That's about right. Problem is, I'm more identified with 7 than 9 right now.

8 is a confrontation type. Anyone that would deny this is an idiot.
Luckily, I don't deny that 8s are confrontational, so you don't have to think I'm an idiot! However, I would emphasize that much of this confrontation can be geared towards problems and difficult circumstances, rather than picking on people. As I experience it, 8 is more about selfish self-interest, feeling "at war" with the world, and hardening oneself against adversity. Confrontation is a mere by-product of this particular psychology, and plenty of 8-fixers and core 8s alike have mistyped due to not seeing themselves as being "that mean" or "a jerk".

On a side note, you did also say that you weren't interested in sex or relationships on another thread. I clearly remember arguing with you about the validity of you being an actual sx dom because of this.
I believe that's your interpretation of my words. Show me the specific quote where I said that, and we can talk.

I don't recall saying it; I do recall saying that I have never experienced "limerence", because I don't like feeling out of control and sentimental, and moreover, that limerence is a human phenomenon in general, not pegged specifically to the sx instinct. The sx is more about focusing to an obsessive degree on someone/something that captures interest. It does touch on sexual and desirability issues, of course--but is more than that alone. True infatuation, however, is a result of a chemical shift in one's brain.

I've also said I can reject and deny that instinct and my needs for it--the key being that it's a vehement reaction against it, much as socials can be anti-social. If I'm sx-second or -last, I'd question why I've got such an adverse instinctive response to this instinct. Doesn't stop the desperation I've felt when I'm alone with my thoughts.

Anyway. TTYL.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So the 9 fix is what gives me that mellow vibe? Like people call me hippyish ?

And the the sx Dom is the thing. That makes sense.

To tell the honest to God truth, your energy comes off 749. You have a very Jane from "Breaking Bad" energy to yourself. Just imagine that Jane was never a drug user or anything and imagine that she was a healthy individual, and you will see what I mean. I really can't see you as a 792 tri-type either because they are the most happy and friendly mofos on the face of the planet. They are like Spongebob Squarepants mofos. They come off as happy, energetic, and they almost seem like they would be on the Disney Channel or something. You don't come off like that in your video AT ALL.

I can't really see you as a 782 either, because that is basically THE MOST extroverted type. The 782 is a lot like the 278 in that they come off as very upbeat and happy most of the time. The main difference is that 782 is more aggressive. When I picture the 782, I envision the party animal who throws huge parties at his/her house all the time that everyone comes to, and that basically gladly shares their drinks, food, (sometimes drugs), etc, with people. You don't come off as 782 at all.

I also can't see you as a 784 tri-type either. This tri-type is what I like to refer to as the, "Triple Fuck-You Triad". Types 7, do their own thing and don't really worry about what others think and what everyone else is doing, and so do types 8 and 4. This is why I call this the, "Triple Fuck-You" triad. This type usually has a VERY LOUD presence and are usually Sx dom. This type often times comes off as overly aggressive, and they are often apologetically opinionated. In other words, they come off like the user, "Mane". You don't come off like that at all.

However, the 479 comes off as a creative, peaceful, and gentle spirit. They often come off like Hippies to tell the truth. They often come off like a typical woman that you would see doing yoga or the kind of gal that's into introspective spiritual stuff. That's really the kind of vibe that I get from you. If this type is a core 7, they often look like a 4 as well. They often come off like a very creative artist as well. They often have a dark and mysterious vibe to them as well.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To tell the honest to God truth, your energy comes off 749. You have a very Jane from "Breaking Bad" energy to yourself. Just imagine that Jane was never a drug user or anything and imagine that she was a healthy individual, and you will see what I mean. I really can't see you as a 792 tri-type either because they are the most happy and friendly mofos on the face of the planet. They are like Spongebob Squarepants mofos. They come off as happy, energetic, and they almost seem like they would be on the Disney Channel or something. You don't come off like that in your video AT ALL.

I can't really see you as a 782 either, because that is basically THE MOST extroverted type. The 782 is a lot like the 278 in that they come off as very upbeat and happy most of the time. The main difference is that 782 is more aggressive. When I picture the 782, I envision the party animal who throws huge parties at his/her house all the time that everyone comes to, and that basically gladly shares their drinks, food, (sometimes drugs), etc, with people. You don't come off as 782 at all.

I also can't see you as a 784 tri-type either. This tri-type is what I like to refer to as the, "Triple Fuck-You Triad". Types 7, do their own thing and don't really worry about what others think and what everyone else is doing, and so do types 8 and 4. This is why I call this the, "Triple Fuck-You" triad. This type usually has a VERY LOUD presence and are usually Sx dom. This type often times comes off as overly aggressive, and they are often apologetically opinionated. In other words, they come off like the user, "Mane". You don't come off like that at all.

However, the 479 comes off as a creative, peaceful, and gentle spirit. They often come off like Hippies to tell the truth. They often come off like a typical woman that you would see doing yoga or the kind of gal that's into introspective spiritual stuff. That's really the kind of vibe that I get from you. If this type is a core 7, they often look like a 4 as well. They often come off like a very creative artist as well. They often have a dark and mysterious vibe to them as well.

hey thanks so much for your take on all that! i would say that being described as hippish has always been the most common theme for me. gentle and calm but i do have opinions and don't back down but more often than not i diffuse with a bit of charm or people are just nice to me because i'm nice to them.

thanks for sharing your thread with me haha

my type 4 bf does not see it but i wonder if it's just expressed in a different way or that it's 4w3 and just feels different...or that it's my last fix or something.

people always say i seem artsy...and i am in love with all things creative. like if i won the lottery i would just spend my time taking various art and design courses.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

As I see it, there are all sorts of people, in every tritype. I wouldn't let your experience with 638 posers determine what you could/could not be.

My childhood was not congruent with a 638 tri-type at all. I didn't come off as a bold nor assertive personality at all. In fact, I was basically a bitch-ass as a child. I was basically the wimpy kid that everyone picked on as a child. Have you ever seen the, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" movies? Yeah that was basically me when I was little. That isn't 638 my friend, it just isn't.

And it is bullshit, for reference. The best thing I ever did was leave that site and read some real enneagram books.

You would have hated typewatch even more then. They all basically just brainwash you into thinking that you're a certain type there. If you disagree with them, they call you an ignoramus as well. Oh, and everyone is "supposedly" sexual last on that site. Pretty much every SX dom that I have known that has gone there has been mis-typed. Elfboy was a 3w4 sp/so there, I was a 6w5 so/sp, Promethea was a 6w7 so/sp and they typed her as ENFP (LMAO), and Pink Rasputin was 6w7 so/sp. That site was ridiculous, and I'm almost happy that I got banned.

That's about right. Problem is, I'm more identified with 7 than 9 right now.

So you think that you are 8w7(sw9w8) fixed then?

Luckily, I don't deny that 8s are confrontational, so you don't have to think I'm an idiot! However, I would emphasize that much of this confrontation can be geared towards problems and difficult circumstances, rather than picking on people. As I experience it, 8 is more about selfish self-interest, feeling "at war" with the world, and hardening oneself against adversity. Confrontation is a mere by-product of this particular psychology, and plenty of 8-fixers and core 8s alike have mistyped due to not seeing themselves as being "that mean" or "a jerk".

Only unhealthy 8's tend to bully people.

I believe that's your interpretation of my words. Show me the specific quote where I said that, and we can talk.

I don't recall saying it; I do recall saying that I have never experienced "limerence", because I don't like feeling out of control and sentimental, and moreover, that limerence is a human phenomenon in general, not pegged specifically to the sx instinct. The sx is more about focusing to an obsessive degree on someone/something that captures interest. It does touch on sexual and desirability issues, of course--but is more than that alone. True infatuation, however, is a result of a chemical shift in one's brain.

I've also said I can reject and deny that instinct and my needs for it--the key being that it's a vehement reaction against it, much as socials can be anti-social. If I'm sx-second or -last, I'd question why I've got such an adverse instinctive response to this instinct. Doesn't stop the desperation I've felt when I'm alone with my thoughts.

Anyway. TTYL.

I will find this quote for you and post it a little later. This will take some time.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
hey thanks so much for your take on all that! i would say that being described as hippish has always been the most common theme for me. gentle and calm but i do have opinions and don't back down but more often than not i diffuse with a bit of charm or people are just nice to me because i'm nice to them.

thanks for sharing your thread with me haha

my type 4 bf does not see it but i wonder if it's just expressed in a different way or that it's 4w3 and just feels different...or that it's my last fix or something.

people always say i seem artsy...and i am in love with all things creative. like if i won the lottery i would just spend my time taking various art and design courses.

This page describes all the tri-types in full. See which ones you relate to the most...

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram-personality-theory-forum/73452-27-tritype-archetype-descriptions.html

278 description...

478 description:

Finally, the 479 description...

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My childhood was not congruent with a 638 tri-type at all. I didn't come off as a bold nor assertive personality at all. In fact, I was basically a bitch-ass as a child. I was basically the wimpy kid that everyone picked on as a child. Have you ever seen the, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" movies? Yeah that was basically me when I was little. That isn't 638 my friend, it just isn't.
My childhood wasn't congruent with 8ness, either--I got bullied, I withdrew, I whined, I complained, I self-pitied, I never got into any fights, and I didn't create problems. School is an artificially forced social circumstance that makes us all slightly batshit. Don't measure yourself by that. I didn't really become warlike till I hit puberty, and even then, only in my head. It took major life trauma before I even saw the ugly side of 8.

You would have hated typewatch even more then. They all basically just brainwash you into thinking that you're a certain type there. If you disagree with them, they call you an ignoramus as well. Oh, and everyone is "supposedly" sexual last on that site. Pretty much every SX dom that I have known that has gone there has been mis-typed. Elfboy was a 3w4 sp/so there, I was a 6w5 so/sp, Promethea was a 6w7 so/sp and they typed her as ENFP (LMAO), and Pink Rasputin was 6w7 so/sp. That site was ridiculous, and I'm almost happy that I got banned.
I've heard stories, including that one girl was bullied so bad she committed suicide. I'd almost love to go there and see what they say about me, actually, though luckily, I'm not good enough at making friends to get invited.

So you think that you are 8w7(sw9w8) fixed then?
I don't accord it a wing.

Only unhealthy 8's tend to bully people.
Agreed.

I will find this quote for you and post it a little later. This will take some time.
Sure, take your time. This isn't about me right now.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really can't see you as a 792 tri-type either because they are the most happy and friendly mofos on the face of the planet. They are like Spongebob Squarepants mofos. They come off as happy, energetic, and they almost seem like they would be on the Disney Channel or something.

I knew I was always meant for stardom.
icon_local_aimkissyface.gif

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
icon_local_aimkissyface.gif

I really can't see you as a 792 tri-type either because they are the most happy and friendly mofos on the face of the planet. They are like Spongebob Squarepants mofos. They come off as happy, energetic, and they almost seem like they would be on the Disney Channel or something.
LOL guys. I have a friend I think is 729 or 279...and I always called her the "female Spongebob". Absolutely unsinkably happy and optimistic.

She was the best.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

My childhood wasn't congruent with 8ness, either--I got bullied, I withdrew, I whined, I complained, I self-pitied, I never got into any fights, and I didn't create problems. School is an artificially forced social circumstance that makes us all slightly batshit. Don't measure yourself by that. I didn't really become warlike till I hit puberty, and even then, only in my head. It took major life trauma before I even saw the ugly side of 8.

I wonder how fast these 8ish tendencies would start to show in a person?

I've heard stories, including that one girl was bullied so bad she committed suicide. I'd almost love to go there and see what they say about me, actually, though luckily, I'm not good enough at making friends to get invited.

No that was a guy I'm pretty sure. I think you are referring to Storm. Storm died of liver failure if I remember correctly. They never bullied someone to suicide. However, they are like a damn cult, you can be sure of that. Never go there, if you are unsure of your identity.

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

Go get a part on Glee or something.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha yeah i'm not that. i'm more like zen about it all.