User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 86

  1. #61
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Sanjuro



    In your video's you don't have the presence of an 8, you have the presence of a 9 fixer.
    You mean @Lady X

  2. #62
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    You mean @Lady X
    Yeah I meant her. The damn screen froze and I couldn't get it to load. Really I didn't even think that comment was going to go through.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah, you have me there, it does seem more like a person with an 8 fix rather than a 9 fix.
    Indeed.

    I still don't know if I can see myself as a 638 though. I don't know about how the women come off, but I know that the 638 men that I've known tend to basically be the "tough guy" whom is extremely insecure and feels like they have to prove themselves to the world. I don't know if I identify with that description.
    Is that in the descriptions, though, or is that just your observation? Again, my dad's this tritype, and I don't see him this way at all! He's a guy committed to making his workplace "fair" and is generally overwhelmed by self-doubts and his own anxious ruminations rather than trying to "prove" himself. He does have an impulsive temper, though, and is considered "difficult". Not a pseudo-tough guy though.

    Well at least we can agree on this.


    Do you agree with me though, that she thinks that most people that say they are 8 fixed are full of shit? Also, what did Boss think that your fix was?
    Just about everyone on that website will think you're full of shit if you say you're an 8 or 8-fixed. I wouldn't blame it on that particular user. At first, she did think I was 8-fixed till I was basically forced to speak against myself at one point, due to complex circumstances and shortcomings to my own ideals. Now it's "common knowledge" that I am 9-fixed.

    Which is like, lol.

    I don't really believe that each type has both wings. I subscribe to sub-wing theory.
    Really? I see exactly both my wings happening inside me every day. It's thought in some circles that the type is created out of the tensions between two surrounding types; Naranjo, who is highly regarded, insists that we should see ourselves in the psychologies of the surrounding types. He hasn't really said much about wing theory at all.

    I buy that, because it's true for me, and I've seen it in others I've known well.

    So for instance, according to my theory:

    -The 8w7(7w6) is ridiculously confrontational and also has a more head-centerish energy compared to the rest of the 8's. They are probably the most confrontational of all the 8's. They are also probably the most energetic. Think Tony Montana and think Tuco from "Breaking Bad".

    -The 8w7(sw9w8) is also confrontational but sometimes they just let confrontation go because they just don't give a damn. Their energy is still somewhat fast paced, but slower and less flashy than the 8w7(sw7w6). They aren't really that head-center at all and come off as EXTREMELY gut-center. Think Tywin Lannister from "Game of Thrones".

    -The 8w9(sw7w8) is more confrontational than the 8w7(sw9w8) but less confrontational than the 8w7(sw7w6). They tend to be the "tell it how it is" 8w9. They tend to be very brave and charismatic leaders and don't tend to hold back. Think Dr. Martin Luther King and Dr. Phil.

    -The 8w9(sw9w1) is almost like a grizzly bear. They give off a "Don't mess with me" vibe, and you know not cross them, but they don't necessarily come off as scary as the other 8's. This is probably the most gut center of all the 8's. This 8 can sometimes be confused with a 9, because they often times will avoid confrontation if they don't view the other person as a threat. However, again, you still know not to mess with them. Good examples of this type of 8 are Mike from "Breaking Bad" and the guy with the burned face from "Game of Thrones".
    That's some good work. Thanks for putting that in. DOCTOR PHIL.

    But, I must point out, that reading this would make think I wasn't 8-related at all! I get kinda tired of the confrontational "tough guy" stuff associated with the type, actually. It does other things to me which I think are more important than me being confrontational or scary all the time. (Actually, I'm scarier for being withdrawn, apparently. LOL). It's a big part of the reason I moved off 8 at one point. Just sayin'.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah I meant her. The damn screen froze and I couldn't get it to load. Really I didn't even think that comment was going to go through.
    Site went down temporarily. Here too.

  5. #65
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Sanjuro



    In your video's you don't have the presence of an 8, you have the presence of a 9 fixer.
    So the 9 fix is what gives me that mellow vibe? Like people call me hippyish ?

    And the the sx Dom is the thing. That makes sense.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  6. #66
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Hmm... humans mirror without knowing. This could be a human thingy and subconscious tend..... e6. E6 is my guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I think if you relate to both 8 and 1 then 9 is possible too. Like what @OrangeAppled often says about a type being a mix of the two adjacent types around it (which I agree with).



    For example, as a 7 I still see 8ish tendencies in myself even though 8 shows up almost nowhere in my type besides my last fix's subwing.
    Pls share the link you quoted that from.

  7. #67
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Pls share the link you quoted that from.
    http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...ts-maitri.html
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  8. #68
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Sanjuro

    Is that in the descriptions, though, or is that just your observation? Again, my dad's this tritype, and I don't see him this way at all! He's a guy committed to making his workplace "fair" and is generally overwhelmed by self-doubts and his own anxious ruminations rather than trying to "prove" himself. He does have an impulsive temper, though, and is considered "difficult". Not a pseudo-tough guy though.
    Just an observation. I guess I could be wrong though.

    Just about everyone on that website will think you're full of shit if you say you're an 8 or 8-fixed. I wouldn't blame it on that particular user. At first, she did think I was 8-fixed till I was basically forced to speak against myself at one point, due to complex circumstances and shortcomings to my own ideals. Now it's "common knowledge" that I am 9-fixed.

    Which is like, lol.
    Yeah that's the common folklore on these sites.

    Really? I see exactly both my wings happening inside me every day. It's thought in some circles that the type is created out of the tensions between two surrounding types; Naranjo, who is highly regarded, insists that we should see ourselves in the psychologies of the surrounding types. He hasn't really said much about wing theory at all.

    I buy that, because it's true for me, and I've seen it in others I've known well.
    You probably are an 8w9(sw7w8) fixer, that's why.

    That's some good work. Thanks for putting that in. DOCTOR PHIL.

    But, I must point out, that reading this would make think I wasn't 8-related at all! I get kinda tired of the confrontational "tough guy" stuff associated with the type, actually. It does other things to me which I think are more important than me being confrontational or scary all the time. (Actually, I'm scarier for being withdrawn, apparently. LOL). It's a big part of the reason I moved off 8 at one point. Just sayin'.
    8 is a confrontation type. Anyone that would deny this is an idiot.

    On a side note, you did also say that you weren't interested in sex or relationships on another thread. I clearly remember arguing with you about the validity of you being an actual sx dom because of this.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Just an observation. I guess I could be wrong though.
    As I see it, there are all sorts of people, in every tritype. I wouldn't let your experience with 638 posers determine what you could/could not be.

    Yeah that's the common folklore on these sites.
    And it is bullshit, for reference. The best thing I ever did was leave that site and read some real enneagram books.

    You probably are an 8w9(sw7w8) fixer, that's why.
    That's about right. Problem is, I'm more identified with 7 than 9 right now.

    8 is a confrontation type. Anyone that would deny this is an idiot.
    Luckily, I don't deny that 8s are confrontational, so you don't have to think I'm an idiot! However, I would emphasize that much of this confrontation can be geared towards problems and difficult circumstances, rather than picking on people. As I experience it, 8 is more about selfish self-interest, feeling "at war" with the world, and hardening oneself against adversity. Confrontation is a mere by-product of this particular psychology, and plenty of 8-fixers and core 8s alike have mistyped due to not seeing themselves as being "that mean" or "a jerk".

    On a side note, you did also say that you weren't interested in sex or relationships on another thread. I clearly remember arguing with you about the validity of you being an actual sx dom because of this.
    I believe that's your interpretation of my words. Show me the specific quote where I said that, and we can talk.

    I don't recall saying it; I do recall saying that I have never experienced "limerence", because I don't like feeling out of control and sentimental, and moreover, that limerence is a human phenomenon in general, not pegged specifically to the sx instinct. The sx is more about focusing to an obsessive degree on someone/something that captures interest. It does touch on sexual and desirability issues, of course--but is more than that alone. True infatuation, however, is a result of a chemical shift in one's brain.

    I've also said I can reject and deny that instinct and my needs for it--the key being that it's a vehement reaction against it, much as socials can be anti-social. If I'm sx-second or -last, I'd question why I've got such an adverse instinctive response to this instinct. Doesn't stop the desperation I've felt when I'm alone with my thoughts.

    Anyway. TTYL.

  10. #70
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    So the 9 fix is what gives me that mellow vibe? Like people call me hippyish ?

    And the the sx Dom is the thing. That makes sense.
    To tell the honest to God truth, your energy comes off 749. You have a very Jane from "Breaking Bad" energy to yourself. Just imagine that Jane was never a drug user or anything and imagine that she was a healthy individual, and you will see what I mean. I really can't see you as a 792 tri-type either because they are the most happy and friendly mofos on the face of the planet. They are like Spongebob Squarepants mofos. They come off as happy, energetic, and they almost seem like they would be on the Disney Channel or something. You don't come off like that in your video AT ALL.

    I can't really see you as a 782 either, because that is basically THE MOST extroverted type. The 782 is a lot like the 278 in that they come off as very upbeat and happy most of the time. The main difference is that 782 is more aggressive. When I picture the 782, I envision the party animal who throws huge parties at his/her house all the time that everyone comes to, and that basically gladly shares their drinks, food, (sometimes drugs), etc, with people. You don't come off as 782 at all.

    I also can't see you as a 784 tri-type either. This tri-type is what I like to refer to as the, "Triple Fuck-You Triad". Types 7, do their own thing and don't really worry about what others think and what everyone else is doing, and so do types 8 and 4. This is why I call this the, "Triple Fuck-You" triad. This type usually has a VERY LOUD presence and are usually Sx dom. This type often times comes off as overly aggressive, and they are often apologetically opinionated. In other words, they come off like the user, "Mane". You don't come off like that at all.

    However, the 479 comes off as a creative, peaceful, and gentle spirit. They often come off like Hippies to tell the truth. They often come off like a typical woman that you would see doing yoga or the kind of gal that's into introspective spiritual stuff. That's really the kind of vibe that I get from you. If this type is a core 7, they often look like a 4 as well. They often come off like a very creative artist as well. They often have a dark and mysterious vibe to them as well.

Similar Threads

  1. What is this "personality" thing
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2015, 10:23 AM
  2. What is your writing style? - Determining Your Personality Type By What You Write
    By moira in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 03:11 AM
  3. Do your parents speak to you in third person still?
    By ladypinkington in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 01:08 AM
  4. What is this guys personality type?
    By titanguy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 10:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO